Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I think we might get lucky on this wish! At their latest gig, they apparently did a new song called "Despair." I don't remember exactly how SPIN described it, but they compared it to "Dog Days are Over," which automatically makes me drool with longing. :crying:

Shut up, video now :wat:

Shut up, video now :wat:

There is none. :defeated:

Karen made some comment about not using cellphones, so I assume the crowd obliged her.

But here's the best article I can find about their performance. SPIN is by far my favourite music publication--they're so on top of things!

There is none. :defeated:

Karen made some comment about not using cellphones, so I assume the crowd obliged her.

But here's the best article I can find about their performance. SPIN is by far my favourite music publication--they're so on top of things!

They've been reading my diary again :oprah:

You guys, the release date and album name has been announced!

The fourth record is called Mosquito and is coming out on April 16th, 2013. They've described it as a return to form, very lo-fi, and "raw, chaotic, and dreamy". Also pretty light-hearted and uplifting, which explains "Despair".

Here's the teaser:

Some track names so far:

- Despair

- Nitrous Batcave

- Mosquito / Suck Young Blood

- Earth

http://pitchfork.com/features/update/9039-karen-o/

The album cover reminds me of Goosebumps hardcore :toofunny:

16iumiv.jpg

Regardless, you can blow $50 on their album bundle, including an autograph, here. I did :hooker:

You guys, the release date and album name has been announced!

The fourth record is called Mosquito and is coming out on April 16th, 2013. They've described it as a return to form, very lo-fi, and "raw, chaotic, and dreamy". Also pretty light-hearted and uplifting, which explains "Despair".

Here's the teaser:

Some track names so far:

- Despair

- Nitrous Batcave

- Mosquito / Suck Young Blood

- Earth

I am so excited! I might even be more excited for this than for Sky's and Charli's.....:O 

I'm very, very interested to hear the ways they've 'branched out.' A rap feature? Talk about a new direction. But Dave Sitek has worked on all three records so far, so I think he must add some consistency. And there's a deluxe edition - no Show Your Bones situation. :creep: 

http://pitchfork.com/features/update/9039-karen-o/

The album cover reminds me of Goosebumps hardcore :toofunny:

16iumiv.jpg

This is one of the most nasty things I've ever seen. -_- I can't believe this is the art they have to have chosen....if it doesn't make Pitchfork's "worst album covers" of 2013 contest, nothing will. 

I am so excited! I might even be more excited for this than for Sky's and Charli's..... :O 

I'm very, very interested to hear the ways they've 'branched out.' A rap feature? Talk about a new direction. But Dave Sitek has worked on all three records so far, so I think he must add some consistency. And there's a deluxe edition - no Show Your Bones situation. :creep: 

This is one of the most nasty things I've ever seen. -_- I can't believe this is the art they have to have chosen....if it doesn't make Pitchfork's "worst album covers" of 2013 contest, nothing will. 

Oh, Madrigal, you're excited? Swear to god, the day it was announced I thought about it all day at school and then couldn't even get to sleep that night because I was thinking about it :facepalm: At one point I just kind of said out loud in bed, "MOSQUITO." What an album title. What a teaser. Nothing I expected, that's for sure. Three long months away, but I'm not sure any of you are prepared to see me in full-on stan mode :wut:

I got the deluxe and I'll be getting any pre-order exclusives a la "Clap Song", so rest assured. Although you should buy it! :creep: Even if the artwork is ugly. Hell, I got the vinyl, which'll just be a huge image of that...thing. It's Blitz was such a great cover, too :defeated:

Not one to let covers let me down prematurely, though. Lady Gaga fan here :mj: But I'm a little nervous for that rap collab. I'm trying to think of a similar pairing that has worked and I can't. Some musical styles just clash. Ugh, there's a Sufjan Stevens song with a rapper on it and it's baaaad. But that'll be "Nitrous Batcave", which is produced by James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem, who is great. We'll see. Also really attached to "suck young blood", the lyric everyone's reporting, but in the live video it really just sounds like "suck your blood" :pft:

(We Suck Young Blood is a Radiohead song anyway.)

I need a lead single to tide me over.

I want to buy this, but i want to stay very very far away from that picture... I'll ask for it as a birthday gift and for that image to be torn out before i receive it.

Didn't you see that the mosquito is carrying a fetus? Doesn't turn the tides for you? :teehee:

Heads Will Roll was a huge thing here. It saved my summer , we all danced to it on every party.

But I am confused why does their other songs sound so different ?

I think It's Blitz was pretty cohesive

BzhmW.png

Heads Will Roll was a huge thing here. It saved my summer , we all danced to it on every party.

But I am confused why does their other songs sound so different ? 

"Heads Will Roll" and the album It's Blitz! are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at their danciest. They change directions for each album, dance being their furthest departure from the normal. Even the next album is supposed to be a lo-fi affair. If you liked HWR then I'd recommend listening to the album it's from--it's very good. Call it a good commercial introduction to them. The spirit, songwriting, style, and vocals are common threads throughout all the releases, so if you like those you're set. "Dragon Queen" and "Zero" are particularly good for dancing :tyvm:

"Heads Will Roll" and the album It's Blitz! are the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at their danciest. They change directions for each album, dance being their furthest departure from the normal. Even the next album is supposed to be a lo-fi affair. If you liked HWR then I'd recommend listening to the album it's from--it's very good. Call it a good commercial introduction to them. The spirit, songwriting, style, and vocals are common threads throughout all the releases, so if you like those you're set. "Dragon Queen" and "Zero" are particularly good for dancing :tyvm:

Thanks a lot.

That's probably half the tracklist already haha

Indeed it must be. Although there is a deluxe edition.

They've performed Despair, Mosquito, Earth, and Subway live, released that snippet of the probable title Always, and only discussed Nitrous Batcave. I've only listened to Mosquito and the Always teaser to maintain some mystery :bliss:

OH MY GOD THE FIRST SINGLE IS COMING NEXT MONDAY AND IT'S CALLED SACRILEGE AND THE ALBUM COVER IS RIDICULOUS BUT I CAN'T POST IT BECAUSE I'M AT SCHOOL.

Titles so far:
- Despair
- Nitrous Batcave
- Mosquito
- Earth
- Subway
- Always

- Sacrilege