Rust Dress

Jack Antonoff has revealed that him and Lana have recorded a new song at Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA.

1 minute ago, takemetothegasstation said:

how could you say the bombastic songs are "horrible" when the best lana songs recently have all been bombastic (vb, wd, dealer, bbs, wfwf, etc.?)Β 

Half of those songs weren't produced by Jack. But go off.Β 

Do people realize thatβ€”throughoutΒ Lana’s careerβ€”many of her songs have started as voice memos (or even just little melodies she’d hum) that were later assigned chords on piano and then repackaged with different production once the melody and chord progression was figured out?Β This process is neither new to Lana nor specific to Jack.

Toying around with lyrics in the studio, using voice memos, going in the studio for fun, etc. aren’t measures of work ethic,Β inspiration, or quality. In fact, Antonoff (and other producers/engineers) himself has talked about her stubbornness in the studio. An artist with little care or motivation for her work will not fight to see it manifested how she wants it.Β 

Β 

cAPmzwh.jpg

Β 

Anyways, I’m super excited to hear what they’ve cooked up!

β€œβ€¦and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia PlathΒ 

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

obsessed Jack haters LOST

Exactly. Anyways, at this point, it’s clear she calls the shot, no matter whoΒ she works with. Mike Dean is the best example.Β 

8 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Do people realize thatβ€”throughoutΒ Lana’s careerβ€”many of her songs have started as voice memos (or even just little melodies she’d hum) that were later assigned chords on piano and then repackaged with different production once the melody and chord progression was figured out?Β This process is neither new to Lana nor specific to Jack.

Toying around with lyrics in the studio, using voice memos, going in the studio for fun, etc. aren’t measures of work ethic,Β inspiration, or quality. In fact, Antonoff (and other producers/engineers) himself has talked about her stubbornness in the studio. An artist with little care or motivation for her work will not fight to see it manifested how she wants it.Β 

Β 

cAPmzwh.jpg

Β 

Anyways, I’m super excited to hear what they’ve cooked up!

That picture will never fail to crack me upΒ :hide:

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, takemetothegasstation said:

how could you say the bombastic songs are "horrible" when the best lana songs recently have all been bombastic (vb, wd, dealer, bbs, wfwf, etc.?)Β 

LA Who Am I prod. marshmello being a prime example of what i claimed

Β 

Β 

can we pleade get punisher vibes on the album. I WOUKD KILL FOR AN I KNOW THE END LANA’S VERSION

I don’t think it’s the difference in opinion that’s fucking absurd here

Β 

its the fact that people will bash a tease of a song that we haven’t heard just because the producer said he started playing piano when she started ad libingΒ 

Β 

where does the energy to be so fucking negative come from when we literally haven’t heard anything

i used to dislike lfl but I don’t come around fucking shit talking it every time someone mentions it

Β 

Get some new ideasΒ 

Β 

and btw we know at this point it’s not the producer that’s making these decisios, it’sΒ LanaΒ 

Β 

so if you’re going to hate someone it’s her, and at that point you’re not a fan so keep your mouth shutΒ 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

3 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I don’t think it’s the difference in opinion that’s fucking absurd here

Β 

its the fact that people will bash a tease of a song that we haven’t heard just because the producer said he started playing piano when she started ad libingΒ 

Β 

where does the energy to be so fucking negative come from when we literally haven’t heard anything

i used to dislike lfl but I don’t come around fucking shit talking it every time someone mentions it

Β 

Get some new ideasΒ 

:gclap:

almost all songs start with a piano just to figure out the melody… plus he literally said he was ALSO playing with 808s during that session. i swear some of you see the word β€œpiano” n ur brain just shuts offΒ :biblio:

VENICE BITCH

WHITE DRESS

THE GREATEST

MARINERS APARTMENT COMPLEX

Β 

i am manifesting these kinds of energy in this collaboration!

Β 

PLEASE JACK IT UP, DO NOTΒ JACKOFF THIS TIME JACK ANTONOFF!!!Β :oprah4::trisha:

Β 

@WHORE OF TROPICO Β  ⇨ Β  @SALVAWHOREΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon β€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Β 

I must be stupid and HBB need to be on it pls..as deluxe edition songs...

Β 

Also I hope she incorporates elements of Dance Fever into it..or atleast draws some inspiration from it.

.cmon jack..u can do it bbyttt

The thing is Jack just doesn’t have the vibe…. Even if there are 808s Lana needs someone with a different vibe… Mike Dean is giving mature, he’s giving gritty, Jack is giving Westside Story extra it’s just not what I need.. what happened to that guy from ig she wasΒ withΒ y’all were calling nasty and such…? How is Jack supposed to make songs that match his vibe.. I can’t see it

UbsOye5.png

5 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

yall are giving this too much hopeΒ :toofunny:Β im not expecting exciting stuff from lana anymore, so for another album to be piano-based is literally the only thing I can think of for what she will be doing.

What’s with these expectations?

Β 

when you let go of anything like that and you’re experiencing an artists journey in her own art, I find it so enjoyable

Β 

We literally have no control over what’s to come, why build these fantasiesΒ 

Β 

enjoy her while were here because one day this will just be nostalgiaΒ 

Β 

Β 

16 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

The thing is Jack just doesn’t have the vibe…. Even if there are 808s Lana needs someone with a different vibe… Mike Dean is giving mature, he’s giving gritty, Jack is giving Westside Story extra it’s just not what I need.. what happened to that guy from ig she wasΒ withΒ y’all were calling nasty and such…? How is Jack supposed to make songs that match his vibe.. I can’t see it

He has no vibeΒ :true:

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@whitelungswhitepalmsΒ your wisdom and perspective areΒ refreshing!Β :oprah:

You’re sweet

Β 

dont get me wrong I used to be a piece of shit when it came to Lana, I was comparing everything to everything

Β 

then I would go back and listen and think to myself why the fuck was I being so weird

Β 

No one does it like her, so I’ve let go of that mentality of nitpicking and comparing and saying ah she should do this and do that

Β 

waste of my time and makes me enjoy music less

Β 

and why be negative in any aspect it’s so exhaustingΒ