A place of discussion for the eccentric(??) 2022 Oscar nominations, which were announced this morning! Here are the nominees:

Best Picture:

BELFAST // CODA // DON'T LOOK UP // DRIVE MY CAR // DUNE // KING RICHARD // LICORICE PIZZA // NIGHTMARE ALLEY // THE POWER OF THE DOG // WEST SIDE STORY

Best Director:

KENNETH BRANAGH - BELFAST // RYUSUKE HAMAGUCHI - DRIVE MY CAR // PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON - LICORICE PIZZA // JANE CAMPION - THE POWER OF THE DOG // STEVEN SPIELBERG - WEST SIDE STORY

Best Actor:

JAVIER BARDEM - BEING THE RICARDOS // BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH - THE POWER OF THE DOG // ANDREW GARFIELD - TICK, TICK...BOOM! // WILL SMITH - KING RICHARD // DENZEL WASHINGTON - THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH

Best Actress:

JESSICA CHASTAIN - THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE // OLIVIA COLMAN - THE LOST DAUGHTER // PENELOPE CRUZ - PARALLEL MOTHERS // NICOLE KIDMAN - BEING THE RICARDOS // KRISTEN STEWART - SPENCER

Best Supporting Actor:

CIARAN HINDS - BELFAST // TROY KOTSUR - CODA // JESSE PLEMONS - THE POWER OF THE DOG // J.K. SIMMONS - BEING THE RICARDOS // KODI SMIT-MCPHEE - THE POWER OF THE DOG

Best Supporting Actress:

JESSIE BUCKLEY - THE LOST DAUGHTER // ARIANA DEBOSE - WEST SIDE STORY // JUDI DENCH - BELFAST // KIRSTEN DUNST - THE POWER OF THE DOG // AUNJANUE ELLIS - KING RICHARD

Best Original Screenplay:

BELFAST // DON'T LOOK UP // KING RICHARD // LICORICE PIZZA // THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD

Best Adapted Screenplay:

CODA // DRIVE MY CAR // DUNE // THE LOST DAUGHTER // THE POWER OF THE DOG

Best Animated Film:

ENCANTO // FLEE // LUCA // THE MITCHELLS VS THE MACHINES // RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON

Best International Feature Film:

DRIVE MY CAR - JAPAN // FLEE - DENMARK // THE HAND OF GOD - ITALY // LUNANA: A YAK IN THE CLASSROOM - BHUTAN // THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD - NORWAY

Best Documentary:

ASCENSION // ATTICA // FLEE // SUMMER OF SOUL (...OR, WHEN THE REVOLUTION COULD NOT BE TELEVISED) // WRITING WITH FIRE

Best Original Score:

DON'T LOOK UP // DUNE // ENCANTO // PARALLEL MOTHERS // THE POWER OF THE DOG

Best Original Song:

"BE ALIVE" - KING RICHARD // "DOS ORUGUITAS" - ENCANTO // "DOWN TO JOY" - BELFAST // "NO TIME TO DIE" - NO TIME TO DIE // "SOMEHOW YOU DO" - FOUR GOOD DAYS

Best Sound:

BELFAST // DUNE // NO TIME TO DIE // THE POWER OF THE DOG // WEST SIDE STORY

Best Production Design:

DUNE // NIGHTMARE ALLEY // THE POWER OF THE DOG // THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH // WEST SIDE STORY

Best Cinematography:

DUNE // NIGHTMARE ALLEY // THE POWER OF THE DOG // THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH // WEST SIDE STORY

Best Makeup and Hairstyling:

COMING 2 AMERICA // CRUELLA // DUNE // THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE // HOUSE OF GUCCI

Best Costume Design:

CRUELLA // CYRANO // DUNE // NIGHTMARE ALLEY // WEST SIDE STORY

Best Editing:

DON'T LOOK UP // DUNE // KING RICHARD // THE POWER OF THE DOG // TICK, TICK...BOOM!

Best Visual Effects:

DUNE // FREE GUY // NO TIME TO DIE // SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS // SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME

Best Animated Short:

AFFAIRS OF THE ART // BESTIA // BOXBALLET // ROBIN ROBIN // THE WINDSHIELD WIPER

Best Live Action Short:

ALA KACHUU - TAKE AND RUN // THE DRESS // THE LONG GOODBYE // ON MY MIND // PLEASE HOLD

Best Documentary Short:

AUDIBLE // LEAD ME HOME // THE QUEEN OF BASKETBALL // THREE SONGS FOR BENAZIR // WHEN WE WERE BULLIES

Any snubs that come to mind off hand? (:creepna2:) Any choices that you really loved or really hated?

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

thank u for this thread <3

what's everyone's favourites out of the best picture noms? i've only seen don't look up lol - power of the dog is most intriguing so will watch it next  (and nightmare alley tbh bc the noir/gothic genre is just so sEXY) but what else is rly good? i need to catch up by march omg

mUENGN9.png

Kristen Stewart deserves the win :true:

Spencer should have also been nominated for Best Picture. The Green Knight for Best Picture as well, but that was never going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

what's everyone's favourites out of the best picture noms? i've only seen don't look up lol - power of the dog is most intriguing so will watch it next but what else is rly good? i need to catch up by march omg

Nightmare Alley and Power of the Dog were my two faves of the noms I think. I haven't seen Licorice Pizza yet but that looks good too! West Side Story was also great if you like musicals.

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

what's everyone's favourites out of the best picture noms? i've only seen don't look up lol - power of the dog is most intriguing so will watch it next but what else is rly good? i need to catch up by march omg

CODA and Drive My Car are my two favs. I didn't like Belfast too much. All the rest are perfectly great but like nothing more nothing less you know? Very much regular studio Best Picture noms, which is fine yknow.

2 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

I just want to know how much they paid for Don't Look Up to get nominated :um:

Nepotism AT ITS FINESTTTT! THEY LOVE ADAM MCKAY!

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Kristen Stewart deserves the win :true:

Spencer should have also been nominated for Best Picture. The Green Knight for Best Picture as well, but that was never going to happen.

Your spill and a half. Spencer should've been in score, screenplay and at the very least costume design as well. Ugh. And The Green Knight at LEAST deserved cinematography. that one hurt. that score was my fav of the year and i didn't expect it to get it in but it still hurt

10 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

what's everyone's favourites out of the best picture noms? i've only seen don't look up lol - power of the dog is most intriguing so will watch it next  (and nightmare alley tbh bc the noir/gothic genre is just so sEXY) but what else is rly good? i need to catch up by march omg

power of the dog, which I hope wins most of its categories (it’s so good, and the performances are incredible, gorgeous cinematography, great writing…has it all).

as I said in my status update Passing the biggest snub for me,  esp for leads Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

want to see drive my car but other best pic noms don’t interest me (I liked don’t look up but LOL at the best pic nom). Lost daughter was terrific but imo power of the dog and Passing are both far better.

aOaIzH2.gif

Thanks for making this, somehow this is the easiest to read page with all the nominations on the internet.

Love all the people that were nominated for Best Actress, just wish Rachel Zegler could have gotten a ceremonial nomination cuz she was so gorgeous in West Side Story. Mike Faist was really amazing too, but I remembered reading that he was going to be a long shot. 

Somehow I didn't see any of the films nominated for Best Score but I wanna listen to Don't Look Up since Nicholas Britell is fab.

No Time To Die has no business winning but the Oscars are kinda going the same direction as the Grammys anyway so who really cares. :um:

No thoughts on the rest, sort of a slow year and I didn't see as much because of COVID still. 

3lfQEhw.png

I don't pay too much attention to awards season, but I'm honestly just so happy for Kirsten Dunst. She's been one of my favorite actresses for years and this nomination has been a long time coming 

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, baddisease said:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye deserved more awards.

i haven't yet seen it. what did you have in mind?

6 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

as I said in my status update Passing the biggest snub for me,  esp for leads Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

said it once and i'll say it again. ruth negga biggest snub of the day imo

6 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Somehow I didn't see any of the films nominated for Best Score but I wanna listen to Don't Look Up since Nicholas Britell is fab.

Parallel Mothers is amazing <3

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

am i the only one that liked don't look up?

i did actually like it!!!!! it was cute and chaotic and did what it needed to do

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

i haven't yet seen it. what did you have in mind?

It deserves Best Picture. It's a really good examination of evangelical and prosperity gospel from the standpoint of Tammy Faye Bakker.

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

I just want to know how much they paid for Don't Look Up to get nominated :um:

I was just wondering the same thing. Saw it there other day and well... It wasn't completely terrible but, an Oscar? Okay 🥴

Happy for some of the nominee’s..however. Lady Gaga not getting nominated is outrageous! Fucking Olivia Colman again, don’t get me wrong I love her and she was fantastic  in The Favourite etc ..but The Lost Daughter was so boring I fell asleep watching it and Olivia’s acting was average, she did her best but it honestly felt like she wasn’t even acting just strolling around the beach for 90 minutes. In fact the younger version of her (Jessie Buckley) was far far better in my opinion and is more worthy of an Oscar nom.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I feel like 'No Time To Die' has been out for like three years now, it's a dud. :oprah3:

Ugh..when will they stop pampering Billie?…she’s had such a cliché career so far.  Will probably end with a Las Vegas residency just to top it off. 

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Ugh..when will they stop pampering Billie?…she’s had such a cliché career so far.  Will probably end with a Las Vegas residency just to top it off. 

Billie is highly talented and her music is good

giphy.gif

Just now, baddisease said:

Billie is highly talented and her music is good

Oh she is I’m a fan and actually really like No Time to Die…just these types of artists get oversaturated then nobody wants them..e.g. Lorde.