Glitter Boy

Glitter Boy's Homemade CDs

37 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

ooo where can i find it

Hide contents

its lovely but if they made the image, they forgot to add the pool to the XCX Tower but otherwise it's incredible!!!

It's amazing! I love what they did with it. Here I found it:

https://www.deviantart.com/kallumlavigne/art/Charli-XCX-XCX-World-Back-Inlay-868350856

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

13 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

It's amazing! I love what they did with it. Here I found it:

https://www.deviantart.com/kallumlavigne/art/Charli-XCX-XCX-World-Back-Inlay-868350856

@kallumlavigne :oopna:

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I did this based on @IanadeIrey and @bigspender print this :oprah: 

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails over the Country Club (2021). Different design + booklet.

CHEM-01.jpg

CHEM-02.jpg

CHEM-03.jpg

CHEM-04.jpg

CHEM-05.jpg

CHEM-06.jpg

CHEM-07.jpg

omfg WOW yours looks so exact to mine!! the only slight difference is the box around the polydor logo which i took off, but it’s so crazy how well you made this!! i’m jealous of that booklet though, mine is just two insert post cards 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, bigspender said:

omfg WOW yours looks so exact to mine!! the only slight difference is the box around the polydor logo which i took off, but it’s so crazy how well you made this!! i’m jealous of that booklet though, mine is just two insert post cards 

:oprah2: thank you so much! I've been enjoying making booklets so much, I'm glad you like them :kiss: 

5 hours ago, mintconfetti said:

They look so amazing!

Thanks a lot! <3 

Sky Ferreira - Cry Baby (2011). 2 CD deluxe edition.

SKY-CB-01.jpgSKY-CB-02.jpg

SKY-CB-03.jpg

SKY-CB-04.jpg

SKY-CB-05.jpg

SKY-CB-06.jpg

SKY-CB-07.jpg

SKY-CB-08.jpg

SKY-CB-09.jpg

A couple notes ddddd.

1) I love the Victoria Horn demos for Ditch and Overplayed, but Sky's versions have not leaked. I decided to put them in the album as I don't find Victoria's vocals drastically different from Sky's.

2) My stupid ass forgot including lyrics of Sex Rules and Touch & Go in the booklet, but I found out when I was ensembling it and was too lazy to redesign it all over again.

3) The songwriting credits of Elevator are not legit but I remember reading somewhere a rumour that it was produced by Bloodshy & Avant (?) so I just tried to put the same team behind other songs like Untouchable (also made with them) so it looked official-esque.

4) I wanted to put more pics because the photoshoot of that album looks great (I love the photo in the last picture) but as I ended up with a more minimalistic design I scrapped the idea.

5) Some of these songs were not particularly intended for the album but I thought they were sonically fitting and were made around the same time so yeah :agree: 

Hope you like it :heart: 

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

@Glitter Boy may i ask what template you used to print the artwork? i wanna print for my own home made cd booklets and traycards but idk how to print them in correct Jewel case size.

Well I've been using some templates that A Crafter In Training has posted in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QoCP5B-ZSI

The sizes are exact!

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Well I've been using some templates that A Crafter In Training has posted in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QoCP5B-ZSI

The sizes are exact!

Thank you dahling <3

My edits aren't perfect but they're good enough for personal use ig sksksksk

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

oh wait i had that bookmarked before, i think youve posted that before.

but i meant i didnt want to print what i made and have it print over the full page.

Uh... i don't follow :bebe: I thought you were trying to print in jewelcase size, unless I didn't read correctly :sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Uh... i don't follow :bebe: I thought you were trying to print in jewelcase size, unless I didn't read correctly :sadcore2:

i am but if i just print the photo wouldnt it just print over the whole paper?

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i am but if i just print the photo wouldnt it just print over the whole paper?

Oh, I get it now.

Hum... nope, what I do is to make the design on the templates I told you about, and in order to print them correctly I open a new file with the size of the paper (A4, A5, etc.; I used Letter size so that's what I set in size) and place the template I wanna print (e.g. the back cover) and just make sure it's in the very centre of the sheet to make sure it will not cut by the printer's borders, and that's it!

iirc the guy of the video also explains that, imo it's like the hardest part of doing these fanmade CD things.

33 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Oh, I get it now.

Hum... nope, what I do is to make the design on the templates I told you about, and in order to print them correctly I open a new file with the size of the paper (A4, A5, etc.; I used Letter size so that's what I set in size) and place the template I wanna print (e.g. the back cover) and just make sure it's in the very centre of the sheet to make sure it will not cut by the printer's borders, and that's it!

iirc the guy of the video also explains that, imo it's like the hardest part of doing these fanmade CD things.

thank you <3

id think that there should be enough paper on each sheet to print two at a time :nails:

edit - also the template you sent me uses liek 6k dimensions and my computer (while new) can only handle like 3k, and 3k is what ive been recommended to use.

@Glitter Boy this is what I mean about printing dimensions

It either prints too big or too small. There is no in-between for me :nails:

Unless I make a cardsleeve which I might have to do that :nails:

(Also the printer is dangerously low on ink so the colour isn't vibrant)
59-DEF663-2-DEA-4064-A54-F-68-BBA56-DE85

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

@Glitter Boy this is what I mean about printing dimensions

It either prints too big or too small. There is no in-between for me :nails:

Unless I make a cardsleeve which I might have to do that :nails:

(Also the printer is dangerously low on ink so the colour isn't vibrant)
59-DEF663-2-DEA-4064-A54-F-68-BBA56-DE85

Oh oh, I think it never happened to me that way :deadbanana: 

Honestly I wouldn't know how to solve that :cryney: I'll try to find a solution, in case I do I'll let you know anything!

Lana Del Rey - Sirens (2006)

I know she did this one under the May Jailer pseudonym but I'm trying to have all her releases under the Lana Del Rey name.

SIRENS-01.jpgSIRENS-02.jpg

SIRENS-03.jpg

SIRENS-04.jpg

SIRENS-05.jpg

SIRENS-06.jpg