Without You

Summertime Sadness 

Born to Die

Blue Jeans

Million Dollar Man 

Off to the races

National Anthem 

kinda in particualr order

One of the most influential albums of the century. I truly unironically believe people will look at this album 50 years from now as a major turning point in pop music the same way we do now for bands like The Beatles. 

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

6 minutes ago, The Siren said:

:oop2:

the fact that taylor is one of the world's most famous & popular artists & she's clearly been influenced by lana del rey... lana deserves all of her flowers & even more, she literally invented the modern music industry & yet, nobody could ever do it like her! :oop2:

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I really want to hear what @Trash Magic has to say about today’s special occasion. He always has the best things to say about these early days and makes really astute observations about that time. :flutter:

That’s kind of you :poordat:

@lmdr and I recently talked about how we remember the music video for Summertime Sadness and National Anthem coming so close back to back 😲

Looking back it’s beyond remarkable how Born To Die, Blue Jeans, National Anthem and Ride were all released within 12 months of each other. Those videos, ugh. So extraordinary and such a streak, I don’t think there’s been anything like it before and certainly not since.

I’m not feeling too nostalgic about the 10 years to be honest because to me Lana is still as vital as ever, I have even more respect for her now and I’m so much more in love with my life today than I was when this album was released, plus she has released even better albums since in my opinion.

So the one thing that really stands out to me from this era is the quick succession of super stylish, epic, ambitious, bar-raising videos. That will never not be such a mind spinning feat. 

I did write this for a post on @lanavault instagram

When you so steadfastly walk your own path it can take a long time for people to catch up. They might even try to assassinate your character and discredit your artistry in the process. But “what’s real can’t die”.

Lana arrived with Born To Die, a fully realised, widescreen vision “honoring love lost”, 10 years ago today. A total disruptor of an album exploring the glamour in the sordid and finding the grandeur in the banal. Part-reality-part-dramatisation and entirely urgent.

Thank you for always cutting through the noise and having the conviction to follow through on whatever feels right—even when it’s the harder thing to do.

For endlessly working to get to the core of yourself through your art, having the courage to share it with the world and teaching us something about ourselves in the process.

You’re a guiding light to so many and our lives are better for you having touched them @honeymoon 🌹

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Does anyone remember when she uploaded the Born to Die tracklist on the facebook notes section in 2011 that had Hundred Dollar Bill on the tracklist & Dark Paradise as a bonus track??? Or is this a fantasy i created for myself? :toofloppy:

I STILL NEED HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL TO LEAK IN HQ and don’t send me one of those poorly upscaled edits :crai: 

14417469274.gif

I’ve been going back and forth on whether I want to post about BTD, so I figure I will before I get sleepy lol

When I first heard BTD, it felt less like a record and more like a little pocket of fantasy I could retreat to for a few years. 

I love that she plunges the listener into this headspace of walking drunkenly through a dark but fantastical realm of Americana. The overwhelming sense of freedom in the record ties perfectly into the themes of youth, and I think this also allows her to expertly convey feelings of jarring, existential loneliness and mind-blurring hedonism as well. It’s incredibly thoughtful in subtle ways while also undeniably cinematic in its presentation. 

She achieved novelty with a record dressed in nostalgia. Not only that, but she managed to deliver these nearly unimaginable worlds in a way that millions could find a connection to. That is a feat in of itself. Happy 10 Years:party:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

41 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

I love how she's going to ignore the anniversary............. :crying3:

The boob post was her post for the anniversary :oic2:

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Trash Magic said:

When you so steadfastly walk your own path it can take a long time for people to catch up. They might even try to assassinate your character and discredit your artistry in the process. But “what’s real can’t die”.

Lana arrived with Born To Die, a fully realised, widescreen vision “honoring love lost”, 10 years ago today. A total disruptor of an album exploring the glamour in the sordid and finding the grandeur in the banal. Part-reality-part-dramatisation and entirely urgent.

Thank you for always cutting through the noise and having the conviction to follow through on whatever feels right—even when it’s the harder thing to do.

For endlessly working to get to the core of yourself through your art, having the courage to share it with the world and teaching us something about ourselves in the process.

You’re a guiding light to so many and our lives are better for you having touched them @honeymoon 🌹

Wow this is so beautiful! :xcry: