baddisease

Supreme Court draft opinion would overturn Roe v. Wade

The epitome of bullshit. Do they realize that overturning it wouldn't just end abortion?? It would lead to unsafe abortions, which can be fatal. This whole situation is so fucking scary and stupid 

imageproxy.jpg

12 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Can we go back in time and look at the academic performance of these justices in high school? I feel like that says a lot about a person.. and I have a bad feeling about these ones..

I know what you mean, but it’s not right to equate people who take draconian and dangerous stances as simply being ill-informed or too stupid to understand. These justices are wicked smart, and knew exactly what they were doing and what it meant. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

17 minutes ago, Mer said:

I know what you mean, but it’s not right to equate people who take draconian and dangerous stances as simply being ill-informed or too stupid to understand. These justices are wicked smart, and knew exactly what they were doing and what it meant. 

Hey I never said they were ill-informed I just think they’re unintelligent and thats it

3 hours ago, Super Movie said:

The epitome of bullshit. Do they realize that overturning it wouldn't just end abortion?? It would lead to unsafe abortions, which can be fatal. This whole situation is so fucking scary and stupid 

Yes they probably do realise it but they really just want to punish women and would likely think someone going through an unsafe abortion deserves whatever harm and complications they receive from it, and then would be happy imprisoning them too. It's so fucked up, they are all lying to themselves if they think this gives justice to the foetuses they literally couldn't give 2 shits about once they are born and grow up.

Sad about the overturning plans; happy about the leak. I mean if the supreme court had planned to do it from the get go (which they did), they shouldn't have started drafting shit so early and waited till after the midterms, when the republicans might have gained more ground. Now that it's leaked, it has the oppurtunity of swaying people the other way for the midterms. 

I think Biden promised to (try to) enact law to repair anything the supreme court undoes. Implied in that promise is the idea that the voting population gives the democrats both the house and the senate in clear majority (i.e., 60+ seats in the latter). If that can happen they can enact a repairing law. They can also change the structure of the court (enact term limits, add justices). I think it would be interesting to have 100 justices on the supreme court, with term limits like senators. One could decide who serves on what cases by a random draw from the justices. It wouldn't be any worse than what it is now, so why not? And at minimum, a much larger number of cases could be run per unit time.

and not to discredit or distract from the serious removal of protection for basic human rights and women’s rights that just happened, but Clarence Thomas (one of the Supreme Court judges) explicitly advocated for overturning gay rights in this ruling:

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Just now, Urbanney said:

and not to discredit or distract from the serious removal of protection for basic human rights and women’s rights that just happened, but Clarence Thomas (one of the Supreme Court judges) explicitly advocated for overturning gay rights in this ruling:

What a fascist clown

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Banning abortion is the epitome of stupidity especially when we are talking about a country that believes in constitutional rights and democracy. How can some people believe that owning firearms is a constitutional right but on the other hand believing that abortion is not a right of self-determination ? 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I HATE IT HERE. 

Also in response to this:

15 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Clarence Thomas’s wife (and him) should have to gravely pay for their involvement in the Jan 6th insurrection. We have great evidence his wife was involved, but I can’t imagine Clarence just sat back and said you do you hunny. Anyway, a side tangent but I don’t wanna distract from the main topic. 

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

do we know why they even considered overturning this in the first place? why now after all these years? 

Because everybody is frustrated with how everything's going atm (prices, wars etc) and the harder the times get, the more people are drawn to the political (far) right since they are conservative and promise to go back to the "good old times" where there were less problems (that's what people think generally because we tend to romanticise the past).

Look at France, Hungary etc. The entire world is discontented. The right wing is having a come back and the bad thing is nothing good ever came out of it... 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible