Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

My most treasured possession is my Born to Die CD that Lana signed for me. It’s the one thing I would save if I was ever in a house fire or something.

The CD was given to me by my best friend, who actually at the time I wasn’t even on good terms with. Some friends and I were planning a holiday party with a Secret Santa gift exchange, and she drew my name. By the time the party came, we were in this huge fight over nothing so she didn’t even attend, but still made the effort to buy me the Target edition of Born to Die and hand it off to another friend to bring to me.

Then, 3 and a half years later when I saw Lana in London, she came down straight to me after finishing her final song, had a chat & gave me a hug, and then I asked her if she would sign the booklet for me. She had a pink sharpie and asked, “is it okay if I sign in pink?” I told her pink was my favourite and it would be an honour! So, she signed it addressed to me, and it was the most special moment ever. Right afterwards, I snapped a photo of it and sent it to my best friend (whom I had made up with a few months after the holiday party years back) and told her the good news! We still talk about it to this day, and how it was probably destiny that she gifted me the CD, albeit begrudgingly at the time, only for it be signed by Lana herself a couple years later. Funny how some things just work out xx

51846474631_315315db3f.jpg51846474741_f73c711ab0.jpg51846797664_273a4d7a70.jpg

(A screencap of a video the girl standing next to me took while Lana was signing my booklet! During this clip she was telling me, "I'm so happy you are here, you're so cute!" I died.)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Clampigirl said:

@Elle Was this at Brixton, because I’m still sad we were so close but didn’t get to say hi. :defeated:

Omg yes it was!! I remember that you were there, but didn't get the chance to find each other after the show to say hello. Fingers crossed that there will be another opportunity for us to be at a Lana show together again in the future.. imagine how iconic a mod meetup would be xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

Omg yes it was!! I remember that you were there, but didn't get the chance to find each other after the show to say hello. Fingers crossed that there will be another opportunity for us to be at a Lana show together again in the future.. imagine how iconic a mod meetup would be xx

Just need this freaking pandemic to end so Lana will book festivals tour dates again :xcry: 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

9 minutes ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

Oh girl… 10 years… I was so desperately alone and this fucking album came… I can’t believe I’m still alive, what a 🎢, what a piece of art. Swimming pools and Pabst blue ribbon in the summertime hit different now that Lana exist. 
:brows:

Girl i want an update on your life after 10 years.. genuinely how are you ? I wish you don't feel alone anymore 

12 minutes ago, Elle said:

My most treasured possession is my Born to Die CD that Lana signed for me. It’s the one thing I would save if I was ever in a house fire or something.

The CD was given to me by my best friend, who actually at the time I wasn’t even on good terms with. Some friends and I were planning a holiday party with a Secret Santa gift exchange, and she drew my name. By the time the party came, we were in this huge fight over nothing so she didn’t even attend, but still made the effort to buy me the Target edition of Born to Die and hand it off to another friend to bring to me.

Then, 3 and a half years later when I saw Lana in London, she came down straight to me after finishing her final song, had a chat & gave me a hug, and then I asked her if she would sign the booklet for me. She had a pink sharpie and asked, “is it okay if I sign in pink?” I told her pink was my favourite and it would be an honour! So, she signed it addressed to me, and it was the most special moment ever. Right afterwards, I snapped a photo of it and sent it to my best friend (whom I had made up with a few months after the holiday party years back) and told her the good news! We still talk about it to this day, and how it was probably destiny that she gifted me the CD, albeit begrudgingly at the time, only for it be signed by Lana herself a couple years later. Funny how some things just work out xx

(A screencap of a video the girl standing next to me took while Lana was signing my booklet! During this clip she was telling me, "I'm so happy you are here, you're so cute!" I died.)

Do u mind telling us about ur other interactions with Lana? I would like to know ur interaction in 2019 bc i see ur profile pic seems to be from that year

I was thinking of getting BTD for months but I couldn't decide which album to get out of my top 3 atm with a budget od 20€. If those Brits on Ebay had cheap international shipping I would be able to get at least two for 20€. I decided to wait for the anniversary to at least grab a non existing anniversary editions. It's so disappointing that she didn't do anything to mark the anniversary of an album that changed her life and made her dream come true. Seems lazy and unthankful :wowcry:...

Hopefully she gets her ass to some music festival in Hungary since I have zero expectations of her going more south so I can have her sign albums that I would have bought by that time lmao. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

I was 15 and I just can’t even express how special BTD is to me. 

I’ll never ever forget randomly seeing the video games mv at like 4am on MTV. 
Her face, her outfits, her voice & the lyrics and the production… the visuals!! I think my jaw literally dropped and I immediately needed to know everything about her and learn every song. 

for 10 years straight I’ve been telling everyone I know how amazing her music is.
Anyone who follows me online or has met me knows I love her so much and honestly I think I’ve gotten all of them to appreciate how special her art is even if it’s not their thing lol. 

love reading all your stories because I can find something I also experienced in each of them 💙

over the past ten years I’ve struggled with addiction and a ton of grief from loved ones passing away… I’m sooo thankful to have this space as a distraction and of course for Lana continuing to give us amazing music even though she could have stopped after BTD and would have been just as iconic. 

24 minutes ago, Elle said:

This is so precious :kiss:

original.gif

I first heard Born to Die when I was sitting on my bed with a current (terrible) boyfriend and I came across the video on Youtube. I was instantaneously obsessed with it. It was the end of 2011. I was a junior in high school. I showed my parents the song and my dad was already familiar with Lana because he had heard Video Games on his radio station and loved it. I have a very deep love for my dad so this made me so happy. From ages 13-18 I had a hard time socially. I didn't know who I was, or how to act, or how to fit in. By the time I was a junior/senior in high school I felt very tortured mentally and emotionally. Everyone in school had close relationships and I didn't have that nor did I know how to form those bonds with people. Lana's music was something I could escape to because I didn't have anyone. I still remember listening to the album for the first time the day it was released in the US. I had a long bus ride to my high school so I got to listen to most of it and I loved it. She is the only artist I have been faithfully devoted to since 2011.

Her music has shaped me, comforted me, saddened me, and raised me up from dark emotions. I'll be 27 this year and it has been nice to think about how far I have come in a decade when I look back to my younger self who was so desperately sad. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I have a lot of thoughts, but not enough words to describe this historic album. All I can say is that I'm thankful towards Born to DIe for being the catalyst that it was. For changing the landscape of music and propelling Lana further into her artistry. Truthfully, I don't know where I'd be without it. 💙

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

10 years. What a ride. A joyride.

This is the project that defines the pop music at its peak, it's just all i can say. Born to Die is not just a common 'masterpiece', it was the ticket for all of us, who are privileged enough to enter the LDR universe.

Words cannot say it all. Happy birthday darling Born to Die. Thank you for letting us meet Lana Del Rey - the artist of the generation.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, trailerparkdream said:

Remember the Snapchat flower crown filter?? 

That was deff because of BTD & UV 😭

let's not forget the filter for "love" :dua: 

the classic snapchat filters... that takes me back :heidi: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

i will forever cherish my freshman junior highschool days with Born to Die for showing me how to take a walk on the wildside & walk the streets so mean.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

My story how I found out about Lana was a little embarrassing. 

I was 12-13ish. I was into childish music, flashy, over the top, kinda normal for my age. Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday and Selena Gomez - Stars Dance was my religion. I firstly found out about Blue Jeans when a contestant of a singing competition was singing the song. I hated Lana's voice at first because I thought it wad very nasaly :bye:. Soon after I feel in love with the song. I didn't like VG tho, neither am I a big fan of it today. As for BTD, Young and Beautiful and Summertime Sadness. I listened to REMIXES of them :godlaugh2:. The original versions were too "boring" for my pop fanatic, trap, dubstep, house music taste. I always loved her aesthetic, always always. I remember every "cool" 12-16 year old on Facebook would have Lana's edgy tumblr pics as a cover photo or posted regularly along with GG quotes. I was like "God, I want to look like that when I grow up". Fast forward, people tell my that my style and energy reminds them of Lana in UV era :slowhairflip:

When West Coast was released I came to my senses and realized that my music taste was trash. :cryney2:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

let's not forget the filter for "love" :dua: 

the classic snapchat filters... that takes me back :heidi: 

omg memory unlocked!! take me back :krylie:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy