maxresdefault.jpg

rootin tootin lana del rey as: the witchy 70s film star space cowboy

From my favorite lyric/song of 2017- Coachella-

Maybe My Contribution

Could be as small as hoping

That words can turn to birds 

and 

Birds would send my thoughts your way

which is the #1 song and #1 lyric of not only this year, but perhaps this decade.

prior to Coachella

the most iconic lyric and the one I always pictured My President, President Obama being the focus was in "American"

Everybody wants to go fast

But they can't compare

I don't really want the rest

only YOU can take me there

I don't even know what I am saying

but I'm Praying for You

You make me crazy You make wild

Just like  a baby, spin me around like a child

Your skin so soft so golden brown

Be young, be dope, be proud

Like an American     

(note- with Like being used in the facebook/comment/youtube meaning of the word like)

@@evalionisameme-

that is also one of the iconic lyrics (in fact Ride/American is the best 1-2 of any album) HOWEVER-

until my dying day, I believe the lyrics should be

I hear the BYRDS on the Summer Breeze (satellite radio show) and a Gram Parsons reference

but either way...

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It's nothing special but I like the lyrics

"But you still can find me,if you ask nicely underneath the pines..with the daisies feeling hazy..."

These paint a nice picture in my head so I see where you're coming from

Reminded me of the BTD storytelling she once was good at

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I think I'll miss you forever

Like the stars miss the sun in the morning skies

These few words are describing a picture so beautifully and I never really thought that the stars always chase the sun and will miss seeing it forever... until Lana said so. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

"No one’s gonna take my soul away,

Living like Jim Morrison.
Headed towards a fucked up holiday.
Motel, sprees, sprees, and I’m singing,
Fuck yeah give it to me, this is heaven, what I truly want
It's innocence lost.
Innocence lost"

"I hear the birds on the summer breeze,

I drive fast, I am alone in midnight
Been tryin' hard not to get into trouble,
But I, I've got a war in my mind
So, I just ride, just ride,
I just ride, just ride"

"I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy

I'm tired of driving 'til I see stars in my eyes
It's all I've got to keep myself sane, baby
So I just ride, I just ride"

This is what I love Paradise  :flutter:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Life doesn't always work out

like you planned it

They say "make lemonade out of lemons"

but I tried

and I just can't understand it

All this trying for no good reason

Man makes plans and God laughs

Why do I even bother to ask?

-----

I feel like these lines are some of the few ones that I can relate to out of Lana's songs. I cried quite a lot having this on repeat a few months ago, last summer. I'm not religious, but those are some beautiful lyrics right there. I can totally relate. They say that you should always trust God for having a plan for you but in this song, it sounds as if god is mocking you with your dumb plans. Or maybe it's supposted to be a good-hearted laugh, like to someone you love. I dunno.

But I don't have a god anyways so.

I'm just tired of trying my best and not getitng "anything" out of it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My favorite lyrics:

Lucky Ones:

Every now and then the stars align. Boy and girl meet by the great design. Could it be that you and me are the lucky ones? Everybody told me love was blind. Then I saw your face and you blew my mind. Finally, you and me are the lucky ones this time.

Brooklyn Baby:

They say I'm too young to love you. They say I'm too dumb to see. They judge me like a picture book. By the colors, like they forgot to read. I think we're like fire and water. I think we're like the wind and sea. You're burning up, I'm cooling down. You're up, I'm down. You're blind, I see. But I'm free. I'm free.

Pretty When You Cry:

All the pretty stars shine for you, my love. Am I that girl that you dream of? All those little times you said that I'm your girl. You make me feel like your whole world.

Terrence Loves You:

I put the radio on, hold you tight in my mind. Isn't strange that you're not here with me. But I know the light's on in the television. Trying to transmit, can you hear me? Ground control to Major Tom. Can you hear me all night long? Ground control to Major Tom

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing:

Is it the end of an era? Is it the end of America? Is it the end of an era? Is it the end of America? No, it's only the beginning. If we hold on to hope. We'll have a happy ending. When the world was at war before. We just kept dancing. When the world was at war before. We just kept dancing.

Heroin:

I'm flying to the moon again Dreaming about marzipan Taking all my medicine To take my thoughts away. I'm getting on that aeroplane. Leaving my old man again. I hope that I come back one day. To tell you that I really changed. Baby.

Change:

Change is a powerful thing. People are powerful beings. Trying to find the power in me to be faithful. Change is a powerful thing. I feel it coming in me. Maybe by the time Summer's done. I will be able. To be honest, capable. Of holding you in my arms without letting you fall. When I don't feel beautiful or stable. Maybe it's enough to just be where we are because every time that we run. We don't know what it's from. Now we finally slow down. We feel close to it. There's a change gonna come. I don't know where or when. But whenever it does. We'll be here for it.

Get Free:

There's no more chasing rainbows. And hoping for an end to them. Their arches are illusions. Solid at first glance. But then you try to touch them. There's nothing to hold on to.. The colors used to lure you in. And put you in a trance.

Her songs are written so beautifully, I love her lyrics. :)

Bel Air's lyrics are one of the main reasons I love the song (also the ethereal sound of the entire song but especially chorus)

Roses, Bel Air, take me there,

I've been waiting to meet you.
Palm trees in the light,
I can see late at night
Darling, I'm waiting to greet you,
Come to me, baby.

Spotlight, bad baby, you've got a flair

For the violentest kind of love anywhere out there
Mon amour, sweet child of mine,
You're divine.
Didn't anyone ever tell you
It's okay to shine?

Don't be afraid of me, don't be ashamed.
Walking away from my soft resurrection.
Idol of roses, iconic soul. I know your name.
Lead me to war with your brilliant direction.

I've ordered them by quality (in my opinion) "worst" to best. The whole bridge has some of her best lyrics :oprah: 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

The power of youth is on my mind

Sunset,small towns I'm out of time

Will you still love me when I shine

From words but not from beauty?

yet still inside I felt alone for reasons unknown to me

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Living without you is like TV in black and white

You turned me on and brought color into my life

When I’m around you suddenly I realize

That I was blind before I saw the world through your eyes

(...)

I'm up a creek and you're my paddle

Where there is you there is my soul
Another dream where I'm the witness
I am the witness to your goal (I don't know if she actually wrote those lyrics but I guess she did)

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

"I've been better lately, ma. and I'm in love with everyone." - Gramma

"Do I look high to you? That's because I am. Do you know what I had to do to get here, man?" - Scarface

"n all my GIIIRRRRLLLLLLFRIIEEENNNDDDSSSS" - Florida Kilos

"you bought me dimebags. felt like we were famous~~" - Back to the Basics

"I promise I'll be back again to show you that I've really changed" - Heroin

Honestly I could list my fav lyrics like all day. The lyrics I posted above are honestly kinda cringey but even Lana's cringiest lyrics are so endearing. I also like any time she references the color gold bc it's my fav :flutter:

These lyrics I have bonded strongly to over the years (and some recently if on LFL). I feel like they clarify my inner thoughts and wonders in my relationship and my own personal growth and journey of understanding of nature. Also, this is my 2000th post so I'm really glad I can sit back and have the time to really contemplate the lyrics that I have fallen in love with from the artist we are all here for.

We are heavy metal lions,

They will never understand

The kind of people you or I am.

Bow your heads and take your hands.

This is a very spiritual connection to me, and how I've struggled to be accepted by the society around me, but how now I know it is not my goal in life to be understood, but only to be at peace with myself.

No one's gonna take my soul away...

No one can force me to be anything I am not. No one can influence me in any way if it is not how I want to be influenced. No one has control over my life force other than me.

Spotlight, bad baby, you've got a flair
For the violentest kind of love anywhere out there.

Don't be afraid of me
Don't be ashamed
Walk in the way of my soft resurrection
Idol of roses, iconic soul
I know your name
Lead me to war with your brilliant direction.

This resonates with my relationship. How I want me and my love to dive completely into each other, with both light and darkness, and how I want to be completely reborn through our energies.

Life is beautiful but you don't have a clue. 

I feel as if I am always the person to show people the peaceful, optimistic side of life, especially with nature.

You're cold as ice, baby

But when you're on ice, baby
It's so amazing in every way
You're cold as ice, baby
I don't wanna fight, baby
It's like I told you If you stay, I'll stay.

Again, specifically about my relationship. We are both stubborn people who can both dive into our own world of pain and and become cold. But we really try as hard as we can to bring each other back into the light.

I think we're like fire and water, I think we're like the wind and sea.

Me and my love are opposites in many ways, but also the same. I feel like we are both the fire and both the water, and both the wind which frees us and both the sea which immerses us.

Even when the storms comesin the eye we'll stay.

We have endured through so much, no external force can shake us anymore.

Blue is the color of the planet from the view above

Long live our reign, long live our love
Green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove
'Til it runs red, runs red with blood

This really speaks to me and my beliefs on how humans can both heal and harm the world. How it is 100% up to us to decide what our priority is for this planet that we rely on.

The rumbling from distant shores sends me to sleep

But the facts of life can sometimes make it hard to dream.

It's hot, hot, something bout this city

Don't now what it is, it makes my head get crazy.

Makes me feel like I can change

All of my evil ways and shit

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it.

The first part applies to me every night, but the second part is basically how I feel in the city word-for-word. I have deep-seating memories about living in the city, my time of depression and hypomania and how just being back here reminds me of all the crazy things I did when going through hypomanic and depressive episodes. I was terrible to myself and I put myself in such danger. I live back in the city again and it's a constant worry that I may end up back in those dark times again.

Every time that we run, we don't know what it's from

Now we finally slow down we feel close to it.

I ran from my responsibilities for so long. I never escape anything until I slow down and face it. This probably applies to everyone in multiple situations. My lessons won't go away until I learn them.

Take the dead out of the sea and the darkness from the arts.

This one just sounds so beautiful to me, but I can also relate it to how I seem to have been recovered from mental illness for a year now, and taking the dead (the harmful memories and thoughts) out of the sea (my head and emotions) has meant that the darkness (my mental illnesses) is no longer a leading factor in my life (the arts)