Elle

10 Years of Born to Die

Just now, Clampigirl said:

I just remembered her reaction to Lana’s angry response was “I made her start writing on the new album! <3 :wub:“ like... :horror:

you just know she was so proud of that brooklyn/gentrification take... :awk: :ma: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I just remembered her reaction to Lana’s angry response was “I made her start writing on the new album! <3 :wub:“ like... :horror:

Ugh yes that was so infuriating, she was so proud of her own dumb ass 

:bye3:

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

you just know she was so proud of that brooklyn/gentrification take... :awk: :ma: 

She also seems proud to have found out that BTD was huge on tumblr, as if that isn’t considered to be general knowledge by now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

OMG you guys she responded to me on twitter:

"Loving an artist also means being critical of them"

LOL bitch please :bye:

I’ve already replied, I hope this won’t turn into my first twitter beef : )))

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, Clampigirl said:

I’ve already replied, I hope this won’t turn into my first twitter beef : )))

LOL yesss I just saw your reply :wub: and same, I am definitely not one to fight online, but she is getting on my nerves. :lange:

7 minutes ago, DCooper said:

OMG you guys she responded to me on twitter:

"Loving an artist also means being critical of them"

LOL bitch please :bye:

I'm never letting her live the Brooklyn Baby thing down, there's a line between being critical of an artist and just straight up making zero sense. The song isn't even about Brooklyn itself :wtfney:

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think this is not wrong. :true:

Of course it's not. The issue is that she wasn't just critical of Lana, she was hateful and ridiculous, and now she's released a hypocritical follow up praising Lana and pretending that other critics just don't get her sometimes. 

The "my boyfriends are rappers" was a stupid thing to say and I can see why QFTC could be taken the wrong way... but the Brooklyn Baby criticism was one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard :horror:

I have no idea how anybody could unironically complain about that

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

11 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

Lol u know it’s bad when DCooper’s telling u off :lanahairflip:

LOL :bebe:

I truly am not meaning to offend anyone or get into any arguments, the internet is just full of questionable takes today :true:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

The way I opened this thread and see I was missing quite a bit today :popcorn: 

not really tbh it's mostly certain people policing other people's bodies :wtf2:

along with the "brooklyn baby to gentrification pipeline" author doing the "omg i luv born to die" thing :wtf2:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Reading some of these anniversary articles... they've really learned nothing like damn. Why is it that so many of her fans just immediately get what B2D is all about, but so many professional writers get it wrong over and over again? Is it because the themes of submission and mania are too sticky to address directly? Do they still think she's being ironic? Because the only ironic song in B2D is "Lucky Ones" which is ironically happy. From day one Lana has insisted that she does not have a persona and means what she says and says what she means. But all these harebrained journalists are too busy with their heads up their asses to consider one of best pop albums of all time a serious endeavor. Such a shame.

Just now, takemetothegasstation said:

Reading some of these anniversary articles... they've really learned nothing like damn. Why is it that so many of her fans just immediately get what B2D is all about, but so many professional writers get it wrong over and over again? Is it because the themes of submission and mania are too sticky to address directly? Do they still think she's being ironic? Because the only ironic song in B2D is "Lucky Ones" which is ironically happy. From day one Lana has insisted that she does not have a persona and means what she says and says what she means. But all these harebrained journalists are too busy with their heads up their asses to consider one of best pop albums of all time a serious endeavor. Such a shame.

adding onto your point (i agree w/ it btw just for clarification) - i know lana has said that b2d/paradise isn't a persona but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not fictional

she can write from a genuine place while it also not being autobiographical

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif