SissyRëyLDRsparkjumprope

Favourite (or Least Favourite) Lana Photoshoot

I have have several favorites but one that really stands out  is the clash photoshoot by Neil Krug. Especially This Photo -

rsz_clash_96_lana_del_rey_6.jpg

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Bumping this since there's some discourse about her best/worst shoots in the Vogue UK Thread.

My top 10 favourite photoshoots would be, with 1 being my top favourite (with favourite shot in spoiler):

#1: Galore (Francesco Carrozinni) - 2014

This photoshoot is probably the only good thing to come out of their relationship. She is serving glamour all throughout the shoot, and I especially love the hair and styling. It makes it even more special to know that the coat was her own. I also like both of the other photoshoots they did and would have included them, but I wanted to keep it to one photoshoot per photographer in my list.

Spoiler

52024263241_94afc9244b_b.jpg

#2: Vogue UK (Mario Testino) - 2012

I bumped this thread because of the discourse around this shoot, but idc what you say, it's one of her best. The clothes, the poses, the facial expressions are all supreme. It's such an embodiment of the early stages of the Born to Die era.

Spoiler

52024777460_66b0ee9521_b.jpg

#3: Dazed (Charlotte Wales) - 2017

Do you remember where you were the day this shoot dropped? Because I do. I love every single thing about this shoot, and I obviously love it so much to the point it's the LanaBoards default background image hehe.

Spoiler

52024777205_344ba8c107_b.jpg

#4: GQ (Mariano Vivanco) - 2012

This is just iconic pls. I feel like I don't need to explain this one too much, especially as a lesbian lmao. I love her hair, love the red lips.. love the whole sensual vibe of this shoot. This was so daring for her to do so early on in her career, but I'm sure it felt liberating.

Spoiler

52024777400_df2e4ae6e9_b.jpg

#5: Fashion (Willams + Hirakawa) - 2013

I love that this is an all-outdoor shoot. Lana looks so beautiful in the sun. I'm also a huge fan of red lips which looked incredible on her in this shoot. Whenever I look at these photos, I think of the "Untouchable 5" songs - Hollywood, Angels Forever, Starry Eyed, JFK, and Black Beauty all seem to fit the vibe of this shoot.

Spoiler

52024299428_c1528cda56_b.jpg

#6 Vogue Italia/Lovecat (Ellen Von Unwerth) - 2012

Just another iconic early Born to Die era shoot, as simple as that. I love the styling, love the hair. Bad girl Lana in full force.

Spoiler

52024510234_67653cc00b_b.jpg

#7 Wonderland (AJ Numan) - 2011

I like pink. I feel that sums this up. I geeked when the whole shoot leaked.. still waiting on the final set tho xx

Spoiler

52024509944_1b55d00ed8_b.jpg

#8 Paradise/Blue Jeans (Nicole Nodland) - 2012

I really didn't have strong opinions on this shoot before outtakes started leaking. With every outtake that trickles out, the more appreciation I have for how truly iconic this shoot is. There are so many outtakes that have blown my mind as to still they were not included in some sort of project, such as the Paradise Tour programme.

Spoiler

52024263306_43962fca11_b.jpg

#9 H&M Fall (Inez and Vinoodh) - 2012

Perhaps this is an unpopular opinion because I feel like a lot of people don't like this shoot, but I love it. Something about that big hair really does it for me. 

Spoiler

52024777525_3a372f60ab_b.jpg

#10 Maxim (Neil Krug) - 2014

I'm coming in hot with an unpopular opinion, but this is one of the few Neil photoshoots I actually like - and I like it a lot. I'm usually not a fan of his photography style and wasn't crazy over a lot of his 2014 shoots (pls don't scalp me) but this one is just gorgeous. 

Spoiler

52024263176_1009b6448b_b.jpg

My bottom 5 photoshoots are as followed, with 1 being my least favourite (I'm including my least favourite shot in spoiler, but to keep it fair, I've only chosen released shots rather than outtakes)

#1 Madame Figaro (Jean-Baptiste Mondino) - 2012

This shoot is just so weird and bizarre lmao. I think they were aiming for a 70s theme, but the styling is just so off for me. Hate the colour scheme. I also feel like there's some poor editing here, because her face looks off in a couple shots.

Spoiler

52024299073_7604c3a547_o.jpg

#2 Billboard (Joe Pugliese) - 2015

This is probably a popular opinion, but this is just another bizarre shoot. What on earth was the styling?? Every look is just so strange and doesn't seem fitting for Lana - both "glam" Lana or "natural" Lana. It's just weird. I'm also not sure if it's also bad photoshop again or what, but she looks sort of.. uncomfortable in a lot of these shots? The cover is absolutely amazing though and probably one of her best covers, but the entirety of the rest of the shoot is rubbish.

Spoiler

The outtakes are SO, so much worse, but I'm keeping it fair by choosing a released photo:

52024299043_0f60f5df95_b.jpg

#3 Vogue Turkey (Liz Collins) - 2015

If it wasn't for all the damn photoshop, this actually may have even ended up in my top photoshoots. I would KILL to know what these photos looked like unedited, but whoever edited them completely destroyed them. I remember being so confused when this shoot dropped because it looked absolutely nothing like her. There's like 3 photos of this shoot that are fine and actually really nice, but the rest are absolute rubbish due to the unnecessary and excessive editing.

Spoiler

Literally who is this

52024299133_dcf21ce027_b.jpg

#4 NYT Style (Terry Richardson) - 2012

I know this shoot had a hold on the tumblr era and there's admittedly a lot of great pics from it, but it was shot by Terry, so enough said. Again, I feel like Lana looked uncomfortable in a lot of the shots.. which makes sense bc Terry.

Spoiler

52024299063_b2a28f8cbc_b.jpg

#5 Complex (Gyslain Yahri) - 2011

I actually LOVE so many of the outtakes from this shoot.. but this is another instance of unnecessary and excessive editing, to the point where nearly all of the released shots don't even look like her. What was the editor thinking?? This isn't a case of Nodland photoshop where yeah it's obviously edited but still resembles Lana, in this shoot it seems like they were trying to make her a completely different person.. and they succeeded. Again, the outtakes are incredible. I actually like so much of this shoot, but the editor screwed this one up big time.

Spoiler

Literally who is this pt 2

52024263236_6448fe2d2c_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

24 minutes ago, Elle said:

Reveal hidden contents

52024299073_7604c3a547_o.jpg

I always thought it was a fan edit, which only proves your point that the editing is poor :toofunny:

Mine is her recent-ish photoshoot with Jamie Haweksworth and her photoshoot for Complex Magazine in 2012. 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram