Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

19 hours ago, BlueINK said:

That's Russian war propaganda. Putin and Russia have everything to lose.

What I write and how I mean it and how you read/understand/interpret my stuff are 2 different pairs of shoes. In no way I have ever done any Russian war propaganda here. I know I have many questions, we all post facts, our impressions and feelings, speculations. That’s what I have done too. And the first part of my last comment was soley about Putin - the impression he makes on me, NOT about Russia. But whatever is wrong with him, and I guess you all agree that at least mentally nothing is ok with that guy, NOTHING justifies a war!

(I don’t know if that guy has physical probs too, he looks very bloated like he would take meds (or his is on drugs) and I noticed there have been articles and speculations about his health for quite some time. This is what I meant when I said it kinda feels like he has nothing to lose, like his days are numbered, and he knows it. Again this is only my impression and that doesn’t justify what he has done.
Just to quote a Ukrainian woman: ‘bad health and a short life for Putin!‘ I agree!!)

Stay Safe Everyone ❤️

There's a story going around about how a Russian warship wanted to refuel at a port in Georgia and the Georgian port master said no and gave the captain a pair of oars

I hope it's true :oic2:

Anyway the talks in Belarus have commenced so it will be interesting to see what Putin is willing to concede, if anything

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Ariana said:

What I write and how I mean it and how you read/understand/interpret my stuff are 2 different pairs of shoes. In no way I have ever done any Russian war propaganda here.

I meant that's what the Russian government would like us to believe, not that you're spreading false info.

I agree, he has nothing to lose if he's very ill. That's why I wish hin good health lol or a death so sudden he can't finalize his plans.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Happening now: UN General Assembly meets on the Russian invasion of Ukraine

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-28-22/h_9ec2f17c02e055e7121adf25b3cf12bb

1 civilian dead and 31 wounded in latest shelling in Kharkiv, city council says

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-28-22/h_b49e2a7d3134ac99510b03a142a571a1

Canada will send an additional $25 million in military aid to support Ukraine

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-28-22/h_b49e2a7d3134ac99510b03a142a571a1

Girl Switzerland entered the sanctions game  

its ova 

oprah-maya-angelou.gif

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-28-22/h_771731f1d329bfb7b0d173dc4c45c891

Switzerland will forego "Swiss neutrality" and adopt the same sanctions as EU against Russia

On Monday, Switzerland announced that it will forego its commitment to “Swiss neutrality” in favor of adopting sanctions against Russia, Swiss Federal President Ignazio Cassis said, adding that Switzerland’s sanctions will be in line with those already adopted by the European Union. 

“The Swiss Federal Council has decided today to fully adopt EU sanctions,” Cassis said during a news briefing. “It is an unparalleled action of Switzerland, who has always stayed neutral before.”

“Russia's attack is an attack on freedom, an attack on democracy, an attack on the civil population, and an attack on the institutions of a free country. This cannot be accepted regarding international law, this cannot be accepted politically, and this cannot be accepted morally,” Cassis added. 

Edited by TRENCH
added article context

Y'ALL THE SANCTIONS ARE WORKING

Russian oligarchs criticise Putin in open letter and demand and end of the invasion :popcorn:

https://globeecho.com/news/europe/germany/russian-oligarchs-criticize-the-kremlin/

"Billionaire Oleg Deripaska has called for an 'end to state capitalism' in Russia"... a bit ironic but whatever. Main thing is, the rich are mad :smokes:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I think its important to note that you shouldn't feel guilty if it's all to much and walk away from the news for a day or two. Health professionals have advised that excessive doomscrolling can negatively impact existing mental health issues.

Here's a site that can help you set boundaries etc - https://www.endocrineweb.com/news/what-is-doomscrolling-and-how-to-stop

Look after yourselves and your well being xx

I'm not at home but I'm thinking of doing a good news thread at the weekend. We need to remember the wonderful things out there in the world as well as acknowledged the terrible things. Pet Photos, Fun memories and good news stories we can share etc to uplift each other. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

4 hours ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I'm not at home but I'm thinking of doing a good news thread at the weekend. We need to remember the wonderful things out there in the world as well as acknowledged the terrible things. Pet Photos, Fun memories and good news stories we can share etc to uplift each other. 

yes please i need some of that :cryney:

https://liveuamap.com/ is gone :cryney:

This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in liveuamap.com.
If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I saw a news story on TV in which the neo-Nazi militias were called patriots defending their lands.

I hate this. Putin is making the Nazi problem WORSE with this war.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I saw a news story on TV in which the neo-Nazi militias were called patriots defending their lands.

I hate this. Putin is making the Nazi problem WORSE with this war.

im not judging or shading I’m just wondering why you believe Putin’s talking points on this topic?

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Just now, Mer said:

im not judging or shading I’m just wondering why you believe Putin’s talking points on this topic?

I have seen the Ukranian neo-Nazis. There are pictures and videos of them. Putin isn't lying when he talks about the Nazi situation there, though all he's doing is pushing more people into their arms.

giphy.gif

the poc international students/workers that are stuck in ukraine are facing so much racism right now, some are even denied transportation services to flee, prioritizing the white refugees. its unreal. you'd think that times like these would bring out the best in humanity, people would overcome their prejudices, but no. same old shit. 

Just now, House of Balloons said:

the poc international students/workers that are stuck in ukraine are facing so much racism right now, some are even denied transportation services to flee, prioritizing the white refugees. its unreal. you'd think that times like these would bring out the best in humanity, people would overcome their prejudices, but no. same old shit. 

this shit is everywhere its sickening ew1 

19 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I have seen the Ukranian neo-Nazis. There are pictures and videos of them. Putin isn't lying when he talks about the Nazi situation there, though all he's doing is pushing more people into their arms.

I expect that you would also have been cheering on Slobodan Milošević because of the Ustaše. (I know where that comes from - I have relatives who smile every time they hear about a German dying).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Just now, longtimeman said:

I expect that you would also have been cheering on Slobodan Milošević because of the Ustaše. (I know where that comes from - I have relatives who smile every time they hear about a German dying).

yikes :bebe: