Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

So... 

no special 10th anniversary at any sort :pout:

Really? Lana?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

47 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

So... 

no special 10th anniversary at any sort :pout:

Really? Lana?

Gaga's reissues of BTW were announced later + Lana's french store sent this email

'On this occasion, there will be several cool surprises coming in the next days...

but to thank you for your loyalty, we wanted to tell you before everyone else!'

i'm still manifesting new vinyls and cassettes :legend:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

4 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Yeah I don’t get it. BTD is one of the most successful vinyl records of the last 10 years. Why wouldn’t they want to do some sort of reissue at least?

Lbr she didn't notice until day before or day of and was like PH SHI- and then started planning a reissue :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

@Elle that re-uploads Ajayii's reaction channel is your account or it's coincidence? 

I don't think it's her 

9 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

For The Record: Why Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die' Is One Of Pop's Most Influential Albums In The Past Decade

The sound and aesthetic of 'Born To Die,' released in January 2012, created a blueprint for numerous artists and cultural movements during the 2010s — and beyond

[...] The truth that Del Rey unveiled has pervaded throughout pop in the decade since. It's hard to imagine something like Lorde's intimately vulnerable Melodrama or the divorce-inspired tales of Kacey Musgraves' star-crossed or Adele's 30 resonating quite as deeply without Born To Die coming first. 

[...] Born To Die also ushered in plenty of cultural influence, too. As Tumblr sees a resurgence, so does the sad-girl persona that is "Tumblr Girl," largely a mirror of Lana Del Rey's aesthetic. In fashion, flowing dresses, frilled jackets and flower crowns (which are now festival staples) can all be traced back to Born To Die's single art and music videos.

[...] As she charted a path for something different, she also cemented herself as a critically and culturally adored pop star. Born To Die didn't just introduce the world to Lana Del Rey — it allowed her to mold it for years to come.

:legend:

now give her a Grammy!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I feel like the grammys will always use her name for some sort of bizarre clout and will never give her an award <3 

hope they'll prove me wrong tho I know an award doesn't mean anything but I still want her to win

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I feel like the grammys will always use her name for some sort of bizarre clout and will never give her an award <3 

hope they'll prove me wrong tho I know an award doesn't mean anything but I still want her to win

they do that with a lot of artists - i know björk has been nominated almost every time she’s released something and has gotten nothing so :eek:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

they do that with a lot of artists - i know björk has been nominated almost every time she’s released something and has gotten nothing so :eek:

exactly 

the audacity blows my mind

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

some of the ppl who worked with her for BTD posted:

pammy cochrane: 

Spoiler

anna cofone:

Spoiler

emile:

Spoiler

robopop:

Spoiler

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I think that Lana's one of those people that tends to be focused on what they're doing rather than what they did. The only time I know of her acknowledging an album anniversary was BTD and I think Honeymoon in 2016 (there might have been more, I honestly just don't have a great memory lol), and she really only discusses her past album processes and releases when she's asked about them. Of course she still performs past songs and likes them, but throughout her career, I've noticed that she's always onto the next thing. 

imageproxy.jpg