Rust Dress

Lana with Jack Antonoff at Jim Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA - April 2nd, 2022

41 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

not looking forward to the excessive jack hate we’re about to see in this thread :eartha2:

listen, he’s a great producer but they cannot make the same album again. three albums of piano driven music? no

he’s proven himself to be able to produce such a variety of music, i hope he pushes her into a different type of sound instead of being so acoustic driven (NFR is excluded cause she was great w great variety)

negAbhB.png

Why does everyone forget that Jack did NFR and COCC

Melo and Solar Power

He is hit and miss, quite frankly

I just don't think he's the genius people make him out to be; his own music fucking sucks 

But I'm glad they're having fun and that she found someone she clearly enjoys working with

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Melo and Solar Power

I just don't think he's the genius people make him out to be; his own music fucking sucks 

But I'm glad they're having fun and that she found someone she clearly enjoys working with

i actually agree with you completely (contrary to what people think i believe)

i think his work with lana has been extremely disappointing in comparison to works like melodrama, masseduction, daddy's home & dance fever (from what we've heard)

he seems like a nice person and i recognize that he is easy to work with - i just don't really think the result is the amazing masterpieces everyone makes them out to be

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Betty Blue said:

Where is that? The large dapper frog on the house is very cute :wub:

They’re at Jim Henson Studios where they’ve worked on songs together in the past such as White Dress, Venice Bitch, The Greatest, and How Disappear x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

They’re at Jim Henson Studios where they’ve worked on songs together in the past such as White Dress, Venice Bitch, The Greatest, and How Disappear x

So what I'm hearing is we're in for the serve of the century :cumming: 

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

just hoping it is for a record, and not just for the music to a spoken poetry album (which i also want ie behind the iron gates) 

If I remember her old insta photos (RIP) she recorded Violet from home with a USB/XLR desktop mic, so it’s probably music if it’s the studio! :oprah4:

I need new Lana, I’ve been feeling uninspired in life lately and she always reminds me of my childlike wonder and inner poet :crai:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Melo and Solar Power

yeah but solar power wasn’t really the productions fault it was lordes

4 hours ago, godsmonster said:

listen, he’s a great producer but they cannot make the same album again. three albums of piano driven music? no

he’s proven himself to be able to produce such a variety of music, i hope he pushes her into a different type of sound instead of being so acoustic driven (NFR is excluded cause she was great w great variety)

listen, jack is not the one who decides how the album is going to sound like, it's Lana. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

yeah but solar power wasn’t really the productions fault it was lordes

So it's Lorde's fault if her albums aren't great but it's Jack's when Lana's aren't? Interesting take

I'd say it's 50/50 artist/producer but the point is he's not some musical magician 

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

So it's Lorde's fault if her albums aren't great but it's Jack's when Lana's aren't? Interesting take

I'd say it's 50/50 artist/producer but the point is he's not some musical magician 

i never said that it’s jacks fault… i don’t like his production sometimes, but it’s mostly lana’s fault when the production is bad. like if she wanted she could’ve asked for melo production

11 minutes ago, COCC said:

The LB blame game

6-BD7508-A-6454-414-A-9910-B7438522-CF30

And the reason Spiderjack, Spiderlorde and Spiderlana are in this setting is so that Jack can record the van door swinging and put the sound in a song to be quirky

:agree:

13 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

listen, jack is not the one who decides how the album is going to sounds like, it's Lana. 

I agree with you that she defines the musical main direction of the album. But I also think that he creatively influences her - e.g. contributes his own ideas, shows interesting songs or writes melodies for her.

After all, we know what was at the beginning of NFR, when she wasn‘t even in the mood to write new songs: he surprised her with a melody and that‘s when she started getting a vision for NFR. So it is probably a mutual process.

17 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

NFR part II. :die:

The Greatest (bombastic version)  

ascend.gif

Venice Bitch (20 min version)

ascend.gif

Fuck it I don‘t love you anymore (revenge version)

ascend.gif