Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

8 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

perfect album. who could ever forget their first time listening to that godly string opening, followed by that sick beat, and then her voice singing "feet don't fail me now..." ... literally pop perfection.

for the longest time, i thought the lyrics were 

“faith don’t fail me now…”

negAbhB.png

Even though it's the album I revisit the least it's definitely the one that changed my musical taste forever. Without this album I would have never fallen in love with artists such as Weyes Blood, Father John Misty or Billie. She changed my perspective with this record and for that I'll forever be grateful. Also it's her best era imo. The visuals, the pictures, the boxset, the ep/movie and the SNL performance (:twirls:)- everything about this release is iconic. I just played the record and was enjoying it like I haven't in years.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I'm screaming, crying, shaking, throwing up. This is such an old and cute video, her golden hair and her little words :wub::cryney2:

You guys should also check out this video of Lana singing Off To The Races before it was released, such a different style 

Spoiler

Someone in the comments says

"When I finally get the album this will be the very first song I'm going to listen to. I am going to crank it up so loud it's gonna take police to get me to turn it down."

10 years of Lana Del Rey :oprah:

Here is she singing Blue Jeans with the homemade video intro :oprah:

Spoiler

And if you were there back on the internet in 2012 you'll remember this iconic Lana Del Rey moment in the form of a gif

"I really hate encores, but listen i really haven't done this song live but my sets are so fucking short, but i wanna make them longer, so. i'm just gonna try it, if you judge me, i'll kill you"

Spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

this is the album that made me a stan. ill never forget obsessing over summertime sadness when i first heard it over the radio. eventually i looked into her other songs & got hooked. even tho i don't listen to it as much any more, it's such a staple in her career. its even my dad's fave lana album. :makeup:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

everyone jokes about how you build your personality around this when you’re 12 but it’s literally true. idk but it gave me confidence when i discovered it and it’s just sooo timeless like it will live on forever in the vein of Rumours etc :oprah3:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I was 16 when BTD was released but, like I've mentioned before, I didn't listen to it until I was like 17 and a few months later, I'd turn 18. Things were so different 10 years ago, people sold smartphones with like flappy bird installed. .___.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i first heard video games on the radio in a psychiatric clinic, in a smoking room. that's where my love for her music started.  so this album will always have a special place in my heart because i was in a crisis when i heard her music for the first time. 

I just love all of BtD's songs but Dark Paradise is my favorite.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I’d like to say this was the album that made me a stan, truth is I was already one as soon as I heard Video Games and Blue Jeans late 2011. Then I discovered her unreleased (Kinda Outta Luck and YCBTB) and I was HOOKED way before the album dropped.

She put a spell on me and I’ve never recovered since… I’ve never loved an artist with this passion and for such a long time, after all these years she’s still The One to me ♥️

Happy 10th birthday, BTD :typewriter:

Lanarat.png

I can remember like it was yesterday how i watched Born to die movie and was like “ok she is pretty but meh” and then that song haunted me in the most beautiful way I had to go back to it everyday multiple times, since that moment i never stoped listening to her, she is really one of a kind, and that was 10 years ago, happy birthday born to die:wub:

original.gif

1 hour ago, WhiteHydrangea said:

You guys should also check out this video of Lana singing Off To The Races before it was released, such a different style 

Reveal hidden contents

her struggling with the lower notes it's so cute lol and the way she screams raCES plaCES
i know people are missing her lower octaves but i think her more angelical vocals are the ones she's always been the most comfortable with

Congrats baby. I really can’t believe it’s been 10 years since Born to Die came out and almost 10 years since I joined the forum. I remember this era like it was yesterday. I was 16. It was a really transformative time of my life. 

Video Games hooked me so hard, and to think, I didn’t like Born to Die (the song) on the first few listens. Glad I pulled my head out my ass. 

8 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

her struggling with the lower notes it's so cute lol and the way she screams raCES plaCES
i know people are missing her lower octaves but i think her more angelical vocals are the ones she's always been the most comfortable with

This is why so many of my favorite BTD album performances are the ones that are from the last 6 years or so. She sounds so comfortable in her higher register and I love hearing her sing the songs from BTD in that space since most of them were originally recorded and performed outside of it 

imageproxy.jpg