Sirens - Winter

AKA - Summer

Born To Die - Winter

Paradise - Fall

Ultraviolence - HOT, DREARY Summer

Honeymoon - Summer

Lust For Life - Early Summer

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Late Summer/Early Fall

And I predict that WHF/LDR7 is going to be a HOT, BURNING SUMMER album. 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

lana albums as seasons

btd: season 10 of project runway

paradise: season 7 of 30 rock

uv: season 1 of the affair

hm: season 3 of star trek: the next generation

lfl: season 5 of teletubbies

nfr: season 17 of dr phil

it's just the way i feel

lana albums as seasons

btd: season 10 of project runway

paradise: season 7 of 30 rock

uv: season 1 of the affair

hm: season 3 of star trek: the next generation

lfl: season 5 of teletubbies

nfr: season 17 of dr phil

agree with most but LFL is clearly season 7 of teletubbies, not 5. S7 aired in 2016 in the wake of president trump's elect, but the episodes themselves focus on being carefree, having fun and holding out hope even in the face of fascist turmoil - episodes like "silly sausages" see children having fun in the park, "sing song" sees laa laa make up a pretty little song that she then shares with the other teletubbies, "ballet" features dipsy and the tiddlytubbies dancing all episode long. when the world was at war we kept dancing indeed. however, it was not a season that completely ignored the cultural climate surrounding it - much like LFL as an album, it had moments of reflection and personal introspection. take the episode "reflections", for example - the teletubbies notice their reflection in a puddle (a statement on our ever-shifting climates, when you consider that towards the end of the episode the sun comes back out, shining bright as if its a hot summer day) then as dipsy bends down to further inspect his reflection in a way he hasn't before, his hat falls off and gets wet, emphasising the idea that now our titular characters are beginning to understand these personal investigations into their mind, their mirrored images and their entire state of being not only have an existential and philosophical value, but a real world one, too. while dipsy is undoubtedly disappointed to have gotten his hat wet, it urges him to consider how he can apply these internal ideas into external life, because these personal reflections of ours not only exist in the real world but can impact it too. change is a powerful thing, people are powerful beings.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Po's racist btw, she often hangs out with Tinky Winky and Laa-Laa, but not with Dipsy. Why? Because Dipsy's a teletubby of color. Dipsy however, loves playing with Po, it's sad. In some episodes Dipsy is even seen playing by himself, because nobody's around for him. He's often described as "stubborn" "sarcastic", etc, but this is just plain racism. Also, Laa-Laa's slightly homophobic but she's trying to better her life. She usually avoids Tinky Winky and prefers to play with the other 2 teletubbies, because of Tinky Winky's sexuality and feminine ways. However, throughout her lifetime she has grown as a teletubby and does try and hang out with Tinky Winky occasionally, to accept him and his sexuality, despite her homophobia. Po however, has shown no signs of growth. Teletubbies is a very politcal series, and I personally think each season fits in with the themes of Lust for Life.

I found all this out cause I had to do a presentation on teletubbies for english class one time. I was shocked and upset when my eyes were opened to the truth and it turned out it's not all just happiness and sunshine, but that's real life. The teletubbies are a representation of society. More info can be found on the Teletubbies wiki.

qfrWuBl.png

honestly, i think Teletubbies says a lot more about the political state of the world today than Lana could ever dream.  The nuanced and delicate ways this groundbreaking show addresses such important topics is far above and beyond the child-like pattering of Lust For Life.  While the Teletubbies seek a world where everyone is treated equally, receives a fair portion of Tubby Custard and Toast, and enjoys their day in the sun - they face challenges such as the pervasive tech industry's mass surveillance encroaching into their personal lives and even their own bodies through Tele Tummy Screen Implants, and dealing with the issues y'all described above like Dipsy's mistreatment as a Tubby of Color, Tinky Winky's sexuality, Po's tendency towards far right ideology, etc.  Lust For Life barely scratched the surface of these issues, and Lana is content to just go to church and forget about it because it doesn't really affect her.  I think comparing LFL to Teletubbies really sells the world of Teletubbies short.

honestly, i think Teletubbies says a lot more about the political state of the world today than Lana could ever dream.  The nuanced and delicate ways this groundbreaking show addresses such important topics is far above and beyond the child-like pattering of Lust For Life.  While the Teletubbies seek a world where everyone is treated equally, receives a fair portion of Tubby Custard and Toast, and enjoys their day in the sun - they face challenges such as the pervasive tech industry's mass surveillance encroaching into their personal lives and even their own bodies through Tele Tummy Screen Implants, and dealing with the issues y'all described above like Dipsy's mistreatment as a Tubby of Color, Tinky Winky's sexuality, Po's tendency towards far right ideology, etc.  Lust For Life barely scratched the surface of these issues, and Lana is content to just go to church and forget about it because it doesn't really affect her.  I think comparing LFL to Teletubbies really sells the world of Teletubbies short.

I personally disagree. I think Teletubbies and LFL show the current political climate in very simmilar ways. I think Teletubbies is an amazing representation of modern day society and the type of people we find in it. Po's racist, Laa-Laa's homophobic, but the show itself isn't directly showing the whole truth. Only after my research did my eyes open to it. It's all just glossed over, they send the message that if you just play together and eat custard together that all will be well, and there will be no worries. Just like how Lana says we just got to keep dancing through these tough times, and it'll all get better. But it doesn't get better, and that's the hard truth. Eating custard, playing together, dancing and performing on stage with a loving energy with a thematic emphasis on peace won't fix a world that's politically broken, but that's the message we are given by both Teletubbies and Lust for Life. Both are political, but send a politically blind message that gives its viewers and listeners false comfort.

qfrWuBl.png

I personally disagree. I think Teletubbies and LFL show the current political climate in very simmilar ways. I think Teletubbies is an amazing representation of modern day society and the type of people we find in it. Po's racist, Laa-Laa's homophobic, but the show itself isn't directly showing the whole truth. Only after my research did my eyes open to it. It's all just glossed over, they send the message that if you just play together and eat custard together that all will be well, and there will be no worries. Just like how Lana says we just got to keep dancing through these tough times, and it'll all get better. But it doesn't get better, and that's the hard truth. Eating custard, playing together, dancing and performing on stage with a loving energy with a thematic emphasis on peace won't fix a world that's politically broken, but that's the message we are given by both Teletubbies and Lust for Life. Both are political, but send a politically blind message that gives its viewers and listeners false comfort.

and i --

wow. a truly moving analysis.  you're right.  the sun doesn't always come out tomorrow, and both Lana and the Teletubbies are lying about it.  i heard the war was never over for the exploited voiceless across the globe, yet their stories are still not being paid attention to.  i cant wait for Lana's upcoming album "White Girl Woke For Now"

I mean, every era kinda has had a flower of sorts, I think it just became more subtle and with Norman it wasn't part of the album packaging, probably cos of the nautical theme but it was on the merch.

Born To Die - rose

Paradise - bird of paradise

Ultraviolence - hydrangea

Honeymoon - begonia (or summit - like the little red flowers)

Lust For Life - daisy

Norman Fucking Rockwell - lily

I mean, every era kinda has had a flower of sorts, I think it just became more subtle and with Norman it wasn't part of the album packaging, probably cos of the nautical theme but it was on the merch.

Born To Die - rose

Paradise - bird of paradise

Ultraviolence - hydrangea

Honeymoon - begonia (or summit - like the little red flowers)

Lust For Life - daisy

Norman Fucking Rockwell - grass