Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

yeah, some essential foods have already pretty much disappeared where i am 

I need to go shopping super early on Monday to avoid the empty shelves.

giphy.gif

Ukrainian woman whose village was stormed by Russian soldiers says they wore her clothes, stole money, and drunkenly shot off her husband's leg

Zina Kilko told CNN that the Russian soldiers were acting out of control as they ransacked her home in a village close to Brovary, an eastern suburb of Kyiv, over the weekend.

"They wore my woman's hat, my coat, my boots. They wore our clothes, they took our bedding ... I don't know what they've done with it," Kilko told CNN in an emotional interview. "They slept, they ate, they wandered about. They stole our money."

Kilko also told CNN one of the Russian soldiers was drunk and used a stolen shotgun to blow her husband's leg off. Two of the Russian soldiers later admitted that they didn't support Putin's invasion of Ukraine, Kilko added.

She attended to her husband in the basement of their home for two days before bringing him to the main hospital in Brovary, which is where CNN interviewed her.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainian-woman-whose-village-stormed-101536095.html

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

As far as anything in the fog of war can be said to be true, this seems to be true. And although dictators always tend towards madness, their madness always seems to follow the same script. And part of that script is that even the ones who are clever enough to have studied history (like Putin is), they all think they're the exception to the inevitable rule. Or to put it another way, they're like the guy falling from a tall building passing the tenth floor and thinking 'So far, so good!'

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

4 hours ago, The Siren said:

I think Putin keeps firing generals from his military. Eight so far (if that's true). So yeah they're going down the drain. 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/fuming-putin-fires-generals-over-ukraine-invasion-losses/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10598315/Ukraine-war-Putin-fires-eight-generals-rages-FSB-battlefield-failures.html

Trigger warning!

Spoiler

Anyway, that's generally a good sign but so far of no use to the Ukrainians. A few days ago on TV I saw a Ukrainian man being interviewed. He said a group of Russian soldiers raped a 15 year old girl and filmed it. Why do soldiers always rape girls and women? What's going on with that?? 

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-03-29/itv-news-hears-allegations-of-russian-troops-filming-rape-of-15-year-old-girl

https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/ukraine-woman-claims-invading-russian-soldiers-killed-raped-locals/

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

10 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I think Putin keeps firing generals from his military. Eight so far (if that's true). So yeah they're going down the drain. 

https://nypost.com/2022/03/10/fuming-putin-fires-generals-over-ukraine-invasion-losses/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10598315/Ukraine-war-Putin-fires-eight-generals-rages-FSB-battlefield-failures.html

Trigger warning!

Hide contents

Anyway, that's generally a good sign but so far of no use to the Ukrainians. A few days ago on TV I saw a Ukrainian man being interviewed. He said a group of Russian soldiers raped a 15 year old girl and filmed it. Why do soldiers always rape girls and women? What's going on with that?? 

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-03-29/itv-news-hears-allegations-of-russian-troops-filming-rape-of-15-year-old-girl

https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/ukraine-woman-claims-invading-russian-soldiers-killed-raped-locals/

:cryney:

i see, there's so much comments here about all this awful stuff, that's going on now
well, in fact, i'm Ukrainian myself, from Kyiv. i'm now 2 months in Germany with my family, in the safe place. before that, we were driving 5 days on our old car. for some time we weren't eating normally and at any moment, bombs could be dropped on us. and I saw with my own eyes russian planes
there's also rumour, that Ukraine was bombing Donbass for 8 yrs and that's not true. we have lots of friends there (my mother is from Luhansk) and they were talking about terrorism from russian "soldiers" like killing civilians because they don't want to get a russian passport.

i don’t know what’s gonna happen next. and what putin is gonna do. i'm sorry for cursing, but i'm so f*cking scared about my friends and boyfriend (he's 17), who stayed there

i'm feeling so blue, every day i ask myself how this could've happened
that's like being violently uprooted and being thrown in acid

Unpopular opinion (not offensive)....

I find it so embarrassing how wealthy western countries will have gas and electricity restrictions like some 3rd world countries because they listened to big daddy 'Murica to sanction Russia. What made them to literally bite the hand that feeds them? Probably had received some serious threats. Now America will profit from countries that will ship gas from them, expand NATO's boarders, 'colonize' Ukraine by burying them in credit for all the military stuff etc. It's a win-win baby. Where was the same energy for Israel? The EU can't claim to be all for human rights but completely ignore when an ally to the US is doing something very similar. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

29 minutes ago, shady said:

Unpopular opinion (not offensive)....

I find it so embarrassing how wealthy western countries will have gas and electricity restrictions like some 3rd world countries because they listened to big daddy 'Murica to sanction Russia. What made them to literally bite the hand that feeds them? Probably had received some serious threats. Now America will profit from countries that will ship gas from them, expand NATO's boarders, 'colonize' Ukraine by burying them in credit for all the military stuff etc. It's a win-win baby. Where was the same energy for Israel? The EU can't claim to be all for human rights but completely ignore when an ally to the US is doing something very similar. 

Winter is coming and people have to pay double or triple for gas in my country, electricity costs are rising. But they know that Russia is responsible for this, not their government. We have become too dependent, but we will not play Putin's game and finance his wars.

33 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Winter is coming and people have to pay double or triple for gas in my country, electricity costs are rising. But they know that Russia is responsible for this, not their government. We have become too dependent, but we will not play Putin's game and finance his wars.

I mean, Russia is a big country, it's normal for a small European country to be dependent on something, assuming you're from a small country since the majority are small. I don't see why's more ethical to import gas from America that constantly bombs other countries. Some countries sanctioned Russia but still choose to buy gas but they have to pay in rubles (Germany I think), which I think is more expensive because the ruble is inflating. So they're technically still financing Russia. 

(feel free to correct me because I get this info from newspapers since I don't see a lot of post war data) 

We're fucked either way and I can't believe I thought that the world will be back to normal after spring of 2020 quarantine or after vaccines. Time to buy cute cozy sweaters. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

So now Putin has ordered a partial conscription of 300,000 reserves and flights out of Russia have sold out

Some people I know had to go back (mostly due to money, family, or countries not renewing their visas because they're Russian) but thankfully most of them have Jewish ancestry so the current trend is to get an Israeli passport so they can gtfo 

My friend from Kyiv is now staying in the mountains close to the Romanian border so she can cross if she needs to

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So now Putin has ordered a partial conscription of 300,000 reserves and flights out of Russia have sold out

Some people I know had to go back (mostly due to money, family, or countries not renewing their visas because they're Russian) but thankfully most of them have Jewish ancestry so the current trend is to get an Israeli passport so they can gtfo 

My friend from Kyiv is now staying in the mountains close to the Romanian border so she can cross if she needs to

he has also decided on holding a referendum in the annexed eastern parts of ukraine, which is worse than the 300000 reserves he has sent .

2 minutes ago, Semafori said:

he has also decided on holding a referendum in the annexed eastern parts of ukraine, which is worse than the 300000 reserves he has sent .

Yeah

So then they will "democratically" choose to be a part of Russia and if Ukraine attempts to reclaim it he will consider it a declaration of war against Russia

Scary seeing what he does when he is backed into a corner huh

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream