Sign in to follow this  
Cherry Blossom

Heartstopper

New LGBTQ+ series on Netflix, focused around a young gay boy called Charlie and is based on a comic of the same name I believe.

Was expecting this to be some straight girl fetishised cringe fest but I just watched the first episode and Jesus Christ I nearly exploded from the emotions . Watching him struggle to text guys even just normal conversations etc made me cringe only because I know exactly how it feels. 

Super cute and you should watch it! Let me know your thoughts if you’ve seen it already. It’s reminding me of ‘Sex Education’ so far. 

Not to mention, they played Don’t Delete The Kisses by Wolf Alice in the first episode :kris:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

i liked this show but what i hate is how throughout bingewatching it i kept praising how refreshing it was that a show was finally realistic with the texting scenes . i was like ‘omg they actually text like teenagers with the gen z/stan Twitter lingo and stuff’

then i went on tiktok and saw multiple viral vids dragging the texting scenes for being cringe millennial humour :bebe:

RVhKIwP.gif

I've been reading the comics on Webtoons since early 2019 so it was exciting when the author announced a studio approached her to shop the idea around as a tv show. I only read half of the comics/books so idk the full story [i think there are two books left to be made] but I'm excited to sit down and watch it :party:

It was cute! 

On 4/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, May said:

i liked this show but what i hate is how throughout bingewatching it i kept praising how refreshing it was that a show was finally realistic with the texting scenes . i was like ‘omg they actually text like teenagers with the gen z/stan Twitter lingo and stuff’

then i went on tiktok and saw multiple viral vids dragging the texting scenes for being cringe snake person humour :bebe:

:air:

I thought they were some of the most relatable parts LMAOOOOOOOOO I remember going to message guys I was crushing on Instagram and re-typing a message a hundred times.

3lfQEhw.png

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. It’s SO good. I’m excited to go home tonight just to watch. Trying not to binge so I can appreciate it more. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

10/10 One of the best things I've ever watched.

Can relate to charlie so much- being bullied and shat on during school with basically 3 friends.

Made me weep like a baby cuz I had no support system back then:crai:

Vvvvvvv cute light hearted romance. 

Also teared up at Nick's coming out scene to his mom. :crai:

cant wait for season 2

32 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

It was cute! 

I thought they were some of the most relatable parts LMAOOOOOOOOO I remember going to message guys I was crushing on Instagram and re-typing a message a hundred times.

girl did you edit my post before approving it? :rip: I never typed ‘snake person humour’ idek what that means . I remember typing ‘millennial humour’ … was it autocorrect or you LMAO

RVhKIwP.gif

3 minutes ago, May said:

girl did you edit my post before approving it? :rip: I never typed ‘snake person humour’ idek what that means . I remember typing ‘snake person humour’ … was it autocorrect or you LMAO

AHAHAHAHAH

I have an extension that changes the word M I L L E N I A L to 'snake people'

idk why. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snake people-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf

f5oGMVr.png

3lfQEhw.png

12 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

AHAHAHAHAH

idk why. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/snake people-to-snake-peop/jhkibealmjkbkafogihpeidfcgnigmlf

f5oGMVr.png

not you sabotaging me WTF GET ME OFF THIS MOD QUEUE NOW!!!!!! @Elle YOUR MODS ARE A SHAMBLES I’m about to start farting

RVhKIwP.gif

13 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

AHAHAHAHAH

idk why. 

f5oGMVr.png

AND IT AUTOCORRECTED IN THE QUOTE TOO

WTF

DISABLE THAT EXTENSION BITCH WHY DO YOU HAVE IT

STOP EDITING MY POSTS!!!!!  :oprah2:

RVhKIwP.gif