Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

Its just wild to me a WAR in 2022? It’s just an archaic thing, we have plenty of ways to go through this, negotiations, a call lmao its just crazy im losing my mind 

as my history teacher said in spanish “Debemos conocer la historia, para no repetirla” which translates to “we must know the history, so we don’t repeat it” and it’s true it’s true…

original.gif

Do we think that the ramifications will be only on an economic level from the other countries? If not i think that a world war would be imminent 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

34 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Do we think that the ramifications will be only on an economic level from the other countries? If not i think that a world war would be imminent 

ive felt this for months. im not claiming to be an oracle or anything credible. but ive been having surreal ass dreams and epiphanies about a third world war. Taiwan/China , Nk/Sk, Israel/Palestine, and Ukraine/Russia all give me this feeling of “seizing the moment”. I thought it would begin February 11th but that ended up being another significant moment for me on a different subject. Idk when, but its cooking, and it makes me so fearful.  America is already well on its way to another recession (like the fifth one in the last three years haha) ATP america feels like such an obsolete force in the world that theres no way they can “playground para” their way through this.

31 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Afaik Ukraine doesn't have enough of the stuff that the powerful countries care about, or that can't be obtained elsewhere (oil, gas, iron ore, etc) so they won't bother sending troops

A few more meaningless sanctions and that'll be all, unless Putin decides to be even more unhinged and go for a NATO country

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

If you've got a strong stomach and are not easily triggered there's a sub-reddit called r/UkraineWarProjectReport that includes on the ground footage. 

One of the most frightening things on there I've seen so far is a missile going over the head of an Australian journalist while he was looking for cover. 

Please be careful of any thing you do share aswell. Russia is well known to use social media to gauge where 'enemy' military units are. Only use official sources such as the BBC, CNN etc if possible. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

8 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

This is hitler level shit. they have a kill list of ukrainians and they want to send them to camps too. what does this mean for other neighboring countries? will they face the same fate? fuck.

Not (just) Hitler, these are Stalin methods. They recently banned a foundation or whatever dedicated to the victims of the Stalin regime.

So basically, Putin supports what Stalin did. And he was not one bit better than Hitler and THAT is scary.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Please look at this if you can. It includes official links and where you can donate if you want to help <3 

https://ukraine.ua/news/stand-with-ukraine/ 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

1 hour ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I don't think any other countries will do anything, Russia will just do what they want and they will likely do it pretty quick. Will be interesting if they only "take back" those couple of areas or if they will try and take over Ukraine as a whole.

The USA and UK etc will complain about it but really they don't care, they have nothing to gain or lose. Same as other countries didn't like them attacking Afghanistan and Iraq etc or Israel attacking Palestine but it's not their business  so they let it go.

3 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

I'm screaming

petitions rarely ever do shit, i don't understand why stan twitter thinks signing some online request will prevent a war that's been inevitable since the russian annexation of crimea. if life was that simple, palestine would've brought its land back tens of years ago. 

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Afaik Ukraine doesn't have enough of the stuff that the powerful countries care about, or that can't be obtained elsewhere (oil, gas, iron ore, etc) so they won't bother sending troops

A few more meaningless sanctions and that'll be all, unless Putin decides to be even more unhinged and go for a NATO country

Not sure that is the (sole) reason the NATO countries aren‘t sending troops. Russia is a nuclear power and Putin as you say obviously has become completely unhinged. If the NATO troops would get involved all these countries would be at war too and basically we‘d all be fucked. 

20230718-113117.gif

Yeah the moment China wants to be a h0e and try to capture Taiwan at the same time this is happening, we are over 

Also before I went to bed at 1am i read that the mayors of a few Ukraine cities didn't want to evacuate people and made sure they would go "back to work in their factories at 6am"..... what??? that is such a disservice to your constituents. Evacuate your people no matter what!!! 

Is anybody here from Ukraine?

And also, is anybody here from Russia? I‘m interested in what the Russian people think of all this. Putin is obviously using strong war propaganda, like saying there was a genocide of pro-Russians happening in the Ukraine. Is anybody falling for that?

20230718-113117.gif

2 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Yeah the moment China wants to be a h0e and try to capture Taiwan at the same time this is happening, we are over 

why do you say that? i know absolutely nothing about this and i’m just trying to understand everything :heidi:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

All of this is just so fucked up and scary. I don't wanna say that I can't believe something like this could still happen in 2022 because that wouldn't be true, but it's still a horrifying situation regardless. 

imageproxy.jpg

i'm curious to know turkey's optics in this situation. it's a nato country but putin's russia has been applying a lot of pressure on erdogan, so mediation is kind of out of the equation(?). ukraine has also been urging turkey to close the detroits to block the black sea waterways to russian ships but turkey has yet to do any of that :awkney: