Lxlita

Elon Musk's Ongoing Bid to Buy Twitter

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/twitter-poison-pill-elon-musk

What do we all think?

In all honesty, I think Twitter and virtually all other forms of social media are utter garbage. I don't use social media besides using messaging features but I really prefer just to use text. I can see Elon bringing some positive change to Twitter as suggested by his motives to make Twitter more free speech friendly. Twitter could become a legitimate rival to Facebook (instagram) if under the appropriate hands. I'm not really sure even Musk could attempt to fix Twitter's issues naturally. 

I thought this would be an interesting topic as this site had gone under an ownership change before. 

what a waste of money, the amount of manolo blahnik shoes you could buy with that cash instead :oprah:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

its very weird, boring, and rather alarming that all conservatives think a billionaire buying a website is how "free speech" will re-couperate on twitter. They are now using the "its a private business" tangent liberals have used before against them now. As usual, American Nationalists do not know how to interpret an amendment.  A private business can modify the line of speech. The first amendment does NOT cover ALL speech, and it SPECIFCALLY does not protect you from the consequences of your speech.

Free speech for conservatives [at this point it is easier to group them all, I'm over the whole "not all of them" when it comes to a group of people in ideology] is calling gays f^gss and POC animals. All they want is the freedom to tweet those things out without being banned. All while they make it seem that they're being ousted from twitter because they are simply conservative 

1 minute ago, TRENCH said:

The first amendment does NOT cover ALL speech, and it SPECIFCALLY does not protect you from the consequences of your speech.

yeah i don't think a lot of people realize that it only protects the government censoring your speech and that's only talking about the speech actually covered in the amendment itself

hate speech is illegal - it's straight up illegal it's not a loophole it's specifically stated in the constitution

it's honestly quite hilarious how most of the openly "patriotic" people in the US are actually some of the most treasonous

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

43 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Elon Musk's family got rich off apartheid and conflict (blood) stones (emeralds). FUCK HIM.

There's plenty of reasons to criticize Elon Musk for things he's actually responsible for and not because he was born into a certain family. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

There's plenty of reasons to criticize Elon Musk for things he's actually responsible for and not because he was born into a certain family. 

didn't he get metals from african child mines though?

and i mean recently

(and yes many companies have and yes the companies are shitty and should be held accountable even apple as much as i love their products)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, avenue said:

didn't he get metals from african mines though?

and i mean recently

(and yes many companies have and yes the companies are shitty and should be held accountable even apple as much as i love their products)

no clue i couldn't care less about the man to find out, just pointing out that "his family got rich off of" x, y, z is a very weak argument. If HE got rich off of that, then there's something to criticize. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

Apartheid and all who have benefitted from it - and Elon Musk has benefitted from it, as he came up as a moneyed brat - are evil. 

He inherited wealth borne of apartheid.

giphy.gif