Carmen

Favourite Lana Lyrics

I don't think lyrics have to be really complicated or profound to be considered "good" .. I mean that varies from person to person anyway and I think when they are combined with Lana's voice+ how she emotes them + production, etc. it just works

Yes! I think even just phrases, like a few words strung together can be better and more effective than whole lines of songs.

for example "Easy rider" in AFFA resonates with me, there's so many more like "heavy metal lions", "prostitute stare", "Velvet crowbar" too.

Even something so simple as "I do what I like... I just don't care" in Disco. The way she says it. Such a poet  :defeated:

Yes exactly! But I didn't wanna just write "prostitute stare", "heroin fiend", "midnight answer", "I'm bereaved by you"...:defeated: Didn't seem to fit the question :defeated:

"Stefani, you suck, I know you’re selling twenty million

Wish they could have seen you when we booed you off in Williamsburg" :defeated:

:legend: :legend: :legend: :legend: :legend:

"Stefani, you suck, I know you’re selling twenty million

Wish they could have seen you when we booed you off in Williamsburg" :defeated:

:legend: :legend: :legend: :legend: :legend:

The praise :angie: Fan song in disguise. Lady Gaga Husband.

This isn't exactly contributing to the thread, but has anyone else ever noticed that once you started listening to Lana, any other artist you used to listen to or now hear has really "inferior" lyrics? Maybe that's just me. 

take another drag turn me to ashes 

its nice to love and be loved but its better 

to know what god knows 

jerry says that anytime i think i have a good idea

that i should do the opposite of what it is i feel 

and thats because i have a bad mind

and i have gold in my veins

but he says i got the purest heart

that he's ever seen 

what god give me a brain for 

if he won't let me use it

what god give me a plan for

he never helps me do it 

you're gonna love me 

i'm gonna make you 

she prays the rosary for my broken mind 

baby, i have become someone 

not of this world 

you got the world, but baby at what price

something so strange, so hard to define 

its a love story for the new age, for the six page

want a quick, sick rampage?

wining and dining, drinking and driving

excessive buying, overdose and dying

on our drugs and our love and our dreams and our rage 

blurring the lines between real and the fake 

my pussy tastes like pepsi cola 

ZRBNill.jpg

This isn't exactly contributing to the thread, but has anyone else ever noticed that once you started listening to Lana, any other artist you used to listen to or now hear has really "inferior" lyrics? Maybe that's just me. 

I think you can only feel like that when you forget about songs like delicious or summer of Sam :teehee:

But yeah I see where you are coming from, her released material is so pretty and eloquent.

I think you can only feel like that when you forget about songs like delicious or summer of Sam :teehee:

But yeah I see where you are coming from, her released material is so pretty and eloquent.

*ignores Delicious* hey, SoS isn't bad lyrically :omfg2:

*ignores Delicious* hey, SoS isn't bad lyrically :omfg2:

I think it's mediocre only because of the

"I am the baddest girl in NYC

You can look but please don't touch boy

Stay away from me"

parts. Like, the bad girl card is such a cliche. But other than that the other lyrics are real nice :smile2:

"Life is death when blow is life."

"Sometimes I get lonely, millions can hold me now."

"When I was sleeping without you, haunted by the baddest dreams; At last, you're beside me, I have you smiling in your sleep, pillow talk to me."

" Sun will rise, I'm a supernova; I walk on water and I dance like Joplin. When the night descends, I dive into the waves again."

"Are you gonna be my lover, are we gonna be true love suicide? It's either live or die, boy."

X----into me, into you----X

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

TrailerParkDarling, on 24 Jul 2013 - 5:19 PM, said:snapback.png

I don't think lyrics have to be really complicated or profound to be considered "good" .. I mean that varies from person to person anyway and I think when they are combined with Lana's voice+ how she emotes them + production, etc. it just works

Trash Magic, on 24 Jul 2013 - 5:56 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes! I think even just phrases, like a few words strung together can be better and more effective than whole lines of songs.

for example "Easy rider" in AFFA resonates with me, there's so many more like "heavy metal lions", "prostitute stare", "Velvet crowbar" too.

Even something so simple as "I do what I like... I just don't care" in Disco. The way she says it. Such a poet   :defeated:

Yes exactly! But I didn't wanna just write "prostitute stare", "heroin fiend", "midnight answer", "I'm bereaved by you"... :defeated: Didn't seem to fit the question :defeated:

All of this! I think there are eloquent ways of saying things in a very personal way, that become poetic in that context. I love that Lana's lyrics paint a singular world of her own: they reflect her unique experiences, her interpretations of what she's lived and fantasized, her re-creation of her reality, as well as her dreams and desires, often paying homage to the artistic and thematic influences that colored her subjectivity. Her initial detractors never could have predicted that this slightly strange, uncommon, shamelessly personal  - and,  on the surface, unrelatable - perspective would appeal to the general public. I guess it's as Tolstoi once said: "Describe your village and you will be universal." :)

Most of my favorite lyrics have been mentioned, but I didn't see this line: "Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough, I don't know why." Simple but very real!

"Hello Heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights on a dark night" 

"The voice of Nirvana says come as you are, and I will"

"Make it fun, don't trust anyone"

"Heaven is a place on Earth with you"

"Everything is fine, but I wish I was dead"

"No one lives forever, but that's no reason to give up"

"Don't you know that I have really never loved nobody, but you?" ...and so on

"HEAVEN IS MY BABY SUICIDES HER FATHER"

"It's the voodoo, Mississippi south

69 million stars

Birds are flying out of my mouth

Spirits creeping in my yard"

"Scowling like the sunshine over Sarasota

Happy like a twister over Oklahoma"

"Got my bad baby by my heavenly side" (and the rest of summertime sadness)

"Red, white, blues in the sky, summer's in the air and baby heaven's in your eyes."

"Keep out the stars, turn out the lights, this little world is yours tonight"

"In the light, you're sickeningly beautiful"

"I am my only God"

"You're screwed up and brilliant, look like a million dollar man, so why is my heart broke?"

Um and all of off to the races and trash and carmen and tired of singing the blues and pawn shop blues and pretty much all her other songs too ok bye