Viva

Dream Lana Collaboration Thread

No thank you, artist are best on their own.

The collab with Bobby Womack is kinda really cool though.

yes yes yes! Daygo Reflection is a lovely song. Not sure if it's a collab, but Azaelia's Blue Jeans remix was great too.

As for other artists, the only one I would really love would be a song with Frank Ocean.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like collabs as a principle.

I am not into them at all. Both as a listener and as someone who makes music. I like working alone, and i like hearing the results of those who work alone. I'm interested in the singular voice of an artist. Even the few bands that i listen to are mostly the vision of one person. Also, collaborations as a phenomenon in modern mainstream pop music, as far as i have been able to tell, seem to be, not so much about the music and serving the song, but some sort of promotional vehicle and a way to elevate one's status as a performer.

I need to try out one of these new emoticons, i need to emote. :twirls:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I don't think I've ever met anyone who doesn't like collabs as a principle.

I am not into them at all. Both as a listener and as someone who makes music. I like working alone, and i like hearing the results of those who work alone. I'm interested in the singular voice of an artist. Even the few bands that i listen to are mostly the vision of one person. Also, collaborations as a phenomenon in modern mainstream pop music, as far as i have been able to tell, seem to be, not so much about the music and serving the song, but some sort of promotional vehicle and a way to elevate one's status as a performer.

What about collaborations between artists for an entire album? Temple of the Dog, Mirror Ball, Raising Sand, Watch the Throne, and even Metallica's S&M are just a few examples off the top of my head that I'd consider good collaborations, or at least interesting.

Edit: Also, I was just watching this for something podcast-related, and yes, it's way over-sung, but this collab rocks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQa7SvVCdZk

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

The Killers/Brandon Flowers: BF has the same sort of mysteriousness and attration LDR has.

The Xx: That could work

Nicole Atkins: I sometimes think there are some similarities between the two.

That is all for me. I can't imagine her doing many duets with any other artists. As for as Lady Gaga....HELL NO. I would be upset if Lana did a duet with that thing. Marina and the Diamonds is also a hell no, only because she is too pop for Lana. I really love Marina alone, I have both her cds.

I just love Adele. I think it would be shit her duet with Lana but I would buy the single anyway. Adele could make an album that the lyrics were the phonebook list or a restaurant menu that I would buy it. Her voice is just out of this world. The word I use to define Adele is visceral. There is so much of everything in her voice, performance, eyes, laugh. So much emotion, life everything really. I just adore her was one of the best if not the best concert I ever got to.

glgcDdT.gif

I don't really want her to collaborate with anybody, she's fine on her own, and most of the ones I've heard with other artists are decent-at-best. It should just be a rare occasions, maybe every few years.

But at the same time, she can collaborate and work with whomever she wants to work with, at the end of the day.