Elle

Back Online!

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

how do you pay for the ad free again :oprah3:

5 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I didn’t even know you could.

If you’re interested, please DM @admin! It’s only a couple bucks a month :)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

7 hours ago, Elle said:

Hi all, I’m so sorry for the site being offline for so long. A lot of it was just communication with my hosting provider, as they were really slow in getting back to me. Essentially, as we began getting an increase in traffic around Blue Banisters release, I moved us to a larger server, however it was more expensive and I usually auto-bill it monthly to the account that hosts our Adsense funds but at the beginning of the new year I had to pay some of the annual site fees and we didn’t make enough last month in Adsense to have some leftover for hosting and I didn’t realise so they temporarily suspended my account :toofunny:

That being said, please consider whitelisting us if you use Adblock as 100% of the funds go back into hosting the site! We also offer a low-cost ad-free subscription & accept donations. (DM @admin if interested) I’ve also been planning to offer other subscription packages with other perks, but haven’t gotten everything set up for that yet skkk but I’ll work on it!

i also just want to take this time to remind you all that even though this was just a billing issue, THIS COULD BE OUR FATE if illegal links to leaks of copyrighted content are shared on the site! So, if this downtime scared you a bit, just remember it the next time you think about sharing an illegal link. 
Anyway, my apologies again! 
xx

I was terrified I thought I got IP banned or something :trisha: Also, I DMed admin a couple months ago about donating 

giphy.gif 

does our typical unreleased Lana links count as illegal links? Like for songs that are old and not intended for release (what i mean do record companies care as much about older material as they do upcoming and new?)

negAbhB.png

33 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

does our typical unreleased Lana links count as illegal links? Like for songs that are old and not intended for release (what i mean do record companies care as much about older material as they do upcoming and new?)

it's only stuff that's officially released or set for official release, i don't think you'll get banned for sharing a 2009 criminals rule the world link :wink: :omfg2:

WGe8ynS.gif

9 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

By the way, no one should intentionally click on ads, it can get the website owner banned from Google Adsense. Disabling Adblocker is fine.

No hold on, clarification needed. If you see an ad that interests you and want to click on it, by all means go ahead. But the website owner cannot encourage ad clicks. Nor can the website owner promise anything in return for users clicking on ads. It comes down to the website owners intent, not the user clicking the ads. 

Source: Most of my work is to do with AdSense. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

9 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

By the way, no one should intentionally click on ads, it can get the website owner banned from Google Adsense. Disabling Adblocker is fine.

but then... the website... doesn't get... the ad money... so what would the point of adsense be then?

see below:

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

No hold on, clarification needed. If you see an ad that interests you and want to click on it, by all means go ahead. But the website owner cannot encourage ad clicks. Nor can the website owner promise anything in return for users clicking on ads. It comes down to the website owners intent, not the user clicking the ads. 

Source: Most of my work is to do with AdSense. 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Google does all kind of tracking and if the website ad clicks are inorganic (unusually high CTR, instantly closing the ad website after clicking) it's possible to get banned, especially if the website operator suggests you to click it (which isn't the case here).

If the ad is something you are interested in, it's obviously fine to click it. "Intentionally" wasn't precise wording.

27 minutes ago, the ocean said:

but then... the website... doesn't get... the ad money... so what would the point of adsense be then?

Don't worry about that. The web owner still makes money for impressions (although less than clicks). I pay to have an ad free account, so I'm not really sure what kind of ads get published on LB, but if they're ads that you wouldn't want to click on organically, don't. 

But if you actually want to check out the product advertised, definitely click!

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i know that. i was referring to using an adblocker in that comment. still good to know though!

I think they were saying not to use an adblocker...

1 hour ago, Mer said:

Don't worry about that. The web owner still makes money for impressions (although less than clicks). I pay to have an ad free account, so I'm not really sure what kind of ads get published on LB, but if they're ads that you wouldn't want to click on organically, don't. 

But if you actually want to check out the product advertised, definitely click!

a lot of members have reported seeing ads for incest mangas :oic3: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

I think Lana's team has given up long ago on leaks.

I don't think so. Album songs get her in trouble and certain unreleased songs ([removed]) do too.

Edited by admin
removed song name x

giphy.gif