Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

Dan Auerbach Talks "Ultraviolence" & Being Open To Working With Lana Del Rey Again

this on top of her going to new york and italy... we could really be winning!!! :creepna2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

14 hours ago, West Coast said:

To me that just cements my thought that when there is tension it gets your creative juices flowing. No need for a "yes man", making art with someone else isn't all rainbows & unicorns. 

Dan clearly views Lana has a creative and interesting artist and he really believes in her capabilities, hence why he pushed and did the most for Ultraviolence to be released and get the attention it deserved from her label.

I stan and I want more. :dafuq:

this is an excellent point. the difference between that tension and her recent records with jack…I never thought of it like that

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Clearly a fake fan here, but what tension is he talking about? Is there stuff we’ve known about UV that I haven’t yet heard about Lana being unhappy with it? How did Dan push for the album like other users have mentioned?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

56 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Clearly a fake fan here, but what tension is he talking about? Is there stuff we’ve known about UV that I haven’t yet heard about Lana being unhappy with it? How did Dan push for the album like other users have mentioned?

From what I recall from the interviews that were published in 2014/15, Dan said that "[they] fought a lot in the studio, but ended up dancing to the songs" and also he mentioned a lot of bullshit in regards to financing the album.

People at Interscope hated what the album sounded like, so much so that they asked Adele's producer to chime in and he loved what he heard and then the execs ate shit up. Lana was ready to back down and change her tune, but Dan didn't back down and fought back.

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

From what I recall from the interviews that were published in 2014/15, Dan said that "[they] fought a lot in the studio, but ended up dancing to the songs" and also he mentioned a lot of bullshit in regards to financing the album.

People at Interscope hated what the album sounded like, so much so that they asked Adele's producer to chime in and he loved what he heard and then the execs ate shit up. Lana was ready to back down and change her tune, but Dan didn't back down and fought back.

Thank you thank you thank you 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 5/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, West Coast said:

Wasnt it said that she even threatened the executives to stop releasing music if she wasn't allowed to release UV her way? 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

wow I didn't know he talked about UV so recently everyone involved should be so proud of this record

honestly bring him back :defeated:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

good thing i found this thread and let me tell you when i posted a tiktok about how i want lana to work with dan again for a hypothetical ultraviolence 2.0 album, some tiktok lana stans are big mad and commenting their big "NFR is superior" energy when i posted it. honestly, UV is her best sounding album and totally different during its time but now we are stuck with jack antonoff songs.

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

I do wonder how that ordeal with Interscope during the UV recording process impacted her relationship with them and how much say they have over what the final product sounds like. It's nice to think she has complete control over the material and what gets released but that isn't the majority in a lot of cases with major labels.

Could definitely be argued they had her re-work Lust For Life, given the demo versions.

I remember when WC was released and the btd Stans hated it

When the album was released they hated that each song sounded too much alike, but that was just the cohesiveness of the tracks and the world building

Will never be repeated, and I’m okay with that

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...