Sign in to follow this  
Desert lamp

Inflation in Turkey

Never have I ever thought I would see a thread like this in here. I guess it’s my time to shine  

To be serious, there’s a huge crisis here. Most homes electricity bill costs quarter of the minimum wage. You need to work 6 months to get the latest iPhone, and to buy a cheap car you need to work 5 years. And the worst of all is that people still can’t see why this is happening and blames it on “foreign countries”.

47 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

Never have I ever thought I would see a thread like this in here. I guess it’s my time to shine  

To be serious, there’s a huge crisis here. Most homes electricity bill costs quarter of the minimum wage. You need to work 6 months to get the latest iPhone, and to buy a cheap car you need to work 5 years. And the worst of all is that people still can’t see why this is happening and blames it on “foreign countries”.

Preach! Our president still dares to say things like "Europe/USA is jealous of us", "we get things cheaper than most countries", "be grateful be grateful" like??? 🤡

Horrifying. Didn't Erdogan also withdraw from that treaty against domestic violence? Why even?? He needs to go tbh. I didn't even know inflation was so bad in Turkey. What's the cause of that exactly? 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

10 hours ago, BlueINK said:

Horrifying. Didn't Erdogan also withdraw from that treaty against domestic violence? Why even?? He needs to go tbh. I didn't even know inflation was so bad in Turkey. What's the cause of that exactly? 

Because they sold all our factories founded by Ataturk and we basically started importing everything from abroad. They loved to be like “who cares about dollar/euro? do we get paid in that currency?”. I also think us trying to support millions of immigrants made us lose a lot of money. I understand accepting old people, children and women into the country but grown men??? When they should be fighting for their country like how Ukraine men are doing, hell even some Ukraine women and grandpas volunteered. Turkey had the chance to be a country like Italy but that’s permanently ruined now, if the president is caring for the country by the slightest he should admit that he fucked up and that we should be going for early elections. Each day it is getting worse. Poor people are getting more poor and rich people are getting richer. With taking a bit of caring we could be a country like Poland in the future

Turkish doctors are deciding to leave the country because Erdogan is refusing to up their salaries, really said "if they wish to go, let them" :facepalm: the government stopping to care for health, I guess we will try to not get sick from now on!

1 hour ago, Desert lamp said:

Turkish doctors are deciding to leave the country because Erdogan is refusing to up their salaries, really said "if they wish to go, let them" :facepalm: the government stopping to care for health, I guess we will try to not get sick from now on!

Guess you‘ll have to get rid of Erdogan instead. 

We really need a big purge of politicians in 2022 it seems…

20230718-113117.gif

13 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Guess you‘ll have to get rid of Erdogan instead. 

We really need a big purge of politicians in 2022 it seems…

Naur I don't really have anything against immigrants (I realize I may sound "racist" or whatever), they just get involved in all our shit so we get to have to mention them a lot. I didn't even say what fully happened in my previous post- Erdogan is looking for Syrian, Afghan, Pakistani etc. doctors now because they work at lower prices :facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Desert lamp said:

Naur I don't really have anything against immigrants (I realize I may sound "racist" or whatever), they just get involved in all our shit so we get to have to mention them a lot. I didn't even say what fully happened in my previous post- Erdogan is looking for Syrian, Afghan, Pakistani etc. doctors now because they work at lower prices :facepalm:

No I didn’t talk about refugees. I just mean, looking at Erdogan and Putin and all of these people, it seems like we have to get rid of these crazy politicians to solve our problems. Too many of them don‘t seem to care about the people in their countries anymore…

20230718-113117.gif

2 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

No I didn’t talk about refugees. I just mean, looking at Erdogan and Putin and all of these people, it seems like we have to get rid of these crazy politicians to solve our problems. Too many of them don‘t seem to care about the people in their countries anymore…

Oh nice!!! I still wanted to clear up my last essay, I wrote it aggressively in a minute, I seriously feel safer to rant on here to ranting on a Turkish forum :/

I got refugees and immigrants mixed up too so thanks for that lol. Personally I still think Turkey can't handle looking after MILLIONS of refugees, especially rn. I could list more bad things happening