Venice Peach

Common Lana misconceptions

I don't think Cola is gone forever. She could just replace that name with another thing and that's it. She also said that she was never going to sing that line in UV and after a couple of shows she started singing it again so I think it was just the pressure of the interview. (Don't get me wrong, it was the right thing to do but I think there are other ways around the problem without retiring that song forever from her setlist)

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think Cola is gone forever. She could just replace that name with another thing and that's it. She also said that she was never going to sing that line in UV and after a couple of shows she started singing it again so I think it was just the pressure of the interview. (Don't get me wrong, it was the right thing to do but I think there are other ways around the problem without retiring that song forever from her setlist)

i really hope so bc i can't die without experiencing cola live 

19 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

people heard the “pro-ana” lyric in boarding school… a satirical song… & wrote a whole fanfic about how lana suffered from an eating disorder :facepalm:

tbf there is that interview where they ask her what her fav food is and she says "when i eat it's a lot of junk food but i usually just drink a lot of coffee and do my lemonade maple syrup diet and that's pretty much it".. but lana def didn't have an eating disorder to the extent ppl on tiktok often make it seem 

15 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I agree, i think it would be easy,  i mean up until 2019 i thought she said 'Hubby' LOL so theres an idea for her. I think shes just uncomfortable with the concept of it now though? 

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

27 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

that making out was recorded after btd was done

Wasn't Making Out confirmed to be recorded in December 2011? Born to Die came out in January 2012 :hellno:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

16 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I always thought the MAIN reason she removed it from the set list was the high notes. You can see her struggle a lot more in 2016 and also in some close notes in 2017 and hesitate to sing them or dodge them completely. I am sure she was also effected by the Weinstein thing and it upset her but her vocals probably took a role in that decision too.

35 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Wasn't Making Out confirmed to be recorded in December 2011? Born to Die came out in January 2012 :hellno:

i think things were probably already finalized by december 2011, and making out doesnt really fit the sound of final btd, i dont get whe would she still recorded song with this kind of her experimental late 2010-early 2011 sound in almost her paradise era

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

i think things were probably already finalized by december 2011, and making out doesnt really fit the sound of final btd, i dont get whe would she still recorded song with this kind of her experimental late 2010-early 2011 sound in almost her paradise era

You're right that the album was pretty much already finished by December. I'm pretty sure the recording date of it was confirmed somewhere so I wonder if Making Out is an early Paradise outtake

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕