Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Cola

I can't understand why Pepsi didn't approached Lana for some deal. Well maybe is because she advertises for free so why pay??

I love the song cola and you gotta love a girl who actually sings that "her pussy tastes like pepsi cola" . The fact that i said that had some disturbing parts ( which I don't think are disturbing anymore since you guy's explained the daddy thing) doesn't mean i don't like the song. Is actually one of my favorites.

glgcDdT.gif

I can't understand why Pepsi didn't approached Lana for some deal. Well maybe is because she advertises for free so why pay??

because diet mountain dew baby, New York City.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I'm actually surprised with some of these responses. I honestly think it is creepy how Lana calls her bfs daddy .If I remember correctly from the interview I believe lolitahey is referring to, even Lana admits to her “daddy” habit being a bit odd. It doesnt make sense to me why anybody would want to address someone they are attracted to sexually in a way that is synonymous with "father"--- if anything, that's the LAST IMAGE I would want to have when f*ck*** or simply flirting with someone. The same goes with "papi"-- very much cringe-worthy stuff.

Now I don’t know why this always feels like an awkward confession but I have always called my father "daddy" when talking to him or when he’s mentioned in conversations with my younger siblings. I switch from “daddy” to “dad” all the time. “Daddy” just so happens to be something that was common when growing up. Also, it just seems like a loving way to address my father sometimes. I’ve grown up in a very happy family (which I’m very thankful for) & have never had any horrible disasters happen that others commonly experience these days. There’s always that affectionate relationship going on even though I’m older. "Father", as others have said, seems too cold and calling him by his actual name feels too grown up(?) or just plain rude --i dk, it’s like overstepping that respectful manner I was raised to give my parents. When I'm talking about my father to others, however, I do refer to him as "dad" since that's most common.

Bottom line is that pet names in general confuse me & Im not a big fan of them either. I wonder why it’s normal for me, and others, to call their lover “baby” but not “daddy” or “mama” ect. because couldn’t the same argument be made with that? Sexualizing something that shouldn’t be… hmm my head is spinning with self-contradiction. Y IS LIFE CONFUSING?

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

I'm actually surprised with some of these responses. I honestly think it is creepy how Lana calls her bfs daddy .If I remember correctly from the interview I believe lolitahey is referring to, even Lana admits to her “daddy” habit being a bit odd. It doesnt make sense to me why anybody would want to address someone they are attracted to sexually in a way that is synonymous with "father"--- if anything, that's the LAST IMAGE I would want to have when f*ck*** or simply flirting with someone. The same goes with "papi"-- very much cringe-worthy stuff.

Now I don’t know why this always feels like an awkward confession but I have always called my father "daddy" when talking to him or when he’s mentioned in conversations with my younger siblings. I switch from “daddy” to “dad” all the time. “Daddy” just so happens to be something that was common when growing up. Also, it just seems like a loving way to address my father sometimes. I’ve grown up in a very happy family (which I’m very thankful for) & have never had any horrible disasters happen that others commonly experience these days. There’s always that affectionate relationship going on even though I’m older. "Father", as others have said, seems too cold and calling him by his actual name feels too grown up(?) or just plain rude --i dk, it’s like overstepping that respectful manner I was raised to give my parents. When I'm talking about my father to others, however, I do refer to him as "dad" since that's most common.

Bottom line is that pet names in general confuse me & Im not a big fan of them either. I wonder why it’s normal for me, and others, to call their lover “baby” but not “daddy” or “mama” ect. because couldn’t the same argument be made with that? Sexualizing something that shouldn’t be… hmm my head is spinning with self-contradiction. Y IS LIFE CONFUSING?

I don't think anyone calls their boyfriend and father "their daddy". I know that a lot of people call their fathers "daddy", it is more warm and loving than "father" but it really depends on the relationship you have with your father. You find it creepy that Lana calls her boyfriend "daddy" because that's a term you associate with your father, she doesn't. I call some of my friends "baby" because I think it shows you love and care about them. I don't think many parents call their children "baby" though.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I think it's more of a Hollywood, 50s-and-earlier-decades thing to call a boyfriend daddy. At least, I've seen it more in old movies (usually by a ditzy character) than anywhere in contemporary culture or real life.

"Daddy" and "father" aside, I do think she's just plain talking about old Rob Grant when she says "dad" in Cola.

Agreed.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

What about calling a lover "baby" That's super common. I don't even know where I'm going with this all this daddy talk got me thinking that calling someone baby can be considered creepy looking under a different light. (well i guess anything can be then, right?)

ER1eLiL.jpg?1

This song strikes me as a slow grower that will creep up on you and then BAM!! -- you're playing it on repeat. Hope I'm not disappointed!

That's exactly what this song was for me. I kinda thought it was meh in the beginning, but now I'm playing it at least 3 times a day. Lana, my girl, you did it again :oprah:

1olt2g.jpg

This is my favorite part:

Drugs suck it up like vanilla icys

don’t treat me rough, treat me really niceys

decorate my neck

Diamantes ices

I have no idea what this means but it sounds so cool when she sings it.

The "harveys in the sky" part annoys me because the lyric booklet says "ah he's" and when I first heard the song all I heard was "ah he's" but now all i hear is "harveys" 

tumblr_moza5y59Ri1r09ldbo1_400.png ~ataraxia~

This is my favorite part:

Drugs suck it up like vanilla icys
don’t treat me rough, treat me really niceys
decorate my neck
Diamantes ices

I have no idea what this means but it sounds so cool when she sings it.

I love that part but I always think something else about that line - I think she might have meant it in different ways also.  :shh:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.