Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I actually really don't care for it.

The choir is fine but if this is the best they have, I'm lowering my expectations for the record.

You spend the entire song waiting for something to take off and it's just stagnant.

BzhmW.png

I actually really don't care for it.

The choir is fine but if this is the best they have, I'm lowering my expectations for the record.

You spend the entire song waiting for something to take off and it's just stagnant.

But the build-up...AND THE PAY-OFF.

This shit is anthemic, I can think of some reasons someone might dislike it but being stagnant is not one of them. I don't know I'm stanning hard right now but I don't think it's bias, the chorus as the song goes on just bulldozes me.

I mean they've done like 5 songs live that you could check out I suppose. "Mosquito" is good  :sass:

Keep listening :oprah:

But the build-up...AND THE PAY-OFF.

This shit is anthemic, I can think of some reasons someone might dislike it but being stagnant is not one of them. I don't know I'm stanning hard right now but I don't think it's bias, the chorus as the song goes on just bulldozes me.

I mean they've done like 5 songs live that you could check out I suppose. "Mosquito" is good :sass:

Keep listening :oprah:

My boyfriend was unimpressed but like 30 mins later he wanted to listen to it again because it grew on him

BzhmW.png

My boyfriend was unimpressed but like 30 mins later he wanted to listen to it again because it grew on him

You chose your boyfriend wisely.

It's like "Dull Life" meets "Fancy" passed through a "Modern Things" filter. I couldn't have asked for more.

P.S. I'm willing to hand out downloads since it's not available to purchase yet and I want to get people on my level of stanning.

You chose your boyfriend wisely.

It's like "Dull Life" meets "Fancy" passed through a "Modern Things" filter. I couldn't have asked for more.

P.S. I'm willing to hand out downloads since it's not available to purchase yet and I want to get people on my level of stanning.

HAND 'EM OUT. NOW. 

OH MY GOD THE FIRST SINGLE IS COMING NEXT MONDAY AND IT'S CALLED SACRILEGE AND THE ALBUM COVER IS RIDICULOUS BUT I CAN'T POST IT BECAUSE I'M AT SCHOOL.

Titles so far:

- Despair

- Nitrous Batcave

- Mosquito

- Earth

- Subway

- Always

- Sacrilege

01 Sacrilege

02 Subway

03 Mosquito

04 Under the Earth

05 Slave

06 These Paths

07 Area 52

08 Buried Alive [ft. Dr. Octagon]

09 Always

10 Despair

11 Wedding Song

Nitrous Batcave is probably one of the 4 bonus tracks

BzhmW.png

01 Sacrilege

02 Subway

03 Mosquito

04 Under the Earth

05 Slave

06 These Paths

07 Area 52

09 Always

10 Despair

11 Wedding Song

Nitrous Batcave is probably one of the 4 bonus tracks

lcgjuvkhnhcgjfxhzdgfsafdgthkl'kkhgjhfzd where did you see this?

"Nitrous Batcave" is a confirmed title, but it's also supposed to be the song with Dr. Octagon, so maybe they changed the title? Otherwise bonus track for sure. Of which there are 4? :excited:

Finally, this is so great. They mentioned a song about alien invasion, I thought that would have been "Earth" but looks like it's probably "Area 52".

Okay the bonus tracks are just alternate versions :noparty: Actually their acoustic songs are usually fantastic so you win some, you lose some. Looks like Nitrous Batcave definitely got a name change.

But here we are:

01 Sacrilege
02 Subway
03 Mosquito
04 Under the Earth
05 Slave
06 These Paths
07 Area 52
09 Always
10 Despair
11 Wedding Song

12 Subway (NOLA Demo)

13 Wedding Song (Acoustic)

14 Despair (Acoustic)

15 Mosquito (Live from YYYs Bunker Studio)

And "Sacrilege" is now available on iTunes!

Looks like I'll be getting the standard unless the deluxe has an alternate cover

Edit: eh I don't consider the deluxe cover that much of a variation

Yeah it just cuts out the baby.

Qfthj3i.png

I really love Sac. :flutter: The choir took me back to my Baptists church roots. 

Give me tea YYYs. :crying:

Good :come:

If you had told me a year ago that someday I'd be channeling Aretha during a YYYs song I would have spat in your food. And here we are.

Okay so its semi-apparent that the band is getting a little domesticated with a title like "Wedding Song" and there aren't gonna be any more songs about dick size (of which they have two :deadbanana:), but I'm ready to be able to wed to a Yeah Yeah Yeahs song. READY.

Fucking "Warrior" and "The Sweets" though :wipe:

To listen to one without the other is just blasphemy :wipe:

I know they're going upbeat and Karen is married and a track called "Despair" has been called uplifting but I need more gut-wrenching emotional stuff like this. I guess that means that Show Your Bones will always be special. You know, with all their various successful directions, they sure make it easy to be a fan :flutter: