Venice Peach

Common Lana misconceptions

54 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

In the comment sections of reaction videos, local fans write things like "soft ice cream is meant to sound like soft I scream" or "white mustang is a play on why am I stayin".

To my knowledge she has never eluded to a double meaning in these lyrics so idk why they believe it. It's a small thing among the local fans that I find irrationally irritating :tanisha:

Unless it's true. Then I'll stfu

I heard about that too. Don’t think she ever confirmed it to be true either. White Mustang becoming why am I stayin’ at the end of the song would make sense… but is it intentional on her part? Or is she just enunciating weirdly? Anyways, if the locals find her genius because of that, I won’t be the one to contradict them :thumb3:

8 hours ago, Escapism said:

That her and marina are/were these music industry “besties”. 

It’s not the same like it used to be, but like.. the fake fan edits of them together, fake interviews where they’d mention eachother :toofunny:

Reveal hidden contents

it got to me at some point in middle school and i was disappointed in the truth :noparty: 

and of course when they did start hanging out for a bit that.. added to the whole thing

but looking back on it, it just seems more of just a friendship and appreciation for each others art

larina will always be real to me.

😋🫶🏼

7 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

i watched this video and the person who was making the video said that they had sources tell them, that in parties lizzy would be so drugged that everyone thought it would be her last night alive

Reveal hidden contents

take it with a grain of salt though

what video are we talking about..

😋🫶🏼

2 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

In the comment sections of reaction videos, local fans write things like "soft ice cream is meant to sound like soft I scream" or "white mustang is a play on why am I stayin".

To my knowledge she has never eluded to a double meaning in these lyrics so idk why they believe it. It's a small thing among the local fans that I find irrationally irritating :tanisha:

Unless it's true. Then I'll stfu

Totally. She undoubtedly, however, sings "You take the whale" in HBTB :lmao:

The worst misinterpretation, though, is that the colours mentioned in 'Blue Banisters' refer to someone being beaten up/bruised, which is not only a gross thing to make up without any evidence, it also makes zero sense in the larger context of the song.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

6 hours ago, finalgirl said:

not anything in specific but i hate when tiktok lana fans spread false information like once a fan said she had a horrible ed likeee? people are sick

people heard the “pro-ana” lyric in boarding school… a satirical song… & wrote a whole fanfic about how lana suffered from an eating disorder :facepalm:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 hours ago, finalgirl said:

not anything in specific but i hate when tiktok lana fans spread false information like once a fan said she had a horrible ed likeee? people are sick

I have a really vivid memory of someone saying that nobody should be engaging with the Lizzy Grant era or listening to the music from it because it was "the worst time in Lana's life and so much horrible stuff happened to her". Nobody would even know if that was true or not, but it's fully just making stuff up because afaik Lana never said that :gasp: Others in this thread have mentioned the way people on TikTok treat the AKA/Lizzy Grant era, but that one comment always sticks out in my mind

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

I have a really vivid memory of someone saying that nobody should be engaging with the Lizzy Grant era or listening to the music from it because it was "the worst time in Lana's life and so much horrible stuff happened to her". Nobody would even know if that was true or not, but it's fully just making stuff up because afaik Lana never said that :gasp:

you definetely saw that on tiktok

#putmeinamovie #lolita #cigarette #coquette #heroin

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I have a really vivid memory of someone saying that nobody should be engaging with the Lizzy Grant era or listening to the music from it because it was "the worst time in Lana's life and so much horrible stuff happened to her". Nobody would even know if that was true or not, but it's fully just making stuff up because afaik Lana never said that :gasp: Others in this thread have mentioned the way people on TikTok treat the AKA/Lizzy Grant era, but that one comment always sticks out in my mind

Lana has only ever talked about the trailer park days positively lol. Tiktok thinks:

trailer park = poor = drugs, prositution, alcohol, crack, strippers

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

18 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Lana has only ever talked about the trailer park days positively lol. Tiktok thinks:

which is classism! :true:

the tiktok stans would despise me… but that’s alright… i know lanaboards accepts my love for lizzy! :kiss2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

37 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

actually its more that they think:

trailer park = poor = bad

drugs = bad

prostitution = bad

alcohol = bad

crack = bad

strippers = bad

when only like 2 of those are accurate

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

3 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

the one that used to really grate on me was when people called the album "lana del ray aka lizzy grant" or even just "aka lizzy grant"

I'd understand for people to refer to it as AKA but yeah the long ass name is just so unnecessary and not even accurate :nails:

8nl2OpX.png

15 hours ago, West Coast said:

That 'Cola' is about Harvey Weinstein :scoff:

11 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

Lana said Cola was 'inspired by' a Harvey Weinstein impresario figure, not explicitly about him. Think of it in a simlar way in her music she says that "Bill" and "Jim" are her lovers, but they're not explicitly about any particular Bills and Jims in her life.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-harvey-weinstein-cola-2155455

I don't think this is a misconception at all? She sings his name in the song, and said it's inspired by a Harvey-esque figure. Not to mention, he was seen at her performances around the time period. Harvey personally asked Lana to write songs for Big Eyes (according to Dan Heath), so they absolutely had a personal relationship on some level.

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 hours ago, Super Movie said:

it’s so weird because literally lana never said anything like that……… she only tried to ‘hide’ her lizzy grant past because she wanted a clean slate for BTD LOL. but almost immediately after BTD she started embracing that era publicly. she even made her pfp on insta a pic from the trailer park set of photos taken by chuck in Honeymoon era. 
It appears the main reason she ignored that era was because the public and critics had so much to say about it

it is weird, how Lizzy Grant is regarded as a complete separate person to Lana that died or something. looking at artists like Taylor, Marina, Gaga etc - their past and early adulthood isn’t regarded as ‘Taboo’ like Lana’s is :whatever2:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

16 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I don't think this is a misconception at all? She sings his name in the song, and said it's inspired by a Harvey-esque figure. Not to mention, he was seen at her performances around the time period. Harvey personally asked Lana to write songs for Big Eyes (according to Dan Heath), so they absolutely had a personal relationship on some level.

I just think it's completely absurd to think that Lana had a fling with Weinstein. I'll stick to the Harry Winston theory because of the line "Harvey's/Ah he's in the sky with diamonds". :creep:

23 hours ago, West Coast said:

I just think it's completely absurd to think that Lana had a fling with Weinstein. I'll stick to the Harry Winston theory because of the line "Harvey's/Ah he's in the sky with diamonds". :creep:

I don't really think they had a fling, but I think it's a massive stretch to think the song isn't about him. There was also Harvey/Lana rumours way before the #MeToo movement, so I don't think it's even too absurd to think they DID have a fling. But yeah, I'm not familiar with the Harry Winston theory but that line is probably just a reference to 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds'. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat