Coloringbooks

HYD (Hayden Dunham)

Thoughts??

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

1 hour ago, hillsideboy said:

Been waiting on this thread! Obsessed w HYD. Their songs are sooo unique and refreshing. Need an album ASAP! 

"So unique and refreshing" I wouldn't say that considering they sound like Caroline Polachek's "Pang" outtakes, and two songs from her EP are actually co-written and co-produced by Caroline lol

But yeah, she has a lot of potential, I'm curious what's next. So far has been ok, I just hope she creates her own style and stop being a redux of Caroline.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I just can't get into her, she keeps giving me "dollar tree Caroline Polachek". 

I really like Afar but I'm not feeling the new single. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

im so excited for this album. breaking ground is PHENOMENAL! also i saw them live perform at a cinema it was incredible, they played an unreleased song which was so amazing… cant wait for their tour… wish people would appreciate them more instead of the lame caroline comparisons  just bc their voices sound similar..

7 hours ago, pop2anna said:

im so excited for this album. breaking ground is PHENOMENAL! also i saw them live perform at a cinema it was incredible, they played an unreleased song which was so amazing… cant wait for their tour… wish people would appreciate them more instead of the lame caroline comparisons  just bc their voices sound similar..

It's not about the voice but the singing style + Caroline produces her music as well, it's hard to not see her as a Caroline project lol

Still, I'm very curious about her debut album. 

Glass is incredible (another Caroline prod). I hope Hyd keeps the Caroline vox towards the end cause they are gorgeous.

From the whole album, I'd say the best (apart from the singles) are Oil + Honey and Living for You. It's a really good debut album! I hope she keeps making music after that.

On 10/13/2022 at 8:12 PM, legend said:

Glass is incredible (another Caroline prod). I hope Hyd keeps the Caroline vox towards the end cause they are gorgeous.

From the whole album, I'd say the best (apart from the singles) are Oil + Honey and Living for You. It's a really good debut album! I hope she keeps making music after that.

Eeek I'm so excited! How have you managed to hear it already? 

On 12/2/2022 at 12:50 AM, xcxc said:

Is there any difference between the leaked and the album versions of Breaking Ground, Fallen Angel, So Clear, The Real You and Trust?

if anything volume change imo.

btw did Trust leak before album release??

On 3/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, EXODUS said:

"So unique and refreshing" I wouldn't say that considering they sound like Caroline Polachek's "Pang" outtakes, and two songs from her EP are actually co-written and co-produced by Caroline lol

But yeah, she has a lot of potential, I'm curious what's next. So far has been ok, I just hope she creates her own style and stop being a redux of Caroline.

Most of the Hyd content existed before Caroline had even made Pang lol.

The best music is what Sophie wrote but the majority of those fan favs played that were truly unique, like Makeover / Keep Me Safe - they choose not to release for some reason

8 hours ago, naked said:

Most of the Hyd content existed before Caroline had even made Pang lol.

The best music is what Sophie wrote but the majority of those fan favs played that were truly unique, like Makeover / Keep Me Safe - they choose not to release for some reason

Maybe due Sophie respect. 

Just like Charli that is choosing not to release many fans favorites that are Sophie produced because she doesn't feel right about it now that Sophie can give her grenlight. 

clearing truly grew on me so much -- she needs to get her own schtick but other than that, with s/t ep and clearing, i feel pretty confident saying that hayden has a lot of potential, but a lot of her tracks are samey and it gets old, shes not a long form release artist imo. 

peiyha.gif