Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

Omg I realized this was written by the same girl who made Lana mad earlier this year (remember the Instagram posts right after Chemtrails’s release??) with the inaccurate things she had written. She just quote-retweeted me and that’s when I checked the author of the article. o____o

I regret reading it and giving it a click, disgusting individual :pigrez:

Lanarat.png

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Not going to preface this with an “I’m sorry, but…” because I am in no way apologetic, but Iman Sultan writing that article is hypocritical.  You do not get to act like Born to Die’s tenth anniversary celebration is something you can partake in when less than a year ago, you were vilifying her lyricism to suit your fake-woke agenda. You were part of the witch-hunt at its peak. :um3:

100%. That article she wrote last year was one of the worst I've ever read, and now she's writing about how great Lana is and how other critics just didn't get her at times, without any acknowledgement of her own absolutely shit take a year ago? :smh:

11 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Not going to preface this with an “I’m sorry, but…” because I am in no way apologetic, but Iman Sultan writing that article is hypocritical.  You do not get to act like Born to Die’s tenth anniversary celebration is something you can partake in when less than a year ago, you were vilifying her lyricism to suit your fake-woke agenda. You were part of the witch-hunt at its peak. :um3:

"Largely misunderstood by critics upon its initial release, Born to Die was ahead of its time. Blending genres like hip-hop and rock ’n roll, merging orchestral riffs with beats pulled from rap music, Lana layered flowery, breathily-intoned lyrics inspired by classic literature in a husky, sexy voice to complete her fusion. She sang uniquely of heartbreak, love lost and the murky depths of abuse..."

That is the same person that accused Lana of overlooking the gentrification of New York in Brooklyn Baby. Ngl her hypocrisy is funny. :gasp: :oic:

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

100%. That article she wrote last year was one of the worst I've ever read, and now she's writing about how great Lana is and how other critics just didn't get her at times, without any acknowledgement of her own absolutely shit take a year ago? :smh:

Just now, West Coast said:

"Largely misunderstood by critics upon its initial release, Born to Die was ahead of its time. Blending genres like hip-hop and rock ’n roll, merging orchestral riffs with beats pulled from rap music, Lana layered flowery, breathily-intoned lyrics inspired by classic literature in a husky, sexy voice to complete her fusion. She sang uniquely of heartbreak, love lost and the murky depths of abuse..."

That is the same person that accused Lana of overlooking the gentrification of New York in Brooklyn Baby. Ngl her hypocrisy is funny. :gasp: :oic:

I don’t want to be the one to add fuel to the fire ever, but I wouldn’t mind if people (respectfully, of course) let her know that nobody forgot her article from earlier. :die:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

Largely misunderstood by critics 

OH THE IRONY :eartha: i don't think anybody else could've misunderstood her more when she thought brooklyn baby was problematic for not mentioning gentrification :eartha:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I think that a lot of writers tend to just go with whatever the popular opinion is, and since people were celebrating BTD's anniversary positively, Iman hopped on the bandwagon

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

I think that a lot of writers tend to just go with whatever the popular opinion is, and since people were celebrating BTD's anniversary positively, Iman hopped on the bandwagon

it's a shame how people can't just stay true to themselves :smh: like, if you're a lana hater, just be a lana hater, don't switch-up & act like you're her biggest fan when it's now acceptable within the internet & media :wtf:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t want to be the one to add fuel to the fire ever, but I wouldn’t mind if people (respectfully, of course) let her know that nobody forgot her article from earlier. :die:

LOL I replied to her post on twitter :grinds: I tried to remain civil but not let her forget:

"Isn't it a bit hypocritical to write this article without even acknowledging the absolutely unfair hit piece you put out on Lana last year? You are one of the critics who have completely misunderstood her and used that against her. This new article is good, but come on..."

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's a shame how people can't just stay true to themselves :smh: like, if you're a lana hater, just be a lana hater, don't switch-up & act like you're her biggest fan when it's now acceptable within the internet & media :wtf:

i think btd is just decent and i’m not ashamed of saying that :true:

doesn’t mean people can’t enjoy it doesn’t mean i hate that people enjoy it

that’s an example of me staying true to myself even if it’s different from the general opinion :mj2:

it’s not that hard people

edit: changed mediocre to decent because i think mediocre was a lil too strong of a word

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

LOL I replied to her post on twitter :grinds: I tried to remain civil but not let her forget:

"Isn't it a bit hypocritical to write this article without even acknowledging the absolutely unfair hit piece you put out on Lana last year? You are one of the critics who have completely misunderstood her and used that against her. This new article is good, but come on..."

GO OFF, KING! :smile::thankyou:

1 minute ago, iconiclogan said:

i’m so heartbroken she said absolutely nothing about born to dies birthday. like what. born to die is literally her most important album. like wtf 

ngl i kinda was annoyed by it as well... :shh2: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

She really represents the absolute worst kind of journalism. Someone with no opinion of their own who is willing to jump on the bandwagon and write about anything, with no consideration of the damage that writing can cause. Last year it was trendy to jump on Lana for everything she did, so she wrote something so destructive and unfair. Yesterday it was cool to praise Born To Die, so she gives Lana a glowing review.

I still don't think I've recovered from the stupidity of her take on Brooklyn Baby LOL

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I still don't think I've recovered from the stupidity of her take on Brooklyn Baby LOL

I remember reading the infamous Brooklyn Baby take like three times because I was convinced I was reading it wrong

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Me, IanadeIrey, defending the real Lana Del Rey:

1176213-B-305-E-4-C9-E-84-EF-5010-F3-F5-

we love to see it :ma:

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

as someone who is very anti-gentrification that take was absolutely fucking stupid

like it was just the epitome of pure liberal “wokeness”

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

11 minutes ago, DCooper said:

She really represents the absolute worst kind of journalism. Someone with no opinion of their own who is willing to jump on the bandwagon and write about anything, with no consideration of the damage that writing can cause. Last year it was trendy to jump on Lana for everything she did, so she wrote something so destructive and unfair. Yesterday it was cool to praise Born To Die, so she gives Lana a glowing review.

Exactly my thoughts.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

13 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I would say the worst kind of people, period. :true: