Sign in to follow this  
palemoonbaby

Theory: Blue Banisters was more rock-ish at the beginning?

I couldn't sleep through the night and I had many different thoughts. One of them came suddenly. BB/RCS was meant to be more rockish? And there are hints (clownish and cringy but...)

-According to BoZ many tracks made by Antonoff was scrapped last minute and replaced songs by Erickson.

-Text Book and BBS has in credits Zach Dawes, Dean Reid (+Dealer and Thunder) and Simon. Idk when TB was recorded and it was more rockish or not, do BBS was reworking and had different sound in Spring 2020?

-Leaked Thunder version is more rock but it was changed to fit more stripped down sound

-As mentioned many new added tracks was freshly recorded and almost all of them has piano vibes

-IYLDTM is UV outtake, Erickson in credits, it was rockier before he took song in his hands?

-I Can Fly and Wild One were on album but scrapped last-minute

-NOTG, Living Legend and Cherry Blossom was last songs on album. CB closed the album and ode to older myself from introspective view. These songs was the fewer stripped songs but have strong UV vibes

-Dean probaly knew that album are piano-based and that's why WW doesn't sound like something he could produced

I know this everything could be wrong lol

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I don't care if this isn't true, we still were robbed :true:

Spilled:true:

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i want the bb instrumentals + acapellas (or even better stems) to leak so one of y'all can make dealer (rock mix)

YAS.

We have Soft Rock Version on Yt tho

34 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i want the bb instrumentals + acapellas (or even better stems) to leak so one of y'all can make dealer (rock mix)

Lemme shamelessly promote :ma: 

Spoiler

Imma make a faster rock mix soon :makeup:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

42 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I’ve never heard that I can fly and wild one we’re gonna be on bb?!!

Yes, BoZ confirmed that these songs was on early tracklist+ Fine China and LYTAN/RCS

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

and not to forget, the initial name was Rock Candy Sweet

Yes:party:

2 hours ago, bigspender said:

seems to me it should’ve been more alternative but not an ultraviolence level of rock/r&b

I have this on my mind, not specifically UV type rock but rock-ish vibes in alternative/indie sense, something lighter but still darker mood.

Let's wait if scraps from BB will be on LDR9 or not.

28 minutes ago, The Siren said:

The grammar in some spots of the op is giving me a headache :lmao:

I understood! English is a really weird language grammatically, so props to OP for writing this really well thought out piece! 

If anything tho, I think RCS/BB was gonna be more folk and country and she brought some more edginess to it thru her work w dean on WW. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

i also find it abit weird how most of the songs that were leaked prior were on the album even though she probably has hundreds of more outtakes. like dealer, thunder, nectar of the gods, cherry blossom, living legend (and songs that were about to be put on the album: fine china and wild one)