Sign in to follow this  
Trash Magic

Album on Lana's website in 2005

All credit to @cartoon eyes for somehow identifying the album that was on lizzigrant.com in 2005 and sharing the info with me.

tbsmp.jpeg

The Ordinary – Don't Let Me Die A Waiter

61D79X6X68L.jpg

I grabbed a copy on eBay dirt cheap and was lowkey hoping to hear some Lana backing vocals or some lyrics that made me think :O But no...

There is one interesting thing about it though. The bassist for the band was none other than... Josh Kemp! The World of Warcraft addict who inspired universally lauded Song of The Decade Video Games:gclap:

fQtlkPb.jpeg

This is interesting as it suggests his and Lana's relationship goes back further than originally thought.

Here's an article I found on the singer of the band who, surprisingly, is British and from Liverpool???

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/nyc-gig-scouser-lennon-tribute-3550414

I ripped the CD for any interested in listening as there's no audio available online. The album is from 2004.

Listen at your own discretion the songs are pretty unremarkable but it's a cool insight into her very early musical inspirations nonetheless

https://dbree.org/v/20558c

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

That's so interesting. I knew her and Josh's history went back pretty far because we have that one picture of them where Lana's in the pink shirt, but I never knew he had a band. I'll have to check it out

imageproxy.jpg

Josh being in a band could definitely add to some certain Lanalysis theories that people have :coffee: But more importantly, I actually really like this album. It's gonna be one I go back to for sure

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

it’s a 2004 album by a local band i think they probably pressed it in 64 kbps :deadbanana:

can’t spek it to confirm though right now

I can :deadbanana:

Edit - also there's only 5 songs in it :deadbanana:

Just in case for whatever reason pics of the album go missing - I took these from an ebay listing for ~$9.47 USD + shipping 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Ordinary-CD-Dont-let-me-die-a-waiter-Fast-Free-P-P-/334052909610?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Vh6Jfhd.jpg

loIq6Cb.jpg

5rcsDRa.jpg

lPqTY1H.jpg

does this fuel the theory that "k" is actually just josh kemp?

i've theorized that lana's & k's relationship took place in 2005, possibly mid-2005, considering the difference between young like me (introspective, yet positive & light-hearted) & from the end (features a lot of the melancholic tracks which were later included on sirens) also, for k, pt. 2 reveals that "k" is a musician, also... "the way your hair come down, it make you look older"

just something to think about... :oopna2:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i've theorized that lana's & k's relationship took place in 2005, possibly mid-2005, considering the difference between young like me (introspective, yet positive & light-hearted) & from the end (features a lot of the melancholic tracks which were later included on sirens) also, for k, pt. 2 reveals that "k" is a musician, also... "the way your hair come down, it make you look older"

this is very anti climactic if that’s the case lmao

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

this is very anti climactic if that’s the case lmao

idk i still like to believe that "k" really is somebody mysterious who really was executed, who she's also still writing about to this day :oopna2:

i believe bel air is possibly about "k" :oopna2:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Just now, Surf Noir said:

idk i still like to believe that "k" really is somebody mysterious who really was executed, who she's also still writing about to this day :oopna2:

i believe bel air is possibly about "k" :oopna2:

that’s what i want to believe too - hence why the josh = k theory is anti climatic

still interesting though!

Spoiler

also i’ve missed your positivity on lb today :oprah:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

That's what I was thinking about too. I was also thinking about Radio and the parallels between the story behind it and what we know about Lana and Josh's history (although I'm honestly not super up to date on my Lana history lol, so that could be a complete stretch)

imageproxy.jpg