venicebitx

Lana records to be featured in ‘Artist Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined’ exhibition at the LACMA

On 10/4/2022 at 6:13 PM, SouthInGuy said:

Finally got my copies in. Yes I was dumb enough to buy all 3. The pictures don't do them justice tho. The prints are very nice! They seem like actual paintings to me, not prints. The only signed one is the Jenna Gribbon BTD. Haven't seen any other pics of these anywhere yet (there's a discogs listing for the Paradise one tho). Am I the only one that got sucked into buying these? 

FeQcvoYUYAAwAnf?format=jpg&name=smallFeQcvn8X0AM6oQT?format=jpg&name=smallFeQcvn6XkAIhLE9?format=jpg&name=smallFeQcwSFWAAAC4NT?format=jpg&name=smallFeQcyr6akAA0fQI?format=jpg&name=small

Shit dude! :hdu: How much did you pay for these? I wrote these off as copies I will never own just because of the price tag.

3 hours ago, Olympia said:

I'd be pretty p***** off if I had bought a black vinyl for 2500 USD and then a picture disc comes up for 100 USD, lol

https://thentwrk.com/product/691310/lana-del-rey-born-to-die-by-jenna-gribbon-gallery-picture-disc 

Ok, I'd buy this for real

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

really love the btd cover so maybe I'll just buy a custom vinyl cover to put my target pressing in :makeup: much less than $100

that's what happens when you're on your own

and you're alright with letting nice things go

I was never interested in these when they came out before, I've never even considered them to be official Lana things... they were basically just art that happened to come with a record that happened to be Lana. But this picture disc... I might actually consider it, since it was my favorite artwork of the three and the only one that looks like it has anything to do with her... $100 seems like a bargain compared to $2500 but still... $100, yikes, do I really need it? Yes

Lol wait, the inventory in the HTML says there's only 3 copies... please tell me that can't be right :crai:... I'm just going to guess that's some kind of placeholder amount until they actually go on sale

to me, none of it is worth it. it just looks like...fan art commissioned by the label and prob not even consulted with lana herself. screams unofficial and not with lana's blessing at all.

11 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

100 USD for digital copies ... who buys the disc and leaks it for the rest of us? :usrs: (I think it will leak anyway)

it's the same album we already have, it isn't new material lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

a picture disc is a vinyl with a picture printed on it, sis

usually picture discs sound kind of shitty too, so they're only good to have for fun as a collector

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

49 minutes ago, LemonadeTea said:

I saw comments saying lana didn’t rly care for these… anyone know anything about that?

n00B1H0.png

Spoiler

she posted the btd one on its own though (although the caption is definitely not written by her lmfao) so maybe she likes that one the best? the only problem is the cover is for btd but that picture of her is from ride:rip:

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

n00B1H0.png

Hide contents

she posted the btd one on its own though (although the caption is definitely not written by her lmfao) so maybe she likes that one the best? the only problem is the cover is for btd but that picture of her is from ride:rip:

Thanks so much for this, I was looking all the time for her comment on them and could not find it. 

Since you wondered why she posted this one: I have no idea if my memory tricks me, but didn't she say anything about her being pictured nude there in an interview at the exhibit? But maybe just a fan guessed so why she disliked it and this is stuck in my mind... Absolutely cannot remember, there is just some cloudy mist, lol. 

It was expensive watch it 

19 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Thanks so much for this, I was looking all the time for her comment on them and could not find it. 

Since you wondered why she posted this one: I have no idea if my memory tricks me, but didn't she say anything about her being pictured nude there in an interview at the exhibit? But maybe just a fan guessed so why she disliked it and this is stuck in my mind... Absolutely cannot remember, there is just some cloudy mist, lol. 

ooo you’re right, i forgot about that!

Later on in the night, I again found Del Rey and asked what it had been like to see Gribbon’s interpretation of Born to Die, which Gribbon called in an Instagram caption, “one of my favorite records of all time.” Del Rey took a breath and said that her music has often been misinterpreted by writers and critics.

“My dad always says, ‘Dumb it down,’ but if you listen to the lyrics it’s actually pretty simple,” she said. But a painting in response to an album is not a written review. Del Rey said that she came to terms with the Gribbon work.

“It’s hard for me to look at their perspective, and at first I thought it was too sexualized, and too voyeuristic,” said Del Rey. “And then I talked to Jenna, and they said, ‘That’s the way we see it.’”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/01/jimmy-iovine-and-pseudo-controversial-interscope-show-at-lacma

sUcVobB.png

I don’t think $100 is that bad at all imo, considering the (assumed) high quality, exclusive artwork and vinyl, plus it’s literally going to a charity 

I would consider getting it but it’s not the deluxe edition and I can’t not have Lucky Ones on vinyl #rip

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

13 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I would consider getting it but it’s not the deluxe edition and I can’t not have Lucky Ones on vinyl #rip

This.

The Downward Spiral is a 2LP and it’s also 100.

Unless the Deluxe BTD’s Plates are missing, This should’ve been a deluxe pressing.

The earlier I kinda understood bc I didn’t think they were recently pressed, These being picture discs mean otherwise…

IMG-3521.jpg

On 5/5/2023 at 5:47 AM, Olympia said:

I'd be pretty p***** off if I had bought a black vinyl for 2500 USD and then a picture disc comes up for 100 USD, lol

https://thentwrk.com/product/691310/lana-del-rey-born-to-die-by-jenna-gribbon-gallery-picture-disc 

I bought the 2500 dollar one and I'm not mad. That's not the price for the LP. It's the included art print that you were paying for. 

Happy more people will be able to buy the picture disc version! I'll probably (duh) get one myself to play. I still haven't played the LPs from the original run. 

I feel SO bad for the dumb bitches who spent $2500 on a fucking black vinyl with a shitty artwork, just for an infinitely superior PICTURE DISC to be released for only $100. Like honestly at that point I would curl up into a ball and cry and then kill myself I cannot imagine being scammed so bad. Interscope are so kunt for that :hair:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

16 minutes ago, SouthInGuy said:

I bought the 2500 dollar one and I'm not mad. That's not the price for the LP. It's the included art print that you were paying for. 

Happy more people will be able to buy the picture disc version! I'll probably (duh) get one myself to play. I still haven't played the LPs from the original run. 

im sorry but a “print” is not worth $2500 :toofloppy: