Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

why do you say that? i know absolutely nothing about this and i’m just trying to understand everything :heidi:

Taiwan claim to be independant of China but China see it as theirs but they just kind of ignore the situation. Now with Russia doing this to Ukraine, China might think they can take back Taiwan while everyone is interested in this.

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

why do you say that? i know absolutely nothing about this and i’m just trying to understand everything :heidi:

because china's military aircraft have been flying around taiwan's air zone for a while now, pretty sure they're on state of emergency right now 

24 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

I'm screaming

there’s something about gen z that thinks we can fix all our problems by signing petitions. people just want to be included in something that ultimately serves no purpose.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

3 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

there’s something about gen z that thinks we can fix all our problems by signing petitions. people just want to be included in something that ultimately serves no purpose.

they really think the russians will hold an emergency meeting like 'guys, we HAVE to ceasefire, user arianasdildo started a petition that has a million signatures' :sadcore4:

31 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

petitions rarely ever do shit, i don't understand why stan twitter thinks signing some online request will prevent a war that's been inevitable since the russian annexation of crimea. if life was that simple, palestine would've brought its land back tens of years ago. 

we exist in a time of overactivism and underaction. with the rise of social media now more than ever we have access to the fastest and most unbias WORLD news. This makes everyone want to solve everything, especially when they exist in a state of privelage/observation, like many people in first world countries. It also makes pretending to care so much easier for everyone. Once you have the proof that you supported said cause because you posted it on said day, its easier to not think about again. I think performative activism especially on platforms like instagram and twitter are perpetually more harmful than just staying silent tbh 

19 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i'm curious to know turkey's optics in this situation. it's a nato country but putin's russia has been applying a lot of pressure on erdogan, so mediation is kind of out of the equation(?). ukraine has also been urging turkey to close the detroits to block the black sea waterways to russian ships but turkey has yet to do any of that :awkney: 

Yeah i am really wondering what erdogan is going to do . He will lose something etheir way though if he chooses one side or another .  Also it’s a little hypocritical of him to talk about the  distortion of peace in europe when he flew aircrafts over greek territory this morning :delicious:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

13 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

we exist in a time of overactivism and underaction. with the rise of social media now more than ever we have access to the fastest and most unbias WORLD news. This makes everyone want to solve everything, especially when they exist in a state of privelage/observation, like many people in first world countries. It also makes pretending to care so much easier for everyone. Once you have the proof that you supported said cause because you posted it on said day, its easier to not think about again. I think performative activism especially on platforms like instagram and twitter are perpetually more harmful than just staying silent tbh haha

very well said. i've been also seeing a lot of people on reddit and twitter posting memes about the situation in the name of coping by the use of humor when in reality a coping mechanism isn't even applicable in this situation, not when you're not the victim of a war that will potentially leave hundreds of thousands of people dead, injured, and without homes. not to mention the inevitable economic crisis that has already started, a lot of countries that import wheat, corn, and oil have been going through major inflation (including my country) and people are already protesting and things could easily escalate to violence and even civil wars, coup d'état, etc. it's very damaging to belittle the situation while living in a safe country that'll probably go unaffected by making memes 'to cope'. 

1 minute ago, Voignamir said:

my country borders with Ukraine and i have relatives there, the sole thought that soon i could be in the middle of what Kharkov or Kyiv are right now makes me sick

Omg I hate sitting here completely powerless and it seems stupid as hell but I just wanna say I'm thinking of everybody in the Ukraine and close to it and I'm sending you so much love. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

1 minute ago, House of Balloons said:

very well said. i've been also seeing a lot of people on reddit and twitter posting memes about the situation in the name of coping by the use of humor when in reality a coping mechanism isn't even applicable in this situation, not when you're not the victim of a war that will potentially leave hundreds of thousands of people dead, injured, and without homes. not to mention the inevitable economic crisis that has already started, a lot of countries that import wheat, corn, and oil have been going through major inflation (including my country) and people are already protesting and things could easily escalate to violence and even civil wars, coup d'état, etc. it's very damaging to belittle the situation while living in safe country that'll probably go unaffected by making memes 'to cope'. 

seriously nothing has irked me more than seeing americans joke about “getting out of the draft” like this is america’s war????? i get heated typing it lol like ukrainians are forming literal MILITIAS in opposition to a real life jeopardization of their independence and rights???? i would say worms for brains but thats just the american system doing what it was designed to do! create narrow minded and diplomatically useless money makers!

4 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

apparently china is getting ready to launch against taiwan, they’ve already sent 9 air force planes. 

i dont wanna say i was right but, damn… its happening. this is so surreal. i guess when technology advances as fast as it does, so does everything else. war, inflation, chaos. 

6 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Omg I hate sitting here completely powerless and it seems stupid as hell but I just wanna say I'm thinking of everybody in the Ukraine and close to it and I'm sending you so much love. 

thank you

i had my military commission few months ago, i remember joking how stupid it is because there's no war or anything and well, now we're here

3 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

thank you

i had my military commission few months ago, i remember joking how stupid it is because there's no war or anything and well, now we're here

Omg same, I was waiting for the procedures to be over, I didn't want to go to the army or sumn

29 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Yeah i am really wondering what erdogan is going to do . He will lose something etheir way though if he chooses one side or another .  Also it’s a little hypocritical of him to talk about the  distortion of peace in europe when he flew aircrafts over greek territory this morning :delicious:

turkey (like every other country with interests) will only mention the distortion of peace when it's them in the line of fire. erdogan has been playing sides for years now to serve turkey's own interests, one moment he's an anti-war mediator (to further push the entry to eu agenda) and then one other moment you hear he's attacking Kurds with drones for gas. :awkney:

11 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

i dont wanna say i was right but, damn… its happening. this is so surreal. i guess when technology advances as fast as it does, so does everything else. war, inflation, chaos. 

i wouldn’t worry too much yet, they’re just preparing and ready to go if needed most likely. taiwan airspace is shared with china’s mainland, but russian troops were also occupying ukraine’s defense zone before they invaded so it’s possible.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Maybe this is better off as a status or a blog or something, but the world at the brink of war puts my own tiny world into perspective and makes me think about the ways I would change if I knew disaster could strike at any moment. Living with intentionality, spreading kindness, clearing the air of any grievances, practicing more and more empathy… While I personally don’t know people in Ukraine and Taiwan, I have friends who have family/friends there and I’m praying for tensions to die down, regardless of how improbable that might be at this point. My heart breaks for the civilians and armed forces alike who will go through the unimaginable. I wish I could do more. Hug your loved ones gorls :ohno: