Venice Jesus Whore

Which Lana album would you most like to see as a visual album?

Pretty disappointed that visual albums didn’t become more of a thing after Lemonade was such a success in 2016. It makes sense considering it’s a huge undertaking and really probably doesn’t bring in much extra revenue to the artist, but I really wish more of my favorite artists had embraced this. The Weeknd kinda did it with After Hours, just all in separate videos, how he kept a storyline and character going throughout the entire era. I wish more artists invested this much into a single era, really creating an aesthetic, storyline, concept, and theme throughout all the music, photoshoots, videos, and public appearances.

As far as Lana goes, with how creative and dope the Chemtrails video was and with the lyrics + vibe of Tulsa Jesus Freak, I can’t help but imagine a visual album for Chemtrails. I think the era was such a missed opportunity, which I know was affected by covid and all, but still. I actually have been working on a visual album concept with the Chemtrails video as the foundation for what the rest of the visual album would be shaped around, and I can’t help but get both excited and disappointed at how cool it could’ve been if executed. 

Which Lana album would you most like to see as a visual album?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Honeymoon 100%. But I also think that Norman could've been a really interesting visual album if it was all directed by Rich Lee 

imageproxy.jpg

All:true:

But the most I wanted are Born To Die. Every song has clip. 

In Ultraviolence full movie bout abusive relationship in depression, with full songs and action, dialogues, interludes between songs. 

And NFR as romantic movie and worshiping freedom etc.

Ultraviolence and Honeymoon, hands-down. I don’t even need to explain why, you should just get it! hrhcollection-rokeitup.gif

Edit: Also Lust for Life, I feel like she could do a lot visually, since that record carries such a narrative and sonically, lends itself to archival, b-movie horror soundtracks. 

Chemtrails Over The Country Club & all the visuals shot by BRTHR :true::oprah:

Honeymoon or Ultraviolence definetly since they are her most cohesive work in my opinion , especially Honeymoon :trisha:

But I wouldn't mind NFR too if they all were done in a FILLY/ TG way ( Hope video & DT video can stay ofc)

For BB I could imagine great visuals too :true:

But tbh all of them :trisha:

I hope this thread  will manifest somehow that LDR9 will be a good visual album :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

24 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I’m gonna go in a completely different direction from the rest of the thread and say Violet :crying5:

that would be heaven

also agree re NFR, I could see some sort of Joan didion play it as it lays vibes, or deranged Doris day beach flick

a honeymoon visual in the style of the homemade title track vid would also be a dream

aOaIzH2.gif

i would love to see AKA, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon :trisha: 

maybe not as a musical film but more like a film with a soundtrack released separately, with a few songs appearing in it.

like.. imagine if the Ultraviolence film had Is This Happiness for its prologue scene :oprah4: 

have the camera pan closer to a balcony in the night with Lana and a love interest drinking and taking drugs as ITH plays :defeated:

then the screen goes dark and West Coast starts :trisha: 

lets make a thread where we collectively write a fictional film script for it :hdu: 

Honeymoon would be the film's sequel :trisha:

Just now, The Siren said:

i would love to see AKA, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon :trisha: 

maybe not as a musical film but more like a film with a soundtrack released separately, with a few songs appearing in it.

like.. imagine if the Ultraviolence film had Is This Happiness for its prologue scene :oprah4: 

have the camera pan closer to a balcony in the night with Lana and a love interest drinking and taking drugs as ITH plays :defeated:

then the screen goes dark and West Coast starts :trisha: 

lets make a thread where we collectively write a fictional film script for it :hdu: 

ok but hear me out

ultraviolence and honeymoon double feature it MAKES sense

starts out with cruel world and it goes through all of the deluxe ultraviolence tracks but in an order that ends with the other woman

then we get the transition with flipside

and then we have all the honeymoon tracks up until swan song where it ends

and then we get don't let me be misunderstood & is this happiness during the credits

:true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

ok but hear me out

ultraviolence and honeymoon double feature it MAKES sense

starts out with cruel world and it goes through all of the deluxe ultraviolence tracks but in an order that ends with the other woman

then we get the transition with flipside

and then we have all the honeymoon tracks up until swan song where it ends

and then we get don't let me be misunderstood & is this happiness during the credits

:true:

honestly, id go bankrupt for any configuration of their film(s) :trisha:

4 hours ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I’m gonna go in a completely different direction from the rest of the thread and say Violet :crying5:

No but seriously that would've been really interesting

Maybe that's why Iron Gates is "complicated" because it will be visual? Imagine

When I listen to NFR I have like this entire Studio Ghibli-esque visualisation in my head for each song. If I had infinite time and money I'd love to share it. It's too difficult to explain all of it but for Cinnamon Girl she's sitting in her car in the rain looking at her phone and she gets out and walks down the street and everything reminds her of her boyfriend and she keeps thinking she sees him in cafe windows n stuff and I sound like a boring crackhead now so I shall cease

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I so agree about that idea.

When the posters for the Love music video were being spotted around (with the album still unannounced), I remember believing she was going to release a visual album called Love with a hippie / sci-fi aestethic. How amazing would it have been.

MODZIK_LANA-DEL-REY-LOVE-POSTER-2.jpg

Honeymoon would have been great as it is a really cohesive album but any album would have been great. Her music is very cinematic so it is very fitting for videos.

We got something pretty close with Tropico for Paraside (+ a short film for Ride and video/commercials for both Blue Velvet and Burning Desire).