Sign in to follow this  
Manson

K.O. aka Koala

I thought some people here might be into this sorta sound and style - Ko Lee, going by K.O. aka Koala. I randomly found her on Instagram, she has stunning visuals and then found out she's doing music. Her sound is a mix of softcore, E-Girl, quite video gamy, dreamy vocals and production.

FDNgwT5VQAAM1m8?format=jpg&name=large

Boing is her current single and she just released the video....

Paper Magazine just wrote about her and she was featured in Galore Mag as "your new obsession".

K.O. aka Koala is many things; talented, captivating, beautiful and extremely creative; and hopefully she becomes your new obsession.  The LA based multi-hyphenate creative is a DJ, visual artist and most recently, a musician. Her background is eclectic, born in Florida to scientist parents. Driven by creativity she also has experience in fashion, as a stylist intern in New York. Her creative journey is flourishing through her music career.

Perhaps the most fascinating part of KO Aka Koala’s story is the fact that, despite being so naturally, inherently creative, she actually comes from a background where artistic pursuits were nowhere near the top of the agenda. Born in Florida to two scientist parents – her dad is a chemist, and her mother researches cures for infectious diseases such as kidney cancer and AIDS – KO Aka Koala reveals in an interview with HYPEBAE that the majority of her creative interests arose from self-exploration: “I grew up in an environment where no one really listened to music, so I had to discover it on my own and find artists that inspired me. Enjoying fashion and visual expression was pretty discouraged as well because it was deemed superficial and shallow. I think that pushed me to like things that I wasn’t supposed to.”

Her twitter: twitter.com/koakakoala

Her insta: instagram.com/koakakoala

3 hours ago, annedauphine said:

I liked this song, her voice, and the video is cool as well :) Thank you for sharing, gonna listen to the rest of her stuff!! Dope visuals indeed

Yeah defo do! I like "God Complex" and her cover of Ashlee Simpsons "Pieces of Me" the most.

Her spotify for whoever wants it:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/280n850sA1H4odLFK1qpNi