Lxlita

Elon Musk's Ongoing Bid to Buy Twitter

27 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

He’s essentially just buying it to allow Trump back in.

what in the world makes you say that? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

8 hours ago, Mer said:

what in the world makes you say that? 

“"It's just really important that people have the, both the reality and the perception that they are able to speak freely within the bounds of the law," Musk said during a recent TED interview. Musk added he is not a fan of permanent bans, favoring suspensions. The CEO of both Teslaand SpaceX has often used Twitter to crack jokes and promote his business interests, from his companies to cryptocurrencies he's eyeing.”

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/04/25/donald-trump-says-he-wont-return-to-twitter-if-elon-musk-reverses-ban.html

On 4/17/2022 at 10:49 AM, Deadly Nightshade said:

I always found it scary that the next move for many very rich people is to buy a social network or even a tv channel / newspaper . I see it happening in my country as well . It really just shows to me that ultra rich people not only want money but they also want to control the general public. These two forms of power : money and control of the public opinion can become dangerous . Money is not enough for them at some point , they need a bigger thrill .  

Like Jeff Bezos buying the Washington Post

15 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i think he should buy Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg is the real villain here.

His meta system is fucked.

even more fun, they're going to open a store :xgiggle:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/25/23037875/meta-retail-store-burlingame-ray-ban-stories-portal-quest-hours-location

No but seriously why was Trump banned when the Ayatollah in Iran is allowed to have a platform while killing 100s of protestors daily? 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

57 minutes ago, Mer said:

No but seriously why was Trump banned when the Ayatollah in Iran is allowed to have a platform while killing 100s of protestors daily? 

I honestly didn’t know the ayatollah has a Twitter account. I know the former royal family has accounts though, because twitter tried to recommend me to follow them lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Personally, I say go the Tumblr and Yahoo route and make Twitter so unappealing to investors and the rich that they just end up selling it to get rid of it :whatever2:

Spoiler

Mostly kidding, but seriously: Fuck Elon. He is the epitome of greed and is like a walking dystopia novel

imageproxy.jpg

The guys straight up like a James Bond Villain that wants to take over the world, with his rockets and controlling the media.  Everything he says I don’t believe at all ‘I care about humanity’  this man cares about himself and showing off his power.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he runs for President one day.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

9 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

wait until he tries to purchase lanaboards for $100 and re-brands as "elle musk" confusedbob

LMFOAJEJDHWJDVSJDVKCBSKSJF IM CRACKING UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

i mean… elon would be able to buy us the songs at the prices sellers list them for :fabcat: all in favour of an Elle and Elon lanaboards coalition say i

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif