Venice Peach

Common Lana misconceptions

Lana said Cola was 'inspired by' a Harvey Weinstein impresario figure, not explicitly about him. Think of it in a simlar way in her music she says that "Bill" and "Jim" are her lovers, but they're not explicitly about any particular Bills and Jims in her life.

The singer has now responded to the speculation in an interview with MTV News, confirming: “When I wrote that song, I suppose I had like a Harvey Weinstein/Harry Winston-type of character in mind.”

“I envisioned, like, a benevolent, diamond-bestowing-upon-starlets visual, like a Citizen Kane or something,” Del Rey added. “I’m not really sure. I thought it was funny at the time, and I obviously find it really sad now. I support the women who have come forward. I think they’re really brave for doing that.”

“Obviously I don’t feel comfortable with it now,” she said of the song. “I thought of that right away.” Asked whether she was “retiring” the track, Del Rey replied: “Definitely. That would be the only right thing to do”.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-harvey-weinstein-cola-2155455

3lfQEhw.png

Just now, takeitdoen said:

Lana said Cola was 'inspired by' a Harvey Weinstein impresario figure, not explicitly about him.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-harvey-weinstein-cola-2155455

She mightve also had a consensual business-esque fling with him, but after a bunch of other people calling him out, she found it "better" to retire it and change the lyrics :popcorn: (just a rumor/speculation pulled from muh ass mind)

23 minutes ago, baddisease said:

We know for a fact that Lana has done drugs and has drank alcoholically. There are real screenshots of her personal Facebook where she talks about a fairly prominent Alcoholics Anonymous group, repeatedly. She also quotes from the book Alcoholics Anonymous on her old Twitter. And "Bad Disease" aligns with the viewpoint of AA (though that might be coincidental)

Yes... what does that have to do with what was said? ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Her only confirmed true addiction was alcohol, which according to her she quit drinking sometime in 2003 when she was 18. Long before AKA. 

Don’t make me get dark on you, baby

I’ll go dark… 
˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

That her and marina are/were these music industry “besties”. 

It’s not the same like it used to be, but like.. the fake fan edits of them together, fake interviews where they’d mention eachother :toofunny:

Spoiler

it got to me at some point in middle school and i was disappointed in the truth :noparty: 

and of course when they did start hanging out for a bit that.. added to the whole thing

but looking back on it, it just seems more of just a friendship and appreciation for each others art

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

honestly when people act like her life in the trailer park was super traumatic, involving drugs, prostitution, etc. it… seems a bit classist :bebe: especially since lana’s referenced & mentioned her time at the trailer park occasionally throughout her mainstream career & she always did so with sentiment, i mean, she even included a clip of the trailer park interview for the teaser for the white dress music video, if she was so traumatized, she wouldn’t mention it, i feel like these fans are either not aware that lana’s okay with this period of her life, or they just want to assume the truth when there’s no evidence for it, it’s really annoying & nobody should be considered ignorant or problematic for liking that era :facepalm:

22 minutes ago, Betty Blue said:

Yes... what does that have to do with what was said? ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
Her only confirmed true addiction was alcohol, which according to her she quit drinking sometime in 2003 when she was 18. Long before AKA. 

The bolded. And she was still struggling with her drinking because she kept attending AA until shortly becoming famous.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, baddisease said:

The bolded. And she was still struggling with her drinking because she kept attending AA until shortly becoming famous.

i agree with @Betty Blue and @Surf Noir

while struggling with alcoholism a little bit it was nowhere NEAR as bad as pre-fordham (from what we know obviously) and that seems to be the only thing that she has seemed to struggle with AT ALL

plus why are we talking about this in the first place i feel like this is digging WAY too much into her personal life even by stan standards :scoff:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

i watched this video and the person who was making the video said that they had sources tell them, that in parties lizzy would be so drugged that everyone thought it would be her last night alive

Spoiler

take it with a grain of salt though

1 hour ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

And who said that :popcorn:

didn’t this yth thing come up in the heroindisaster thread or am i thinking of a different one

[insert pic of doja cat that’s larger than this damn websites requirements]

26 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i watched this video and the person who was making the video said that they had sources tell them, that in parties lizzy would be so drugged that everyone thought it would be her last night alive

Reveal hidden contents

take it with a grain of salt though

what video? i highly doubt this is true

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

7 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

honestly when people act like her life in the trailer park was super traumatic, involving drugs, prostitution, etc.

In general people dramatizing her past like that. I once read a comment like "Reminds me of her stripper days" or people thinking she was once a heroin addict (a true heroin addict looks ... different) or my favorite, some fans (especially the newer ones) still believing that the Ride mv is a true story. :facepalm:

They take eeeevery story she tells through her music and videos seriously. The only art form that really tells her story as it is are her poems in my opinion.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

4 hours ago, the ocean said:

plus why are we talking about this in the first place i feel like this is digging WAY too much into her personal life even by stan standards :scoff:

Look at the url :thumb3:, plus people can discuss anything on the internet, at least it's quarantined in the speculation/misconception thread

At the moment, the biggest misconception for many of us might be that Rock Candy Sweet was sounding much more different than Blue Banisters, that RCS was the revenge album and BB is not. 
i do believe that RCS or BB always was intended to tell her past, and this is her sweet revenge: revenge on her mother and to critics (Arcadia and BBS do address the later particularly). 
As for the sound of RCS, we all thought it would sound angrier or more summery because of the title and the supposed release dates. But with the songs that were considered initially, they don’t scream  that. Even LYTAN, with the RCS line, is probably another ballad, if the rumoured lyrics are true: « I loved you then and I love you now, I’ve always been there for you, don’t give up on me ». 

In the comment sections of reaction videos, local fans write things like "soft ice cream is meant to sound like soft I scream" or "white mustang is a play on why am I stayin".

To my knowledge she has never eluded to a double meaning in these lyrics so idk why they believe it. It's a small thing among the local fans that I find irrationally irritating :tanisha:

Unless it's true. Then I'll stfu

Everytime I try to fly, I fall