Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

6 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

@Elle that re-uploads Ajayii's reaction channel is your account or it's coincidence? 

An imposter :wat:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

"Lana’s music did not just reflect the desire to numb oneself, it also offered a dreamscape for the era’s disaffected youth: drawn in by its monochrome shades of beauty, the nostalgia for an America that no longer existed (if it ever did), the siren allure of total submission to a lover, maybe even death."

I like that summary a lot.

Also:

JzRupN5.png

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

16 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

"Lana’s music did not just reflect the desire to numb oneself, it also offered a dreamscape for the era’s disaffected youth: drawn in by its monochrome shades of beauty, the nostalgia for an America that no longer existed (if it ever did), the siren allure of total submission to a lover, maybe even death."

Also:

JzRupN5.png

same!!!

lmao the tags I love it

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

10 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

So... 

no special 10th anniversary at any sort :pout:

Really? Lana?

Maybe she feels like Watercolor Eyes did that? :um2: It’s really in the same sadcore spirit of BTD (even though the production is nowhere near BTD)

21 hours ago, Elle said:

Sure! That technically wasn't my first interaction, as I'd say that was back in 2015. I saw Lana in Atlanta with said best friend mentioned above, and I had made Lana a little photobook with pictures that showed my journey with her up until that point - photos I had taken at previous shows, photos from the Ultraviolence release party I hosted, and other little Lana memories. Right when she walked on stage, she headed straight to me as I was waving the book out, and bent down and asked, "Is that for me?" I was in such shock as she hadn't even been on the stage for a full 30 seconds, so all I could really do was nod my head and say, "Yes!" and hand it to her. She looked at the cover, smiled, showed it to the audience, and then headed to the mic to begin singing Cruel World.

I think though, I have a stagehand to thank for that. A couple weeks before that show in Atlanta, my bestie and I saw her in Indiana too and as we were waiting at barricade, we noticed a stagehand eating ice cream. My friend yelled to him jokingly asking if she could have a bite, and he pointed a finger at her, disappeared for a minute, and came back with a bag of chocolates and gave us some. We talked for a bit before he went off to continue setting up. Then at the Atlanta show, we saw him again, eating another ice cream while setting up! We yelled at him again, he looked our way and his jaw dropped, and then disappeared to come back and give us more chocolates. He seemed pretty surprised to see us again and asked us where we were actually from, so we told him we actually lived there in Atlanta, but we travel to see other shows. I then told him about the photo book I made that I was planning to give to Lana that had some of the photos from other shows I had been to inside, including the Indiana one. He said, "That's so special. I think Lana will really like that." and gave me a wink before going back to continue setting up for the show. So, I kind of think he told Lana that I had something for her and that's why she came straight to me when she came onstage. Maybe not though, maybe it was just coinicidence, but I really wish I had gotten that guy's name to properly thank him for that if he was the one behind it.

Hide contents

Photos of Lana taking my book captured by my best friend, and a photo I took of me actually handing the book to Lana! x

51846578296_68588cd2dc.jpg51846645138_b92063e78e.jpg51846586711_de7df81b04.jpg

My second interaction with Lana was the one in London I told in my other post, and then a few months later when the LA to the Moon tour began, I saw her again in DC. The same best friend in all these stories had since moved to DC and I had moved to Brooklyn NY, so I took the Amtrack over to see her for the show! In the middle of the set, the band played the Burnt Norton instrumental while Lana came down and talked to some fans. She was there for quite awhile! She started in the middle of the barricade and went all the way to the very end of the right side, which is where me and my friends were. I was with my best friend and then two other friends who I also met and stood by at the London show! Such a huge coincidence. She came up to me and I told her it was nice to see her again and introduced her to my friends, and she signed my Ultraviolence CD and we snapped a picture. After she finished talking to us, she stood in front of us an let us know how she could really feel our energy and thanked us for that. Then she went back onstage to continue her show!

Hide contents

Selfie Lana took of us, the Ultraviolence booklet she signed, a photo of her signing my booklet taken by my best friend, a photo of Lana talking to me taken by someone behind us, and a photo of the bigscreen where Lana was talking to me & my friends! x

51846645158_069561b70f.jpg51847226660_310d834656.jpg51847226655_fdf6dfd6e8.jpg51846645133_484e1042af.jpg51846900224_df248b6dbc.jpg

Another interaction that I don't always count but still feel like it was worth mentioning was at the Ally Coalition later that year at the end of 2018. I wasn't even planning on going, but the show was on my girlfriend at the time's birthday, and she really wanted me to come with her, so I shelled out the $500 for front row seats. At the end of her set, she was talking to fans on the side of the stage while Jack thanked her for performing. Even though it was my girlfriend's birthday, she had brought a gift for Lana! Lana was sort of at the opposite side of where we were and my girlfriend was so shy and I was like "yell out to her!" and she was like "no, I'm scared!" So finally, I just shouted, "Lana, she has a gift for you!" Lana heard and came over, accepted the gift, and talked to me and my girlfriend for a bit. I didn't ask her to sign anything or take a picture because I wanted that moment to be for my girlfriend and Jack was just closing out his little speech, so right after she talked to us she walked offstage. It was still such a sweet moment that I remember (even if things didn't end well w my gf a couple months after that skkkk.) Chuck also took a picture of the group I was friends I was with after the show and posted it on her IG story!

Hide contents

Photo of Lana talking to me and my (ex)girlfriend

51846645103_d469f9e523.jpg

Then, my most recent interaction was during the NFR Tour at the Wichita date! After the show, another close friend of mine who I brought with me & I went out to the gates by her tour bus since she had been chatting with fans after the show by her bus at the last couple of shows. We were also by a fellow LanaBoards member I met up with and his friends! We waited for an hour, and then Lana came out. She was out there with us for 2 whole hours in the Kansas cold of November talking to every single person who was out there waiting for her. There wasn't a crazy amount of people, but still somewhere between 50-100. This just shows how much of a heart of gold she has. While we were waiting, I actually got to talk to Lana's dad for awhile too! He was super cool. He told us about Lana's journey to learning to fly (and I sang a bit of "Aviation" in response and he was like, "Yes! I'm surprised you know that song!") and a little story about how one time when they were canoeing, Lana tipped it into the lake because she saw a spider. We were one of the final people Lana talked to, but came over to us after Rob told her it was someone's birthday (one of the personal friends of the LanaBoards buddy I was with.) The girl was turning 18, and so Lana shared that the first thing she did when she was 18 was go up to Canada to have a glass of champagne since the legal drinking age permitted it, and got a tattoo. Then, I got a chance to have a little chat with Lana. In the months prior to that show, I had gone through a really, really dark time. Definitely the hardest part of my life thus far, and I don't think I really quite completely overcame it until mid-2020 - early 2021. I told her that some of the Songs on Norman such as Hope and The Greatest were really helping guide me through that rough time, and I thanked her for her and her music. She gave me a hug, signed my NFR booklet, and snapped another picture! She then went down a few people and someone asked her about the rumoured East Coast leg of the tour at the time, and she asked where she should go. I said, "ATL, ATL!" and she looked at me, smiled, and said, "ATL? Okay!" Since we were towards the last final people she talked to, it was super quiet and personal. Everyone was very respectful of everyone else's chats, and it's a moment I'll remember forever. Like all of them!

Hide contents

Selfie Lana took of us & the NFR booklet she signed for me!

51847226690_a4de0cce8d.jpg51847234380_f6a0edc0b7.jpg

She's also interacted with me several times on Instagram throughout the years - liking my comments, liking my posts, and shouting me out during livestreams. I always get so happy whenever she recognises me!

Looking back on all these special memories just goes to show how Lana has truly brought me so many of the best days of my life over all these years. I hate to imagine an alternate reality where I never discovered her back in January 2012, just two days after the album release, by stumbling across the Born to Die music video on YouTube after being given a recommendation to check out her music. I truly don't know where I'd be without her or how different my life would be :xcry:

Girl........jeez ur so beautifuuuuul i cant with these stories. everything is so cute and i loved all the interactions especially the last one with rob telling ya stories with lana falling in the lake bc she saw a spider omg.. 

also i looked up and found an atlanta video in case u havent seen it in video! Loved it! thank u for taking so much time to write this it really brighten my day! 

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

Also:

JzRupN5.png

Omg I realized this was written by the same girl who made Lana mad earlier this year (remember the Instagram posts right after Chemtrails’s release??) with the inaccurate things she had written. She just quote-retweeted me and that’s when I checked the author of the article. o____o

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Omg I realized this was written by the same girl who made Lana mad earlier this year (remember the Instagram posts right after Chemtrails’s release??) with the inaccurate things she had written. She just quote-retweeted me and that’s when I checked the author of the article. o____o

No way. Was it the same person that said Lana should have talked about the gentrification of Brooklyn in Brooklyn Baby?

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

No way. Was it the same person that said Lana should have talked about the gentrification of Brooklyn in Brooklyn Baby?

Yes, I’m 100% sure. It’s the same name and twitter account who RTed me.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a35311661/lana-del-rey-appropriation/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

28 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

shook

she has no shame it seems lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

29 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

22 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Yes, I’m 100% sure. It’s the same name and twitter account who RTed me.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a35311661/lana-del-rey-appropriation/

:eartha2:

i think @Diamantes made a status update in regards to people having a lower ability to forgive

if there’s even anything to forgive lana for :scoff:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

33 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

nobody can resist the magic & allure of lana, not even her most ridiculous critics :scoff: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

35 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

to quote Nicki Minaj - they switch like ******* :oprah3:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Not going to preface this with an “I’m sorry, but…” because I am in no way apologetic, but Iman Sultan writing that article is hypocritical.  You do not get to act like Born to Die’s tenth anniversary celebration is something you can partake in when less than a year ago, you were vilifying her lyricism to suit your fake-woke agenda. You were part of the witch-hunt at its peak. :um3: