Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yay yay yay! Great thread, although maybe it should be the Karen O thread so we could include her other shizzle.

The album Fever to Tell, to me, is absolutely ridiculous. BECAUSE EVERY SONG IS AMAZEBALLS.

Anyone else wish they'd do more covers? Their twist on songs :defeated:

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Yay yay yay! Great thread, although maybe it should be the Karen O thread so we could include her other shizzle.

The album Fever to Tell, to me, is absolutely ridiculous. BECAUSE EVERY SONG IS AMAZEBALLS.

Anyone else wish they'd do more covers? Their twist on songs :defeated:

I fully intend to discuss her in here, too :P

When I heard "Diamond Sea", I just had to know what the original song was because it was so beautiful. And it's TOTALLY different. Also Karen's solo "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" blows me away.

I fully intend to discuss her in here, too :P

When I heard "Diamond Sea", I just had to know what the original song was because it was so beautiful. And it's TOTALLY different. Also Karen's solo "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" blows me away.

I love Diamond Sea, she had me at the gentle 'hoo hoo hoo's at the beginning tbh.

Did we ever hear anything about Karen's solo record after 2005/6? Squeak E. Clean mentioned that he was producing it, but he also said that Show Your Bones was gonna be based off the life of a cat named "Coco Beware." :P

Also, I don't know how many of you (besides Sitar, ofc) know about Unitard, but the one song we have from them is adorable. It was an acoustic duo made of Karen & Nick before the YYYs were officially formed, and they have an eight track album/EP that is notoriously hard to find.

Did we ever hear anything about Karen's solo record after 2005/6? Squeak E. Clean mentioned that he was producing it, but he also said that Show Your Bones was gonna be based off the life of a cat named "Coco Beware." :P

It became her "psycho opera", Stop the Virgens. (The source of the song "Duet".) They both talk about it in the video here (Sam Spiegel is "Squeak E. Clean").

Seven years ago, Karen O started working on an album that never saw the light of day. She came to realize the material “was much broader than… a rock record.” Heavily inspired by cinema and theater during her writing process, Karen says she always envisioned the record as more than just music but never had the right outlet for it. Finally, the manifestation of this introspective exercise comes in the form of a psycho-opera of sorts, entitled Stop the Virgens, which debuted last October in DUMBO at St. Ann’s Warehouse in conjunction with our Creators Project: New York event.

Also, I don't know how many of you (besides Sitar, ofc) know about Unitard, but the one song we have from them is adorable. It was an acoustic duo made of Karen & Nick before the YYYs were officially formed, and they have an eight track album/EP that is notoriously hard to find.

Is this the Year to be Hated EP? Eugh, total bitch to find, despite us having the track list! At least that one song gives people an idea...

Is this the Year to be Hated EP? Eugh, total bitch to find, despite us having the track list! At least that one song gives people an idea...

Yeah...I hope I can find it eventually. </3

Anyway, isn't this just the perfect YYYs signature? I wish I could find one with Brian, but this one is still gorgeous.

:flutter:

tumblr_ltyd1z9vmp1r53ogvo1_500.jpg

And I recently watched the "Pin" video again--it's incredible! I love the animation.

Anyway, isn't this just the perfect YYYs signature? I wish I could find one with Brian, but this one is still gorgeous.

:flutter:

tumblr_ltyd1z9vmp1r53ogvo1_500.jpg

GR9! Just so you know, I intend to change my set to the YYYs after my MOTW interview runs its course on the homepage, so there's the risk of us matching if you're going for that :P

Is yah fave still "Cheated Hearts", Madrigal?

What the Dickens are they up to now? I can't say i follow them that closely. Fanflop and all that.

Supposedly recording the next album. They've done some stuff with James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem. "Spring 2013" is the tentative period for their next album. Also working on Karen's Stop the Virgens! psycho-opera performance thing. I need them to release the music from that like I need air to breathe :crying:

I just re-listened to It's Blitz last night...I think they should have chosen either Soft Shock or Hysteric and either Little Shadow or Skeletons. There are too many ballads and mid tempos. There should have been another Shame and Fortune and another Dull Life!

etIpV.png

YOU GUYS I JUMPED UP AND DOWN WHEN I FOUND OUT, IT'S COMING :crying:

I just re-listened to It's Blitz last night...I think they should have chosen either Soft Shock or Hysteric and either Little Shadow or Skeletons. There are too many ballads and mid tempos. There should have been another Shame and Fortune and another Dull Life!

Not big on Skeletons and I straight dislike Soft Shock, so this could have worked for me.

Another "Dull Life" would be great, so would another "Zero" or "Heads Will Roll." If they were any other band, they would see that NME and SPIN listed "Zero" as best freakin' song of the year, but they're the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, so we'll probably never get another work like that again. :defeated:

Thing is, as a 'junior' record, the LP is perfect. It has it's 'party' moments (not the best word, but it works), but the increased thoughtfulness as shown through the ballads and midtempo pieces is perfect. "Hysteric" and "Soft Shock" both have their places [though "Faces" should've replaced the latter!!!!!], and of all the songs, I'd have to say "Shame & Fortune" fits the least. :P

Finally, "Skeletons" is great. I know some prefer the acoustic, but the bagpipe-esque effects are.....beautiful.

Another "Dull Life" would be great, so would another "Zero" or "Heads Will Roll." If they were any other band, they would see that NME and SPIN listed "Zero" as best freakin' song of the year, but they're the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, so we'll probably never get another work like that again. :defeated:

Well, the album was already finished when they got that honor, so...:P

If you mean for the fourth record, I kind of hope not. I want either a brand new style (probable), or if there's any return to form then something like Is Is. It's Blitz had its place but if they do that style again, oh the cries of "sellout" I'll have to endure. Perhaps a Zero-esque anthem with less electronics, because the spirit of that song is great and singular among the YYYs' discography.

I can't even believe another album is finally so close, I hope it's more of a March-April spring than May. SINGLE NOW.

If you mean for the fourth record, I kind of hope not. I want either a brand new style (probable), or if there's any return to form then something like Is Is. It's Blitz had its place but if they do that style again, oh the cries of "sellout" I'll have to endure. Perhaps a Zero-esque anthem with less electronics, because the spirit of that song is great and singular among the YYYs' discography.

I can't even believe another album is finally so close, I hope it's more of a March-April spring than May. SINGLE NOW.

I think we might get lucky on this wish! At their latest gig, they apparently did a new song called "Despair." I don't remember exactly how SPIN described it, but they compared it to "Dog Days are Over," which automatically makes me drool with longing. :crying: