Sign in to follow this  
SalvaWHORE

IU

I'm shook that we did not have a thread for the princess of Kpop - the one & only Korean's National Sweetheart yet. So imma make one for my kween unee.

IU 

Birth name: Lee Ji-eun

Birthday: May 16th, 1993

IU 5th Album LILAC - Celebrity Photos & Videos - OneHallyu

Biography: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IU_(singer)

(to be updated)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

oooh i've wanted to get into her music for awhile

i've heard and liked a few of her songs (i think i've heard celebrity, coin, blueming, bbibbi and i think through the night)

anything you recommend?

Literally go listen to her 3rd studio album "Modern Times" & her EP "CHAT-SHIRE" sis

These are her magnum opus for real. Especially "Modern Times", i think this one proved she's no bitch to fuck with when it comes to solo female singer/songwriter in Kpop.

Actually,im going to update the welcome post of the thread later (later) xx

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

SHE SERVES 

SONGWRITING PRODUCTION VISUAL. We stan a triple threat queen.

i haven't finished the album yet but i'm literally itching to talk about it :excited:

modern times is one of the best fucking albums i've heard in a long time

i was lowkey caught off guard by the complete dive backflips and all into the jazz / bossa nova / big band sound but it works SO well?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

20 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i haven't finished the album yet but i'm literally itching to talk about it :excited:

modern times is one of the best fucking albums i've heard in a long time

i was lowkey caught off guard by the complete dive backflips and all into the jazz / bossa nova / big band sound but it works SO well?

Dont be shook until you get to listen to CHAT-SHIRE. 

wait y'all really dont listen to her? REALLY?

8 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

wait y'all really dont listen to her? REALLY?

i didn't listen to her before (although i heard of her) but after listening to godern times i'm so perked (i'm really busy and i wanna have time to really enjoy new stuff if i'm listening if you know)

4 hours ago, the ocean said:

i didn't listen to her before (although i heard of her) but after listening to godern times i'm so perked (i'm really busy and i wanna have time to really enjoy new stuff if i'm listening if you know)

good, now u should go for "CHAT-SHIRE" it's an instant classic im telling u :fabcat:

cant believe there aren’t any threads for k-pop artists (except for iu now) on here in general? like where’s a thread for loona

btw i’m listening to modern times rn and it’s easily one of the best kpop albums i’ve ever heard

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif

so i looked through her singles + title tracks and this seems like a good greatest hits/"the singles" compilation :makeup2:

1. Lost Child

2. Nagging (Jansori)

3. Rain Drop

4. Good Day

5. Only I Didn't Know

6. Last Fantasy

7. Peach

8. Every End of the Day

9. The Red Shoes

10. Friday

11. Heart

12. Twenty-Three

13. Through The Night

14. Palette

15. BBIBBI

16. Love Poem

17. Blueming

18. Eight

19. Celebrity

20. Lilac

21. Coin

22. Winter Sleep

Spoiler

the first six tracks were picked from her Japanese mini-album as the general overview of her first 3-ish years with the more cutsey image

then starting from 2012 onward i just picked every title track + droplet single that wasn't related to a soundtrack or some campaign

didn't include anything from the covers albums or the special mini-albums EXCEPT pieces just because most compilations include that one new track and i think winter sleep works as the "new track"

i also didn't include strawberry moon just in case if it gets included on a new album and the rest of that album's singles don't get included :bebe:

@Whore of Tropico tell me if my research skills did a good job or if i flopped on this :bebe:

On 2/22/2022 at 1:57 AM, the ocean said:

so i looked through her singles + title tracks and this seems like a good greatest hits/"the singles" compilation :makeup2:

1. Lost Child

2. Nagging (Jansori)

3. Rain Drop

4. Good Day

5. Only I Didn't Know

6. Last Fantasy

7. Peach

8. Every End of the Day

9. The Red Shoes

10. Friday

11. Heart

12. Twenty-Three

13. Through The Night

14. Palette

15. BBIBBI

16. Love Poem

17. Blueming

18. Eight

19. Celebrity

20. Lilac

21. Coin

22. Winter Sleep

Hide contents

the first six tracks were picked from her Japanese mini-album as the general overview of her first 3-ish years with the more cutsey image

then starting from 2012 onward i just picked every title track + droplet single that wasn't related to a soundtrack or some campaign

didn't include anything from the covers albums or the special mini-albums EXCEPT pieces just because most compilations include that one new track and i think winter sleep works as the "new track"

i also didn't include strawberry moon just in case if it gets included on a new album and the rest of that album's singles don't get included :bebe:

@Whore of Tropico tell me if my research skills did a good job or if i flopped on this :bebe:

yassss honey.

By the way, CHAT-SHIRE is her most controversial era (similar to Lana Del Rey's Born to Die due to something like "Lolita" stuff lol)

6 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

she also ripped off queen britney, that's a no no for me 

i think she herself issued an apology back then for not clearly checking the sources of the samples. I think things were sorted out back then. I personally don't think that she ripped off anything from Britney, it's just she sampled Gimme More without knowing it's Britney's, and both of the songs sounds really different sonically & conteptually.

But anyway, it's just a bonus track for the EP, regardless it's still one of her best work, just check it out, you wont regret it babe.

4 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i think she herself issued an apology back then for not clearly checking the sources of the samples. I think things were sorted out back then. I personally don't think that she ripped off anything from Britney, it's just she sampled Gimme More without knowing it's Britney's, and both of the songs sounds really different sonically & conteptually.

But anyway, it's just a bonus track for the EP, regardless it's still one of her best work, just check it out, you wont regret it babe.

i have checked it out. i don't know if i like it to be honest. that entire britney fiasco kind of turned me off. the fact that she's always prided herself on being a singer songwriter and to fuck up that bad (that whine from gimme more is the exact same stem. it's not even sampled, it's literally britney's voice.) was a bit annoying to me, i don't know. the depiction of the zeze kid on the album cover wearing those fishnets and posing suggestively was also too much for me. you do you though. 

4 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i have checked it out. i don't know if i like it to be honest. that entire britney fiasco kind of turned me off. the fact that she's always prided herself on being a singer songwriter and to fuck up that bad (that whine from gimme more is the exact same stem. it's not even sampled, it's literally britney's voice.) was a bit annoying to me, i don't know. the depiction of the zeze kid on the album cover wearing those fishnets and posing suggestively was also too much for me. you do you though. 

yep. I understand if you hate this era, like i said, it was really controversial back then. 

But that scandalous incident did not take away the fact that she is one of the best K-pop songwriters these days. She has showcased that in various of her works in the last 10 years.

But besides CHAT-SHIRE, 'Modern Times" - her 3rd album is another magnum opus from her, it's a whole different vibe, i think that was her showing her best songwriting/artistry. You should check it out. It's a great album i have to say, i think you will really enjoy it.

35 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

But besides CHAT-SHIRE, 'Modern Times" - her 3rd album is another magnum opus from her, it's a whole different vibe, i think that was her showing her best songwriting/artistry. You should check it out. It's a great album i have to say, i think you will really enjoy it.

i can testify that modern times is an EXCELLENT album - it's really jazzy

also i still need to listen to chat-shire dddd

lilac is a really strong album though

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i can testify that modern times is an EXCELLENT album - it's really jazzy

also i still need to listen to chat-shire dddd

lilac is a really strong album though

I LOVE LILAC as well.

Epilogue is one of her peak i'm not joking