bff

Addison Rae

4 hours ago, 99tears said:

Find it absolutely mad how she hasn't capitalised on the hype of songs like 2 Die 4 going somewhat viral on tik tok and just the gays absolutely devouring leaks like I Got It Bad etc. I know there's speculation (or she said herself somewhere) her manager doesn't support her doing music after Obsessed flopping but she's got a pretty big cult following since then, and where it counts (aka gay fans because we stick to and invest in artists regardless of chart success). Also, it's mega strange to me she recorded so many songs?! Weird to think that someone invested in her working with big producers and writers and studio time to just do nothing with it all... 

this is an absolute reach ma'am :bebe: I'd call artists like, say, Carly Rae Jepsen, to have a big cult following. Addison only has 1 song and it was completely panned so I don't think that would be helpful for that following increase.

that said, I definitely do think she should be given another chance, considering all those songs that surfaced. without the pressure of making albums, she could be a standalone single artist dropping songs every two months and i just know her material would go viral instantly. at least 10 of the bunch are pretty solid. Never Wanna See U Again, I Got It Bad, 2 Die 4, Lucky and U Had It Coming ALL deserve to be for streaming instead of, well, whatever Obsessed was intended to be.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

She should have dropped 2 Die 4 and I Got It Bad as a double single while there was hype around it. It would have been the best way to see if dropping an entire album or even an EP would have been a good idea

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 hour ago, DownhillLullaby said:

so when's I Got It Bad being released?????

cause it should

:duck:

It's not coming no? iirc nothing is happening anymore :bebe: such a shame but hey at least we have an album worth of material from hers!

12 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

It's not coming no? iirc nothing is happening anymore :bebe: such a shame but hey at least we have an album worth of material from hers!

The way that she Is more iconic than ever with her instagrams and tiktoks and still no music :bebe:

also this would be so bad but the fact that there is a chance that there is a Rosalia x Addison Rae collab in the vault got me :angie:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/rising-musicians-2023

how did I miss this!

"In 2021, the queen of TikTok put out the fabulously camp “Obsessed” to mixed reviews. Was it shallow trash, or tongue-in-cheek art? Only the follow-up would truly tell. In 2022, a leaked snippet from an upcoming track “2 Die 4” went viral due to a misheard lyric thought to be praising her “pum pum”. (She actually says “boom boom bass”, disappointingly.) All that aside, the clip from the glittering hyper pop track really is to die for, and her debut EP is set for release this year. Following!"

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

1 hour ago, Jaeden xx said:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/rising-musicians-2023

how did I miss this!

"In 2021, the queen of TikTok put out the fabulously camp “Obsessed” to mixed reviews. Was it shallow trash, or tongue-in-cheek art? Only the follow-up would truly tell. In 2022, a leaked snippet from an upcoming track “2 Die 4” went viral due to a misheard lyric thought to be praising her “pum pum”. (She actually says “boom boom bass”, disappointingly.) All that aside, the clip from the glittering hyper pop track really is to die for, and her debut EP is set for release this year. Following!"

2 Die 4 is not hyperpop tho :coffee: 

But looking forward to a formal release! Some of the leaked tracks are really really good, I wonder which ones would she include or if there's brand new material in it.