Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

4 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

This woman protested during a live broadcast on Russia 1 which is one of the main state-owned TV channels

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-15/anti-war-protester-russian-television-stop-war-twitter-arrest/100909998

Brave af. I hope she's OK, though.

i saw this yesterday and didnt think to post it here :trisha:

shes so brave and dare i say iconic :trisha:

i hope this is the start of an overthrowing of the Putin dictatorship :true:

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i saw this yesterday and didnt think to post it here :trisha:

shes so brave and dare i say iconic :trisha:

i hope this is the start of an overthrowing of the Putin dictatorship :true:

Everything is becoming expensive af there

My friend in St Petersburg was saying how she went shopping and couldn't afford half the things she usually gets and lots of Russians are losing their jobs because of foreign companies leaving.

People will only tolerate poor living conditions for so long; especially when they are people who are accustomed to better standards

If I were Putin I'd be pretty worried about the domestic shitshow that's unfolding

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

My friend in St Petersburg was saying how she went shopping and couldn't afford half the things she usually gets and lots of Russians are losing their jobs because of foreign companies leaving.

People will only tolerate poor living conditions for so long; especially when they are people who are accustomed to better standards

If I were Putin I'd be pretty worried about the domestic shitshow that's unfolding

he already should be. unless he can get a better military/police together to 'contain the masses' then hes out of a chair :creepna2:

56 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

That could also go the wrong way though. Many Putin supporters will probably blame the "evil west" for their country's poverty. I hope they'll get out of their bubble soon.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

So Zelenskyy has stated that Ukraine accepts that they won’t be joining NATO: “It’s a truth and it must be recognised.”

Right or wrong; hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the conflict!

Sending peace and love. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Smoqueed said:

So Zelenskyy has stated that Ukraine accepts that they won’t be joining NATO: “It’s a truth and it must be recognised.”

Right or wrong; hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the conflict!

Sending peace and love. 

NATO doesn't accept countries that have any active territorial disputes so it was never going to happen, but I'm glad he's openly saying it

If Russia continues its barbaric assault on innocent people if that ^ is agreed to, then we all know that there really is an ulterior motive

It's just fucking heartbreaking seeing all the shared posts from people looking for missing loved ones and pets

The best part of this is that there is no coming back from this for Putin. You would expect that Russia would never be accepted back into any international groups while he's in charge, and I can't see him ever being allowed to travel to these other countries. Even if the war stops tomorrow, the damage is done, and I can't see other countries just putting it in the rear view mirror and wanting to work with him again.

I have a friend who's rich af and he really wants to donate a significant amount of either money or items to the refugee efforts in Poland, Moldova, Hungary, or any other country taking them in.

Is there anyone here from any of those countries that might have an idea of where to start or whom to contact (local organisations, etc)? He's not keen on donating to the large organisations (Red Cross etc) after a bad experience where his donations didn't get passed on to the actual people. He's even willing to travel there to help if he's wanted and if he won't be in the way.

If anyone can point us in the right direction please reply here or dm me. Thx.

17 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Here‘s a good list that also includes some local NGO‘s:

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/personal-finance/donate-relief-to-ukraine/

We donated to Unicef and I really wish there‘s more we could do. For a few days now, we have registered around 1000 refugees per day- including children with cancer who should actually be in treatment. It’s heartbreaking.

35 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I have a friend who's rich af and he really wants to donate a significant amount of either money or items to the refugee efforts in Poland, Moldova, Hungary, or any other country taking them in.

Is there anyone here from any of those countries that might have an idea of where to start or whom to contact (local organisations, etc)?

I love that. I donated clothes, hygiene products and medical products and really hope they actually arrived where they were supposed to arrive.

I mean, for Berlin, if you scroll down on this site 

https://allaboutberlin.com/guides/ukraine 

you'll find the option DONATE and it shows you organizations helping refugees here or the people in Ukraine which are approved by Vitsche, a Ukranian association in Berlin.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

7 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Is there anyone here from any of those countries that might have an idea of where to start or whom to contact (local organisations, etc)? He's not keen on donating to the large organisations (Red Cross etc) after a bad experience where his donations didn't get passed on to the actual people. He's even willing to travel there to help if he's wanted and if he won't be in the way.

thats really kind of them :cryney2:

hi everyone!

i think it's time to talk about situation in my country.

from the first day of the invasion of my country, I followed this topic, I was right in Ukraine. all I can say is that it is very scary and gloomy there, on the first day 3-4 bombs fell on my city, they all hit military targets, but only one hit the airport (the bomb fell on the airport again yesterday).

near my city there are Donetsk and Kharkov, two red dots where the fiercest battles take place. Kharkiv is my favorite city in Ukraine, I went there very often, but unfortunately, Kharkiv was bombed very badly, my friends were forced to leave there, because bombs were flying near their houses, even one of my friend’s houses was hit, people Survived and they are safe Thank God. I went to help volunteer centers, I helped the wounded and helped the military, who are now at the front.

I could only last one week. mentally, physically, emotionally it killed me. I'm safe now, I'm in another country. but I am very worried about my city and country, rockets are falling on my city again.

I am grateful to everyone in this thread who discusses this and helps! thanks to you, then I was able to calm myself and I understood that the whole world was interested in this!

xoxo, monsterxcx!

got the key can you unlock it?

2 minutes ago, monsterxcx said:

hi everyone!

from the first day of the invasion of my country, I followed this topic, I was right in Ukraine. all I can say is that it is very scary and gloomy there, on the first day 3-4 bombs fell on my city, they all hit military targets, but only one hit the airport (the bomb fell on the airport again yesterday).

near my city there are Donetsk and Kharkov, two red dots where the fiercest battles take place. Kharkiv is my favorite city in Ukraine, I went there very often, but unfortunately, Kharkiv was bombed very badly, my friends were forced to leave there, because bombs were flying near their houses, even one of my friend’s houses was hit, people Survived and they are safe Thank God. I went to help volunteer centers, I helped the wounded and helped the military, who are now at the front.

I could only last one week. mentally, physically, emotionally it killed me. I'm safe now, I'm in another country. but I am very worried about my city and country, rockets are falling on my city again.

I am grateful to everyone in this thread who discusses this and helps! thanks to you, then I was able to calm myself and I understood that the whole world was interested in this!

i’m really glad that you and your family are safe and you’re so brave for facing the fire while also helping people. hope this all dies down and you can return safely!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i’m really glad that you and your family are safe and you’re so brave for facing the fire while also helping people. hope this all dies down and you can return safely!

thank you so much! i believe and pray that this will all end soon, i really miss my home!

xoxo, monsterxcx!

got the key can you unlock it?

10 minutes ago, monsterxcx said:

hi everyone!

I‘m so sorry you had to go through all of this. I can't imagine how this must feel to you or what you had to endure. I hope that this senseless madness will stop soon. We are there for you if you need distraction or a serious conversation. :spin:

1 hour ago, monsterxcx said:

hi everyone!

:heart: katyanna1

2 hours ago, monsterxcx said:

hi everyone!

I'm so sorry you're going through this; I cannot imagine how awful it is to actually be living it. As you can see from the thread we all love and support you and your country (well, most of us ...)

Please continue to check in with us when and if you are able ❤

First and foremost please take care of yourself and I wish you, your loved ones and your country all the best. 

Слава Україні :heart: