Rust Dress

Jack Antonoff has revealed that him and Lana have recorded a new song at Henson Studios in Los Angeles, CA.

i’m not complaining about the piano - if anything i want more piano

i’m complaining about jack’s awful mixing :true:

and if you like the sound of jack’s production on some obscure overpriced audiophile setup from 1986 then good for you

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

well she has given some interesting stuff, interesting has many meanings… I don’t think we’ll get exciting (by my own terms) stuff anymore. Last two albums have come and gone with nothing memorable to me besides the older leaked songs. 

I can definitely see how some of the fans of her older albums would be losing interest with her more minimalistic sound and personal lyrics. I’m not a huge fan of Blue Banisters myself. If she had taken 3 or 4 years to release it after Chemtrails, then I think I would feel a little more pessimistic about her future releases. I want to stay optimistic for the next album until I actually hear the songs for now though. 

2 minutes ago, violets4roses said:

this. 

let people voice their thoughts, positive or negative. The things we look for in music and what make music enjoyable is completely subjective. 

i agree but it makes no sense that people have opinions about a song we know almost nothing about. i feel pretty neutral but im excited for new music. i dont think we should be labeling it as a masterpiece OR a flop. makes no sense. the negativity is just tiring

13 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Norman Fucking Tin Can is the most claustrophobic album ive ever heard. 

It really is fascinating how differently people hear things because NFR is the absolute opposite of claustrophobic to me, it's an open breeze over the ocean.

Just now, mlittle11 said:

i agree but it makes no sense that people have opinions about a song we know almost nothing about. i feel pretty neutral but im excited for new music. i dont think we should be labeling it as a masterpiece OR a flop. makes no sense. the negativity is just tiring

THIS

This is my problem, negativity where we literally haven’t heard anything

I get this is a discussion board but do people literally have nothing else to do? 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

8 minutes ago, avenue said:

i’m not complaining about the piano - if anything i want more piano

i’m complaining about jack’s awful mixing :true:

and if you like the sound of jack’s production on some obscure overpriced audiophile setup from 1986 then good for you

Mixing + whoever does his sound engineering. BB and COTCC are not bad but NFR sounds tinny and flat. 

Also why tf have we not gotten her new albums in Dolby Atmos? He’s done it for like all his other collabs (Taylor, Lorde, St. Vincent, Clairo) but not for COTCC or BB (which came out after folklore and Lover). 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

18 minutes ago, DCooper said:

It really is fascinating how differently people hear things because NFR is the absolute opposite of claustrophobic to me, it's an open breeze over the ocean.

to me its death valley. hot thick and dry air u can drink :true:

46 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Norman Fucking Tin Can is the most claustrophobic album ive ever heard. The dry air and filtered vocals are just not it. He mixes everything so quietly that its almost pointless to include… ie drums especially! His constant recycling ala Solar Power, Wild at Heart, etc, is just very lacking. He seems like the kind of guy that says if u dont like the sound, get better speakers.  :oprah3: reputation was a fantastic display of his range in production, but there’s something about his work with lana that just seems cocky and too sure of itself. Its like he knew bringing the two names together, that he wouldnt even have to try to make it sound exciting. But again, my biggest issue with jack is the lack of atmosphere his production

This is why I just cannot enjoy songs like The greatest, which isn't bad by any means, but his method of making all the instruments sound so damn inaudible and subdued on the majority of his work with Lana is fucking insufferable. The lack of bass, percussions and the way he just caresses guitar strings, not to mention the way his piano sounds like it was recorded with an actual tin can. :bebe:

Funny to me how people make fun of the rough Ultraviolence mix and the ''aWfUl uLtrAviOlencE miCroPhoNe'' when most of NFR sounds like a metallic fart. :really:

12 minutes ago, West Coast said:

the way his piano sounds like it was recorded with an actual tin can. :bebe:

The intro of Mariners, the song that made me a stan again, is diabolical. I would kill for a remastered version.

44 minutes ago, avenue said:

For the record, I have listened to Jack's LDR albums on many different setups, from AirPod Max-es, Grados, my parents home theatre setup, to my Q Acoustics bookshelf speakers. They are comparatively (to most other albums) bad on every setup I have access to. Now I am not an audiophile, and I am sure my setup isn't as fine tuned as it "should" be, but the Antonoff+LDR albums are noticeably poorly mixed compared to my other albums. 

It'd be such a cute idea if she includes those voice memos in the deluxe versions of her upcoming albums. I'd kill to hear what's in that voice memo app. :oprah:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

LB when someone mentions a piano

spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif

Anyways I‘m so excited, finally some (almost) official news :trisha: NFR is one of my all time favorite albums and I can‘t wait to hear in which direction Lana and Jack are heading :trisha:

this thread is so obnoxious :bye:

we haven’t even heard the song yet, all we know is that lana & jack were in the studio & they played around with vocals, pianos, & 808s, it’s ridiculous to automatically assume the song is going to suck because it has a piano, or if it’s produced by jack antonoff, let’s not forget that he is perfectly capable of making exciting & quality songs, venice bitch, fuck it i love you, cinnamon girl, the greatest, white dress, chemtrails, tulsa jesus freak, dark but just a game, & dance till we die are all songs which credit jack as a producer which aren’t boring piano ballads, the discussion of the mixing is another discussion, but let’s not act as if jack antonoff is some talentless hack because lana’s not delivering the kind of music you want from her, we’re almost 4 albums in with this mellow, low-key sound & style, maybe it’s time for some of you guys to accept that you just don’t like her new music & stop throwing a tantrum whenever jack’s name is mentioned, we’re all allowed to have differences in opinions but at this point, it’s becoming redundant & annoying 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

this thread is so obnoxious :bye:

we haven’t even heard the song yet, all we know is that lana & jack were in the studio & they played around with vocals, pianos, & 808s, it’s ridiculous to automatically assume the song is going to suck because it has a piano, or if it’s produced by jack antonoff, let’s not forget that he is perfectly capable of making exciting & quality songs, venice bitch, fuck it i love you, cinnamon girl, the greatest, white dress, chemtrails, tulsa jesus freak, dark but just a game, & dance till we die are all songs which credit jack as a producer which aren’t boring piano ballads, the discussion of the mixing is another discussion, but let’s not act as if jack antonoff is some talentless hack because lana’s not delivering the kind of music you want from her, we’re almost 4 albums in with this mellow, low-key sound & style, maybe it’s time for some of you guys to accept that you just don’t like her new music & stop throwing a tantrum whenever jack’s name is mentioned, we’re all allowed to have differences in opinions but at this point, it’s becoming redundant & annoying 

that was one long sentence wow but i agree, i think it’s definitely lana who wants this sound overall. she could work with any producer and sound but keeps coming back to jack and piano 

26 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I won’t judge till hearing any song but I would be disappointed with another piano ballad I won’t lie.  I want proper production….

i feel similarly. i wonder what the aesthetic will be this time though. always love her themes