Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

in the 50s, yes. they shouldn't have. 

but in the 70s, they should've. they created that mess and the shah was their ally. if ford had won or reagan was president during that time, the revolution wouldn't have happened--bc no other president would have corresponded with radical islamists behind the back of a pro-western, secular friend. 

carter was the worst thing to happen to our world. 

The Shah murdered innocent people and political dissidents. Those radical Islamists were going to take over because of the Shah. It could have had a leftist revolutionary government but the Shah murdered the leftists in his country.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

WTF are we gonna do now???

depends on who you are? 

Americans: we only go after weak countries. We won't get involved aside from selling arms and artillery to Europe. Then after Europe blows itself to kingdom come (a war on the same continent most likely won't devolve to nuclear war, so dw about that, just regular missiles + cyber warfare), we can ensure the US remains the world super power for another 70 odd years by being the only major western country not in flames. We'll probably join the peace talks, create a new treaty/organization to "prevent something like this happening again" yada yada. Unlike WW1 and 2, we won't get involved in the war because we don't have to worry about our merchant ships being affected (in the case of the former), and a country like Japan in WW2 won't be dumb enough to randomly attack us. 

Europeans: Sit with each other in the trenches probably. 

Rest of the world: probably not much. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

depends on who you are? 

Americans: we only go after weak countries. We won't get involved aside from selling arms and artillery to Europe. Then after Europe blows itself to kingdom come (a war on the same continent most likely won't devolve to nuclear war, so dw about that, just regular missiles + cyber warfare), we can ensure the US remains the world super power for another 70 odd years by being the only major western country not in flames. We'll probably join the peace talks, create a new treaty/organization to "prevent something like this happening again" yada yada. Unlike WW1 and 2, we won't get involved in the war because we don't have to worry about our merchant ships being affected (in the case of the former), and a country like Japan in WW2 won't be dumb enough to randomly attack us. 

Europeans: Sit with each other in the trenches probably. 

Rest of the world: probably not much. 

VwRy5Vj.jpg

59 minutes ago, Mer said:

Oh ya that’s how a world war starts. 

I honestly don't understand why people keep saying this.

America and its allies have been attacking countries left and right for their economic benefit since the end of WW2 yet nobody batted an eyelash when that all happened. There was never the idea a new WW would start.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, TRENCH said:

Lol wtf 

i can't imagine how terrifying it must feel living in ukraine, now there's TWO countries invading, my heart is going out to ukraine, i hope people will be able to find refuge in other countries & will come out of this alive/with their loved ones

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

I honestly don't understand why people keep saying this.

America and its allies have been attacking countries left and right for their economic benefit since the end of WW2 yet nobody batted an eyelash when that all happened. There was never the idea a new WW would start.

maybe because its only the two countries involved. now that belarus is jumping in here AND with nato possibly getting to the point of needing to send soldiers, theres the possibility of WWIII

My friend in Kyiv wants people to sign this. It's important to her so I'm posting it here: https://www.openpetition.eu/petition/online/people-around-the-world-ask-nato-to-close-the-airspace-over-ukraine

You can also help by donating, if you are able, to organisations such as the Red Cross who are running an appeal for displaced Ukrainians. If you Google the Red Cross in your country, you should find your local site.

She is still in the same situation in the metro station - safe for now, but obviously wants go home and is very sad and scared about the condition of her country.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

My friend in Kyiv wants people to sign this. It's important to her so I'm posting it here: https://www.openpetition.eu/petition/online/people-around-the-world-ask-nato-to-close-the-airspace-over-ukraine

You can also help by donating, if you are able, to organisations such as the Red Cross who are running an appeal for displaced Ukrainians. If you Google the Red Cross in your country, you should find your local site.

She is still in the same situation in the metro station - safe for now, but obviously wants go home and is very sad and scared about the condition of her country.

ive signed it. i hope it helps <3

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

ive signed it. i hope it helps <3

Thanks. Honestly I don't think they will close it because I think most countries think that that would further antagonise Putin, but ... she asked me to share it, so

6 hours ago

More missiles launched from Mozyr after midnight

Spoiler

‼️ Creatures! I can't find another word! This is Belarus again and this is Mozyr again! Launch of the Iskander OTRK missile on the territory of Ukraine. This launch was fixed at 01:31. It's about to arrive...

5 hours ago

Norway announced the shipment of military equipment to Ukraine for defense against the Russian invasion

Spoiler

#ÚLTIMAHORA Norway announced the shipment of military equipment to Ukraine for defense against the Russian invasion

Putin's following a script laid down by history that has constantly backfired or ended in complete destruction for the country pursuing it. But like every psychopath who fancies himself as a genius, he believes he's the one who it's going to end differently for. I just wish people like him took the cyanide or blew their brains out before they caused the massacres, not after.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, Desert lamp said:

I just found out I have relatives living in Ukraine (ofc) like even whole families too :ohno:

i know how you feel :ohno:

the day the invasion was officially starting, i learned that my cousin lived in Ukraine with his wife and daughter's :ohno:

i think they should be okay by now

9 hours ago, The Siren said:

China would side with NATO?? Idk bout that

I think he's right in that I very much doubt Xi would tolerate Putin using nukes. That would be bad for every country, including China.

China's language hasn't been as pro-Russian as I envisioned. Yes, they allowed Russian wheat imports, and yes their ambassador posted some anti-American bullshit, but (afaik) they haven't said anything in clear support of Russia, and they haven't condemned the West for assisting Ukraine. They're very much on the fence which isn't ideal but it could be worse. 

45 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think he's right in that I very much doubt Xi would tolerate Putin using nukes. That would be bad for every country, including China.

China's language hasn't been as pro-Russian as I envisioned. Yes, they allowed Russian wheat imports, and yes their ambassador posted some anti-American bullshit, but (afaik) they haven't said anything in clear support of Russia, and they haven't condemned the West for assisting Ukraine. They're very much on the fence which isn't ideal but it could be worse. 

and tbh it doesnt concern them. theyre not strong allies with any of NATO nor with Russia, UA or Belarus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/ukraine-invasion-russia-apology-oleg-anisimov-b2024571.html

https://newsrnd.com/news/2022-02-27-oleg-anisimov--russian-climate-diplomat-apologizes-for-invasion-of-ukraine.SydAXFtx5.html

Oleg Anisimow, a Russian diplomat, apologized in front of the UN for the invasion and said there‘s no excuses for it. 

Very brave. :party:I think he‘s the first diplomat who speaks out against Putin. Maybe more will follow! 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible