Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

Just now, Surf Noir said:

:oprah2: omg seriously? that is so fucked up, this is so scary

yeah that was reported yesterday. russia denies it, but reality is what it is. russian media is state funded as far as i'm aware, so they kind of say what the government wants people to hear

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

33 minutes ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I've literally just woken up to this. Putin isn't scared of sanctions or half baked threats. He's gotten away with violating the sovereignty of other countries and invading before. He won't stop BC he knows damn full well the likes of my country (UK) won't do anything meaningful to stop him. Like seizing all Russian oligarchs assets, money, properties etc and not giving them back at all.  

I'm no expert on sanctions but if I'm not mistaken, one of the biggest banks in Russia (if not THE biggest bank) is Sberbank - in fact, it's one of the biggest banks in Europe - and it was not on the list of sanctioned banks. It's owned by the Russian government so WTF?

That said, the problem with sanctions is that you go too far with them and you hurt normal people, who have done nothing to deserve it. Just like how there are people starving in Afghanistan because of sanctions.

All these politicians need to sort their shit out, and fast. We do not want WW3.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Can everyone take a chill pill no one's nuking anyone over Ukraine. No offence to Ukranians who I'm hoping can manage to get through this with as few casualties as possible. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

Can everyone take a chill pill no one's nuking anyone over Ukraine. No offence to Ukranians who I'm hoping can manage to get through this with as few casualties as possible. 

i think the concern was if the united states/other countries get involved?

(idk for sure honestly i don't know a lot about this particular subject :bebe:)

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think the concern was if the united states/other countries get involved?

(idk for sure honestly i don't know a lot about this particular subject :bebe:)

3 weeks ago they said an invasion would result in sanctions and no military involvement. France and Germany rejected Ukraine's joining of NATO. So far, none of that has changed. No US politician wants to go to Ukraine. And the Biden admin, wounded over the apparent loss in Afghanistan under their watch, is being very careful with foreign policy. The last thing they need is an LBJ-esque Vietnam War to ruin chances of Democrats winning the presidency until the late 2030s/early 2040s. 

This will likely end with some new annexation of Ukrainian states, some lukewarm sanctions, and a lot of political hand smacking. 

The issue with this is that it might embolden China to go after Taiwan. However, personally, and I only had very limited political education during my time at university, Taiwan necessitates war, Ukraine does not. But that's for a different thread that I'm sure will be in made in 2027 when China does start moving into taking over Taiwan. 

36 minutes ago, DownhillLullaby said:

Ukraine has had neo-Nazis in its government for awhile. So this is just endlessly amusing. In the worst way.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

true, but russia is threatening it. threats eventually becomes actions, retaliation happens, etc. what's got me worried about it is if russia attacks the us with cyber attacks and the us calls it an action of war... the us may retaliate with cyber attacks and russia will attack the us. it's scary how close we are

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don't think anyone's saying that. Someone asked what weapons Russia has and I answered that they have nukes. Because they do. 

That's not to say they'll use them but they're definitely a deterrent in terms of other countries' willingness to jump in.

In reality nothing will happen. Biden and friends will apply some more bullshit sanctions, Putin will do whatever he wants in Ukraine and rinse repeat in a few years China will do the same in Taiwan

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

I don't think anyone's saying that. Someone asked what weapons Russia has and I answered that they have nukes. Because they do. 

That's not to say they'll use them but they're definitely a deterrent in terms of other countries' willingness to jump in.

In reality nothing will happen. Biden and friends will apply some more bullshit sanctions, Putin will do whatever he wants in Ukraine and rinse repeat in a few years China will do the same in Taiwan

oh no i totally agree with you. 

this was not at all about that post you made, i think you are one of the only ones here with a nuanced and realistic view on the topic. 

this was more general about some status updates and other chirping on twitter. 

5 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Sis it is way more complicated than that

Innocent people are gonna get killed (and have been killed) just because one guy has nostalgia for an era gone by

Sis, it is way more complicated than that...

I am afraid that world war III is about to start.. 

A pandemic and then fear for war.. it's like we are living in the 1920s once again.. history repeating itself 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

5 hours ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I've literally just woken up to this. Putin isn't scared of sanctions or half baked threats. He's gotten away with violating the sovereignty of other countries and invading before. He won't stop BC he knows damn full well the likes of my country (UK) won't do anything meaningful to stop him. Like seizing all Russian oligarchs assets, money, properties etc and not giving them back at all.  

the problem is that russia has been working on its independence for years to make sure that it won't suffer that bad from western sanctions, so they wouldn't be that effective, plus they would cost A LOT for western countries, so the chances of any harsh sanctions happening is pretty slim.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

56 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

As an European im shitting myself tbh

same... ukraine is literally our next door neighbour :ohno:

Spoiler

plus our leader is in putin's ass all the time, which makes things a 100x scarier  :facepalm:

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

This is some wild news to wake up to. But the thing that confuses me the most is why I kept reading reports that - in the leading days before invasion - Kiev denied all reports that Russia was going to come into their territory? If it smells like a dog, acts like a dog, it’s probably a dog right? AKA by Lizzy Grant if there are tanks lining up at your border chances are they’re coming in?