venicebitx

Lana records to be featured in ‘Artist Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined’ exhibition at the LACMA

4 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

im sorry but a “print” is not worth $2500 :toofloppy:

Actually there are way more expensive art prints - in photography, that's usual business when it comes to big names. However, since they are still available despite of a limitation to 100, the market for them was not as big as they hoped for. 

4 hours ago, SouthInGuy said:

I bought the 2500 dollar one and I'm not mad. That's not the price for the LP. It's the included art print that you were paying for. 

Happy more people will be able to buy the picture disc version! I'll probably (duh) get one myself to play. I still haven't played the LPs from the original run. 

That's good but I guess that's not how most people who bought it feel. A lot of people want to keep their "exclusives". I just think of discussions with people getting mad if they got their hands on a limited vinyl only and then they press more of them. 

It was expensive watch it 

The more I think about whether I actually want to buy this picture disc or not, the more conflicted I am lol like idk if I really wann spend $100 on this :tsk:

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that its for Born to Die but the picture used is from Ride....which could make sense if it was the BTD: Paradise editon, but its not...

I still am wondering what was going through the artists minds when they decided on making these paintings based off of the albums...like literally none of them fit the vibes of the albums :um2:

Spoiler

Later on in the night, I again found Del Rey and asked what it had been like to see Gribbon’s interpretation of Born to Die, which Gribbon called in an Instagram caption, “one of my favorite records of all time.” Del Rey took a breath and said that her music has often been misinterpreted by writers and critics.

“My dad always says, ‘Dumb it down,’ but if you listen to the lyrics it’s actually pretty simple,” she said. But a painting in response to an album is not a written review. Del Rey said that she came to terms with the Gribbon work.

“It’s hard for me to look at their perspective, and at first I thought it was too sexualized, and too voyeuristic,” said Del Rey. “And then I talked to Jenna, and they said, ‘That’s the way we see it.’”

All this just really makes me wonder like Jenna Gribbon said BTD was one of her favorite albums, but she chose a picture that wasn't even from that era? :ma:

On 5/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, fishtails said:

Hide contents

Later on in the night, I again found Del Rey and asked what it had been like to see Gribbon’s interpretation of Born to Die, which Gribbon called in an Instagram caption, “one of my favorite records of all time.” Del Rey took a breath and said that her music has often been misinterpreted by writers and critics.

“My dad always says, ‘Dumb it down,’ but if you listen to the lyrics it’s actually pretty simple,” she said. But a painting in response to an album is not a written review. Del Rey said that she came to terms with the Gribbon work.

“It’s hard for me to look at their perspective, and at first I thought it was too sexualized, and too voyeuristic,” said Del Rey. “And then I talked to Jenna, and they said, ‘That’s the way we see it.’”

All this just really makes me wonder like Jenna Gribbon said BTD was one of her favorite albums, but she chose a picture that wasn't even from that era? :ma:

Where is that article from? Im kinda second guessing if I want to buy it now that I know Lana’s feelings on it:oic3:

36 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Where is that article from? Im kinda second guessing if I want to buy it now that I know Lana’s feelings on it:oic3:

Its from this article: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/01/jimmy-iovine-and-pseudo-controversial-interscope-show-at-lacma

I'm still thinking it over too...

Not sure what I'm missing... I saved a link to NTWRK's website showing all of the pic discs that will be on sale tomorrow the 12th. They were all there yesterday, but as of today they are all gone :crossed: I even have the NTWRK app with my account set up and the discs are nowhere to be seen. I was wanting to grab BTD & NIN

Did these go on sale and sell out already? The announcement said they were going live on the 12th... today is the 11th :facepalm:

Never mind... they took the front page down with all the releases shown, but a quick Goog search got me a direct link

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

4 hours ago, TropicoKitten said:

zLMRZfb_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

what do they mean by, “some of which are autographed”? Autographed by the musicians or the painters? 

By the painters. And I think that was only related to those which costed 2500 USD. Only B2D was sold signed by the artist, NFR and P not, they were 2000 USD. (well, still are, as still available). 

15 hours ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Not sure what I'm missing... I saved a link to NTWRK's website showing all of the pic discs that will be on sale tomorrow the 12th. They were all there yesterday, but as of today they are all gone :crossed: I even have the NTWRK app with my account set up and the discs are nowhere to be seen. I was wanting to grab BTD & NIN

Did these go on sale and sell out already? The announcement said they were going live on the 12th... today is the 11th :facepalm:

Never mind... they took the front page down with all the releases shown, but a quick Goog search got me a direct link

They sold them in a pop up store May 11, it's possible none are  left. 

They are limited to 500.

"High quality picture disc matching album artwork. Edition of 500."

16 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

So where is it, i've refreshed the page 17 times already today :judgingu4:

They haven't launched online yet. 3pm EST / 12pm PST

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

46 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

So where is it, i've refreshed the page 17 times already today :judgingu4:

In the app (on the interscope section) you can see there is a countdown until release. 

BTW, you need the app as far as I know, you probably cannot buy it from the desktop or mobile site. 

1 minute ago, rosemead ramada said:

WOOHOO I GOT ONE

I got a little worried bc it got stuck on a "checking inventory" page for a while but it went through :grinds:

same here! the worst was that imagine, in the end I had to buy it on desktop pc cause the app was not working.