Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

Dan Auerbach Talks "Ultraviolence" & Being Open To Working With Lana Del Rey Again

To me that just cements my thought that when there is tension it gets your creative juices flowing. No need for a "yes man", making art with someone else isn't all rainbows & unicorns. 

Dan clearly views Lana as a creative and interesting artist and he really believes in her capabilities, hence why he pushed and did the most for Ultraviolence to be released and get the attention it deserved from her label.

I stan and I want more. :dafuq:

23 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I’m weary because his music..isn’t good anymore but I’m open to it :excited:

hmmm weird opinion but okay :xgiggle: no but really tho i loved turn blue and want something like that for a lana album, uv was kinda that but i want more 

19 minutes ago, West Coast said:

To me that just cements my thought that when there is tension it gets your creative juices flowing. No need for a "yes man", making art with someone else isn't all rainbows & unicorns. 

Dan clearly views Lana has a creative and interesting artist and he really believes in her capabilities, hence why he pushed and did the most for Ultraviolence to be released and get the attention it deserved from her label.

thanks for stealing my thought you brain stealer :oprah2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

hmmm weird opinion but okay :xgiggle: no but really tho i loved turn blue and want something like that for a lana album, uv was kinda that but i want more 

that's more black keys and 2014 and I agree his work then was amazing, i'm thinking more his solo 2017 album which leaves a lot to be desired (I might be biased though because they would always play his song Shine On Me at my old ice cream shop job :bebe: it gave Weezer)

sgopYhV.gif

Also, it's funny when people say that Lana must've hated working with him or anything like that; while it's obvious there was tension, 8 years down the line, Dan still clearly respects Lana as an artist and LOVED recording Ultraviolence with her. Must not have been so bad, even if just on his end.

They need to meet again. :oprah3:

Just now, Vanilla Icy said:

the thought of ultraviolence being an adele sounding adult contemporary album is horrifying

I think they just brought Paul Epworth along to gauge how he'd react... and, well, he loved what he heard and they ate shit up. :gasp:

i think that they were a match made in heaven :krylie:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

9 hours ago, West Coast said:

Dan clearly views Lana has a creative and interesting artist and he really believes in her capabilities, hence why he pushed and did the most for Ultraviolence to be released and get the attention it deserved from her label.

u5nt5kM.png

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

14 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

the way my pussy moved in a way it hasnt in years bc of this thread..

Another thing Dan did (besides producing Lana's best album), he made Veinsineon's pussy throb. Naur it's true. :true:

I’d love for them to work again, as long as the album has hints of UV influences but maybe mixed with something else, and not a copy of UV. 
as for thé tensions in the studio while working together, it made a beautiful piece of art in the end, but is it worth the tensions while making it? He seems to think so, but she likes when work flows and isn’t contrived, so 🤷🏼