Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

81pJj.png

Welcome to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs thread :mj:

This is my favorite band, an indie trio from New York featuring the eternal Karen O on vocals, Nick Zinner on the guitar, and Brian Chase on drums. They've released three albums, each with a distinct direction varying from garage rock to electronic, and are due for a fourth in 2013.

Their hits:

Some gems:

Where my fans at? :creep:

I'm a huge fan! It's Blitz took a really long time to grow on me because I wasn't expecting that sound from them, but I thoroughly enjoy shaking my ass to Heads Will Roll and Dragon Queen. My favorite material of theirs is definitely the early stuff. The first EP, Fever to Tell, and Show Your Bones are perfect.

tori_amos_signature_by_ghosttree-d34dy5d.png

NEW FAVOURITE BAND!!!!!!!!

:woot:

I would say favourite overall, but I'm not sure--is Florence really a band?

She's a mess.

I just love their stuff so much. I've been listening to It's Blitz since last year, and I have loved it almost as long, but only very recently have I started to immerse myself in their entire discography. :creep:

"Cheated Hearts" is my favourite from them now, but "Faces" is probably my all-time favourite YYYs track.

From the opening sizzle synths to the closing chords, it's just the perfect exp

ression of exasperated, frenzied dance floor luv.

I also love the extremes they take to re-invent themselves every album. I know it throws some fans off, and to be honest I had no interest in their older stuff for months because I knew it was so different, but overall the effect is astounding.

:flutter:

Just look at them! Karen looks so dangerous + qt, Nick is all standoffish and creyzy looking, and then Brian's all serious-'n'-stuff.

GCLPa.jpg

I've like them since "Maps", my best friend and I used to make up music videos and this was the first song we did :toofloppy: soooo middle school.

But I definitely like their harder stuff, It's Blitz was a little too "poppy" and the "rock" tracks were too soft, plus they could've gone with one less ballad in exchange for another "Shame and Fortune"

I've like them since "Maps", my best friend and I used to make up music videos and this was the first song we did :toofloppy: soooo middle school.

But I definitely like their harder stuff, It's Blitz was a little too "poppy" and the "rock" tracks were too soft, plus they could've gone with one less ballad in exchange for another "Shame and Fortune"

I was gonna hate you forever for trying to destroy "Raise Me Up," but you're almost redeemed. Let me just cut out all the bits here where you're wrong, and it's all good. ^_^

But I definitely like their harder stuff, It's Blitz was a little not even a little bit too "poppy" and the "rock" tracks were too soft just about perfectly, plus they could've gone with one less ballad in exchange for another used another song just like "Shame and Fortune"

FIFY. :flutter:

Omg hahahaha iconic edit honey. :P And aww, I'm sorry about "Raise Me Up" and my mission/campaign to eliminate it! I just really want Kill Kill to win :,)

I will say that "Faces" is flawless and Cheated Hearts is one of their best, but I like their more "Rockers to Swallow" stuff!!

I just wish Runaway didn't exist.

I'm a huge fan! It's Blitz took a really long time to grow on me because I wasn't expecting that sound from them, but I thoroughly enjoy shaking my ass to Heads Will Roll and Dragon Queen. My favorite material of theirs is definitely the early stuff. The first EP, Fever to Tell, and Show Your Bones are perfect.

Careful, Madrigal loves him some It's Blitz :P I like the album, but I'll always be floored by the other stuff to a larger extent. The songs I return to most on IB aren't any of the ballads, sure enough. "Dull Life" and "Dragon Queen" are great songs no matter what they do. I'm at least confident you can't say that they sold out for pop appeal, because it was just yet another direction for one of their albums. My optimism for the fourth album hasn't budged a bit ^_^

NEW FAVOURITE BAND!!!!!!!!

:woot:

I would say favourite overall, but I'm not sure--is Florence really a band?

She's a mess.

I just love their stuff so much. I've been listening to It's Blitz since last year, and I have loved it almost as long, but only very recently have I started to immerse myself in their entire discography. :creep:

"Cheated Hearts" is my favourite from them now, but "Faces" is probably my all-time favourite YYYs track.

From the opening sizzle synths to the closing chords, it's just the perfect exp

ression of exasperated, frenzied dance floor luv.

I also love the extremes they take to re-invent themselves every album. I know it throws some fans off, and to be honest I had no interest in their older stuff for months because I knew it was so different, but overall the effect is astounding.

:flutter:

And nooow fall in love with Fever to Tell :mj: I like to hear "favorite band" statements, they feel like personal compliments because I'm so crazy about them.

ALL THAT BEING SAID: Is Is is my favorite :flutter: "10x10" is such a jam.

Careful, Madrigal loves him some It's Blitz :P I like the album, but I'll always be floored by the other stuff to a larger extent. The songs I return to most on IB aren't any of the ballads, sure enough. "Dull Life" and "Dragon Queen" are great songs no matter what they do. I'm at least confident you can't say that they sold out for pop appeal, because it was just yet another direction for one of their albums. My optimism for the fourth album hasn't budged a bit ^_^

Dragon Queen is my shit! I didn't even pay attention to it at first, but it grew on me big time. I'm not big on the ballads on that one either, but the dance tracks are amazing. I'm pretty okay with it. As long as they rock out on the next one. :P

Omg hahahaha iconic edit honey. :P And aww, I'm sorry about "Raise Me Up" and my mission/campaign to eliminate it! I just really want Kill Kill to win :,)

Aw, forgiven. :3 I much prefer friendz to enemies, anyway. It's just a stupid game.

I will say that "Faces" is flawless and Cheated Hearts is one of their best, but I like their more "Rockers to Swallow" stuff!!

Like SitR said, Is Is is a fantastic EP. That's what EPs should be--a group of songs that represent their own body of work, brilliantly brought together & perfectly executed. :flutter: None of this two-songs-and-a-remix nonsense I see all over the place these days. It's so dark, too! The album art really works with the songs as to how they appear in my head.

I just wish Runaway didn't exist.

Lol b/c I used to feel the same way about it + "Shame and Fortune." But knowing that Greg Kurstin plays the piano on it made me like it tons more, and "Shame and Fortune" grew on me just because it deserves recognition! I just wish It's Blitz was longer...it feels to me like it deserves to be an even more magnificent album.

PS This collaboration was like a dream come true for me. This shit is live.

I KNOW!!!!!!!! :D I was so happy when it was finally on the album...I listened to the LQ "leak" for months.

I KNOW!!!!!!!! :D I was so happy when it was finally on the album...I listened to the LQ "leak" for months.

Right?! I got all excited when it first came out, thinking the album would be coming out a few months after that, but Santi was all, "I don't think so, bitches."

Right?! I got all excited when it first came out, thinking the album would be coming out a few months after that, but Santi was all, "I don't think so, bitches."

*Sigh* I wish it was an even more splendid affair, but I'm glad we finally got it. :3 "Never Enough" is a great track, and I saw via BMI she already has a lot more in waiting...hopefully we won't have to wait another four years.

Make a Santigold thread tbh :creep:

No, I didn't see it as a sell-out album or anything! But i just want more Is Is for the rest of my life :defeated: Rockers to Swallow and 10x10 are wiiiiiild.

Yeah, I wouldn't even need their "reinvent every album" thing if they kept delivering that quality/style of stuff.

The album art really works with the songs as to how they appear in my head.

Oh jeez I thought it was a picture taken underwater for the longest time, which really fit with "10x10" for me, but one day I squinted and OH--there's a face :P

(Incidentally, "10x10" was the first time I ever tried interpreting a song with a really convoluted theory and probably ulimately responsible for Lanalysis.)