Elle

"Prettiest Girl in Country Music"

I’m honestly in love with this sound. Most mainstream artists attempting country just release pop songs dressed with a country twang, but this feels so true to the genre. 

The harmonies are gorgeous, and the way they move with the melody makes them feel older and almost showtunes-y.

I would love to hear this song with old, vintage mics, prominent guitars, a harmonica, and that grainy, almost crackling quality characteristic of music in the 1940-1960s. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I'd rather be the real damn thing than the prettiest girl in country music. There's no end to her ability to just write epic one liners. And the story of the song continues proving she has this innate ability to build such great lyrics from things she hears people say. Like when she said the Dennis's last stop before Kokomo line was literally a boyfriend telling her the bar they were in was the last place Dennis Wilson stopped in at before his death. :gclap:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I really like this. If this is the direction Lana would be going down for a country project, I'm here for it 

imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, Distantly said:

This sounds so good and like a classic song that can interest many generations. I hope it gets a proper release at some point. It sounds fantastic 

Lana is such a good singer/songwriter I feel if she did a Nikki collab album and actually marketed it as country music she could find an entirely new audience.

OMGGGGGG  this is like the most beautiful thing right now

now I even have less understanding on the Nikki hate, like do you hear her singing????? 

I'm melting

I had high expectations because of everyone's comments but tbh Nikki just drowns her out and I can't even hear her

It just sounds like Nikki with Lana as backing vocals rather than a true duet

I guess a studio version might be better, though 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream